Spring Morning

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Carleigh

• “Oh, this is fine but I'm unenthused. The berry flavours are nice, and it's subtle enough not to be overbearing (read: I will be able to finish the pouch), but I just don't get along with the sencha...” Read full tasting note
    nomadinjeopardy 658 tasting notes
  • “Much to my dismay, Teavana has discontinued this tea, as I can't find it on their site any longer. This was one of the legacy teas that they incorporated into their lineup when they bought out...” Read full tasting note
    cvasilevski 167 tasting notes
  • “This tea is just lovely. Beautiful balance of the fresh green tea taste and fruity twist of strawberries. Unlike artificially flavoured teas with strawberry, this tea does not steep pink or red and...” Read full tasting note
    joybear 2 tasting notes
  • “Not my favorite, but definitely an enjoyable tea. The first time I made it, I steeped it wayyyy too long and it was unbearably bitter. But this time is just right and it is pretty enjoyable and...” Read full tasting note
    mostlymagic 4 tasting notes

From Teaopia

Spring Morning offers a mixture of Green Sencha with real strawberry slices and red currants. This visually and tastefully stimulating fruity flavoured tea is perfectly offset by the sharp aromatic flavour of Sencha. This drink is ideal any time of day hot or iced for tea and fruit lovers.

About Teaopia View company

Oh, this is fine but I’m unenthused. The berry flavours are nice, and it’s subtle enough not to be overbearing (read: I will be able to finish the pouch), but I just don’t get along with the sencha Teaopia uses in their blends. It’s kind of scratchy, and not very flavourful. I’m also finding that their blends kind of blur together for me as the fruity ones end up tasting the same.

Kittenna

I find the same with DavidsTea’s sencha. However, 52teas’ seems to be much better, I’ve found so far!

Jessie

Yeah! I think the flavoured senchas I’m most consistently impressed with are Tealish’s and Den’s fruit-flavoured ones (the pineapple is the ultimate flavoured sencha!).

LiberTEAS

I am not familiar with the Sencha that Tealish, Teaopia, or DavidsTea uses, but, I know that 52Teas uses a Chinese Sencha while Den’s uses Japanese, that’s why these two are different from one another…

Jessie

Japanese sencha seems to be the norm, which I do think works best with most fruit-type flavours. But, sencha is so variable according to freshness that I find companies that take note of this tend to have better blends. If it gets stale then they tend to taste a little dusty and bland, I think. So when I say that I like one sencha base over the other, I typically just find it fresher and crisper as they’re always Japanese aside from 52Teas. The Chinese sencha is interesting, for sure.

Much to my dismay, Teavana has discontinued this tea, as I can’t find it on their site any longer. This was one of the legacy teas that they incorporated into their lineup when they bought out Teaopia in Canada, and knowing that they’re no longer stocking it makes me super sad (but not surprised – I’ve learned from Steepster’s forums that Teavana has a habit of doing this).

Anyways, this tea still remains one of my favourites. The base green is unassuming, which lets the fruit flavouring come forward a lot. Nice pale liquor with the tartness of berries – it actually smells kind of like strawberry gum!

Since it’s discontinued, I would normally hoard this tea like Smaug. But I just ordered a package of Demain from Nina’s Paris and had it shipped to a relative overwintering in Florida, who should be coming home later on this month. Once I have the two side by side I’ll do a taste comparison. Fingers crossed that Demain will be my new substitute since I won’t be able to get this tea anymore.

Anna

Aw, that’s so sad. I really hope Demain will be a fair substitute! Evil Teavana.

Christina

I have high hopes, since I’ve heard so many things about Nina’s Paris teas. Anna, considering your access to French tea blenders, what are your thoughts?

Anna

Well, I’m the wrong person to ask – I have a personal bias against NP without ever having tried any of their teas. I’ve e-mailed Laurent on six separate occasions without ever receiving a response, which I find unacceptable. Then again, I’m very curious about Nina’s Japon, so if I come across that at some point and enjoy it, I might be swayed. Possibly.

Christina

Oh, that’s too bad. Well, when I get my Nina’s stuff in, I’ll definitely post about it.

Anna

I definitely look forward to reading your reviews! =)

This tea is just lovely. Beautiful balance of the fresh green tea taste and fruity twist of strawberries. Unlike artificially flavoured teas with strawberry, this tea does not steep pink or red and taste bitter, it is just perfect..

Not my favorite, but definitely an enjoyable tea. The first time I made it, I steeped it wayyyy too long and it was unbearably bitter. But this time is just right and it is pretty enjoyable and very healthy.

This one is really nice. The flavor is subtle but satisfying. I serve it black, and it is nice iced as well.