Pure Lemongrass

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

From Teapigs

About this tea:
Lemongrass is drunk all over Asia as an aid to digestion, helping to kill off any nasties in your tummy. Originally from Malaysia, it flourishes in any humid clime. Well-known to us as an ingredient in Thai cooking, little did we know what a wonderful drink this makes too.

Compare the leaf in our tea temples to the dust in your regular tea bag; whole leaf is best.

Taste:
An unexpectedly sweet lime and citrus drink.

Try it:
As it is, but why not add some of the cooled infusion to elderflower cordial for a sophisticated squash?

Good if you’re feeling:
As toxic as a barrel of plutonium. This sweet herbal tea will refresh the system.

To buy our pure lemon grass herbal tea online, select the quantity of loose leaf tea or tea temples you would like and then add to basket.

Ingredients:
Pure lemongrass.

About Teapigs View company

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending this my way!

Tonight… at 11:30 pm… I’m indulging in a late night snack that I really shouldn’t be indulging in – fried green beans with wasabi ranch sauce. So to offset the side effects of the wasabi (ie: heart burn) I am enjoying a cup of Lemongrass to tame the tummy!

And it is a delightful pairing. I like the contrast of flavors.

This lemongrass is deliciously smooth, sweet, and has a very pleasant citrus tone. YUMMY!

Boiling 8 min or more
Michelle Butler Hallett

I started to salivate, reading this.

I’ve had this tea many times prior to joining Steepster, and a couple of times since. It was actually my drink of choice last summer, when I was working in a relatively small, almost windowless office. For all that, I’ve never got around to writing a tasting note. I feel like something fresh to drink this morning, though, so I decided to grab the opportunity.

The dry leaves are one of the things I like most about this tea. Large, flat pieces of dried lemongrass, and nothing else. They range from a gorgeous grassy green, through shades of brown and cream. The scent is almost undescribably fresh — lightly lemony, slightly grassy and hay-like. Opening a new packet, the scent immediately reminds me of summer. It’s just that kind of smell.

I usuaully leave the bag in this one, until it’s a medium yellow-green. The infused leaves smell strongly citrussym with more of a lime note than they posessed dry. The lemon is still detectable, although slightly less so. The overarching note is a delicate sweetness, contributing a wonderful hay-like aroma. I love this tea. It makes the sun seem that much closer, even on a grey, miserable day like today.

To taste, this is just as you’d expect. Citrussy, sweet, and very mellow. It tastes very rounded, very smooth, and it’s so easy to drink. There’s a very slight tang from the citrus in the aftertaste, but it’s more than welcome after the sweetness of the initial sip.

If it were possible to bottle summer, you couldn’t get much closer than this.

Subtle, sweet, refreshing, mellow. Utterly divine.