Chamomile Flowers

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Teapigs

About this tea:
It’s long been known that the best chamomile tea comes from brewing the whole flowers. So guess what we sell? That’s right, only the whole flowers of the Croatian chamomile bush. You may have noticed most other chamomile teas are made from crushed flowers, which in our view is a plain nasty thing to do. Equally, well known are the medicinal benefits of chamomile, which include calming, soothing anxiety and aiding sleep.

Taste:
A beautiful yellow cup which gives way to a sweet, surprisingly juicy flavour of chamomile.

Try it:
“Au naturel”

Good if you’re feeling:
Unable to switch off. One cup of this will calm any incessant mind-whirring, especially if you put your feet up while someone else makes it for you.

About Teapigs View company

Tomorrow is the big day! I could use something to help me wind down! Chamomile to the rescue!

The pyramid sachet was mostly whole leaves with a little bit of dust. Not enough to result in sediment resting at the bottom of my cup.

I’m not usually a big fan of Chamomile all by itself. In blends, its ok, but, by itself, it’s usually pretty lackluster. But, this one is pretty good. I can taste a distinct apple-y note. Sweet and pleasant.

I’ve decided not to rate this one numerically, though. I like it for what it is. But I don’t generally like what it is… if that makes sense.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Okay…since I have been slacking on my chamomile themed teas and tisanes I figured I would bite the bullet and try a bunch of them today. I have also been slacking on my bagged teas…so…here’s to another! CHEERS!

smells and tastes fairly…FLAT…even for a chamomile. At least it doesn’t present that funky stale floral aftertaste that some tend to.

it’s so-so, I suppose…or a bit less than so-so

This is one of my favourite chamomile teas, and, also, a SIPDOWN! The first thing I notice about it on opening the packet is the strong honeyed scent. It’s almost like opening a jar of fresh honey. Sweet, slightly floral. The chamomile is whole flower, another of my favourite qualities in a chamomile tea. They rehydrate when wet, fill the bag like little golden-yellow beads, and turn the water a bright, sunny yellow.

It may be nice to smell and pretty to look at, but it’s also equally pleasing to taste. Naturally sweet, slightly floral, with an overriding hat-like flavour and a slight green-apple like sharpness to the aftertaste. I tend to leave the bag in all the while I’m drinking this tea, which is maybe slightly heretical, but I find that as it steeps the apple note becomes more predominant and defined, and this is something I can appreciate in such a naturally sweet tea. It adds a pleasing edge, and is a perfect counterpoint, to the otherwise strongly honey-like flavour.

This is a tea I always find genuinely soothing. It’s my post-interview drink of choice, which is why this post is also a sipdown. I’ve had six interviews in the last four weeks, and I’ve been drinking this almost compulsively both before and afterwards. I finally got offered a job on Thursday, so I can leave off this particular tea for a while, but it certainly helped to calm my interview fear which always seems to strike particularly badly.

Calming, uplifting, sunny. Perfect!

Boiling 8 min or more

Sipdown! This was a sample that came with my purchase at the Coffee & Tea Festival. Frankly, I like this a whole lot better than my actual purchase. The roomy pyramid teabag contains whole chamomile flowers. Dry, the leaf smells like apples. Brewed, it smells like crisp golden apples. The flavor is very nice. It’s sweet and slightly savory. This actually reminds me of Bonomelli Camomile, although these flowers come from Croatia and those come from the Lombardy region of Italy. I would happily keep this on hand.

I don’t like writing bad reviews however, I was really disapointed with this. It looks beautiful, as all Teapigs teas do however, it just doesn’t taste great. It’s Chamomile but a little bitter, a little dull, a little meh! I love Chamomile teas before bed however this version, which with whole flowers I feel shold taste better, sadly just doesn’t do it for me.