Fireside S'mores Tea

Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Liannah

• “This is a backlog from yesterday afternoon, when I made my first-ever visit to Teaopia! Picked this one up for 50% off, plus a couple other teas (not on sale). I'll need to write a proper review...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “Nice!! I like it! It really hit my chocolate craving. With some milk and sugar, the piping hot cup tastes kindof earthy though. Almost like a caramel rooibos but that could also be the hazelnut,...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1307 tasting notes
  • “Finally finished up this sample from *Heather*. I really wish this tea were still available. I like it. A lot. I even picked the mini marshmallows out of the leaves to float in my mug. That's...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1457 tasting notes
  • “Thanks, Kittenna! Well, I don't taste anything. I'm waiting and waiting for a flavor but it's doing nothing for me. I only steeped it for 3 minutes, though that's what the instructions...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes

From Teaopia

Love S`Mores? We love them so much that we made it into a tea! A delectable combination of Black Tea, Oolong Tea, Pai Mu Tan White Tea, Mini Marshmallows, Cocoa Peel, Chocolate Drops, Hazelnut Brittle, Pomegranate Flower Blossoms and Marigold Flower Petals. Indulge in this delicious tea. Make it into a steamed tea latte for an over the top, guilt free treat!

About Teaopia View company

Total miss :(

It’s bitter, lacks any flavour even remotely resembling s’mores. Smells burnt when I sniff the tin. Adding milk/sweeteners/ice cream/whipped cream didn’t help.

Really disappointed that I don’t like it after reading all the hype about it, and then waiting to finally have it in stock so I could try it.

Amariel

See, now I prefer this over DAVIDs Toasted Marshmallow.

I really, really enjoy this tea; the scent is, I think, headier than the brew, so I suggest an uber long steep for myself. But I’m also pretty much a master of not minding an excessive steep.

I love to painstakingly take the little marshmallows out of my tea ball before I brew, and toss them in just with the water to make sure they have their full impact – nothing more tragic than steeping this tea and emptying out your leaves afterwards and seeing little marshmallows that haven’t fully dissolved into your tea!

The texture of this tea is great, and I blame that partially on those little mallows, and I find it brings out the graham cracker texture and taste subtly but well. I don’t really find the chocolate that strong in this, which I find nice, but I can also imagine it’s disappointing for many people.

For myself, I say steep it to high heaven, add milk for a creamier experience, and if you’re feeling fun, creative, and silly – throw in your own full sized marshmallows! It’s nice! And it looks so cute and playful to have marshmallows for your tea; I’d definitely suggest doing it like that if you’re having a get together in the cooler months to warm everyone up – and their spirits! _

Opening the tin, I was surprised to see little mini toasted marshmallows in amongst the tea. I’ve actually tasted the little devils pre-steeping mainly when I get a sugar craving at my desk and the tin is right there.

I really enjoyed the flavor in this one. Slightly chocolatey, a bit of marshmallow and a sweet caramel/graham cracker flavor.

I don’t always pay attention to my steep time at work. I get distracted easily and I’ve found that this tea sustains an extra-long steep fairly well. Either that or I’m getting used to over steeped tea.

While it isn’t a tea I’d normally feel I need to keep stocked, due to the sale of Teaopia to Teavana, I’ll be picking up another tin.

I loveeeeeee this tea! I was shopping one day at the mall and a lady was handing out samples of this smores tea but it was steeped, ICED, and had vanilla soy in it… after I tried it I thought, “this is my summer drink” because it definitely reminds me of iced coffee (which I love, but this is obviously more healthier/better for you). Great this way! I haven’t tried it hot though, which I’ll try soon. :)

Iced 4 min, 0 sec
Rabby

OH MY GOD. I would NEVER have thought of having this iced – but throw in vanilla soy?! WOW. Oh my GOSH, I NEED to try this ASAP!!! THANK YOU!

Agree with Heather, this one smells amazing dry but is only mediocre when brewed. You definitely get more notes of graham cracker than either the marshmallow or chocolate.

It makes a pretty yummy latte though! If you’re getting it as a latte in store, ask for it “half-sweet” because waayyyy too much chocolate syrup is added!