Spiced Winter

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “I cleared this off my shelf just before Christmas only to receive more for Christmas. Luckily it's only a small pack of around 6 teabags. The snow stopped last night but the ground is covered...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 984 tasting notes
  • “One of my leaving presents from my last job was a box of Teapigs, and I've just got around to starting them now. The first one I chose was Spiced Winter -- it's seasonally appropriate, after all....” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 691 tasting notes
  • “I enjoyed this more then I thought I would, although probably not enough to repurchase. The rooibos base is a bit more woody then I was expecting, but it blended well with the cinnamon, clove, and...” Read full tasting note
    Pandesme 37 tasting notes
  • “I was worried about this one when I smelled it thinking it was going to be all spicy and nothing else but it's not too shabby! Yes, there are spices present...but...There is a smoothness and...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From Teapigs

About this tea:
We’ve aimed to capture the best bits of winter. Mulled wine and mistletoe. Winter coats and rosy cheeks. Log fires, happy cats and old movies on the telly. Tea and warming spices. A blend of orange, cloves and cinnamon on a red tea base, perfect on a crisp frosty morning or with brandy at bedtime (the red tea base is caffeine free).
Compare the large leaf in our tea temples to the dust in your regular bag: whole leaf is best.

Taste:
Warming winter spices combined with a delicious red tea base.

Try it:
Good with milk, special with brandy.

Good if you’re feeling:
Chilled but not in the positive sense. This tea will warm you through.

Ingredients:
Rooibos tea, flavours, orange peel, ginko, orange blossom, cinnamon, ginseng root, cloves and safflower.

Brewing Instructions:
One tea temple per person, infused in boiling water for at least 3 minutes. Don’t rush – just relax and watch the leaves swirl.

About Teapigs View company

I cleared this off my shelf just before Christmas only to receive more for Christmas. Luckily it’s only a small pack of around 6 teabags.

The snow stopped last night but the ground is covered with a few inches of pure ice so work phoned to say I don’t need to come in today. Just as well because I know I would fall over like a penguin.

If you have snow where you are and you need to venture out then I wish you all safety and protection. The snow is beautiful but dangerous. Have a good day everyone.

One of my leaving presents from my last job was a box of Teapigs, and I’ve just got around to starting them now. The first one I chose was Spiced Winter — it’s seasonally appropriate, after all. It’s one I pretty much always enjoy, too. The red base is slightly woody, but the orange, cinnamon, and clove spicing more or less covers most of that up. The flavours work together in any case, so it’s actually a pretty successful rooibos to my tastes. It’s probably not one I’d look to keep around other than at Christmas, but it’s a nice caffeine free Christmas tea, and beautifully spiced to boot. An enduring Teapigs winter favourite!

I enjoyed this more then I thought I would, although probably not enough to repurchase. The rooibos base is a bit more woody then I was expecting, but it blended well with the cinnamon, clove, and orange spicing. It is a bit sweeter then I was expecting, although not necessarily in a bad way. Overall it was a good, enjoyable cup -and it definitely reminded me of winter. I think I might experiment with this one a little bit, I have a feeling that it would taste really good with some of my creamed cinnamon honey from David’s Tea.

Yvonne

This blend sounds absolutely wonderful.

Pandeme

It is! I definitely recommend trying it if you get a chance :)

Yvonne

I can’t afford ordering anything at the moment – jobless, too mentally and physically unwell at the moment to find work, and broke. :P But as soon as I get myself better and get income again, you better believe I’ll be ordering up some. :)

Pandeme

I can send some to you if you want? :) I have a nice little sample size of this one and a few of their other teas that I wouldn’t mind sending your way. PM me if you want the samples :)

Yvonne

Aww, that would be absolutely wonderful! I’ll send you a PM :) Thank you so, so much!

No problem!! :D

Yvonne

It won’t seem to let me send you a PM – I think we both need to be following eachother. :)

Pandeme

Oops! There, you should be able to now :)

Yvonne

Wonderful! You’re such a doll :) Thanks again!

I was worried about this one when I smelled it thinking it was going to be all spicy and nothing else but it’s not too shabby! Yes, there are spices present…but…There is a smoothness and sweetness that punch thru that make it really nice. The aftertaste is almost wine-like. Glad I got to try this!

John S.

I’ve been wanting to try this brand. Where did you find it? Aren’t they only in England? Thanks :)

This could best be described as mulled redbush, really. Most of the flavour is of citrus and sweetish spices, and not that much of the taste of the redbush comes through. I usually add honey to this, as I often do to redbush.

My main complaint is, that like most pyramid teabags, it’s overpriced for the amount of tea you get.