Lemon and ginger

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LaSere

• “My dad loves this tea, so there's been a box in the house almost constantly for a good few years now. Surprisingly, I have never tried one, or never that I recall. High time to put that...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 911 tasting notes
  • “Bleurgh. I have a stinking cold just as I'm spending the weekend at a friend's hen party- typical! This is just what I needed to perk me up before I venture out. Not too much ginger & a good...” Read full tasting note
    ~Caroline~ 23 tasting notes
  • “Perfectly balanced; the absence of artificial flavours makes a cup that is so natural and pleasant, filled with gentle but satisfying lemony notes and a slight ginger "tickle" that makes the...” Read full tasting note
    lasere 6 tasting notes

From Teapigs

It may be chilly and grey outside, but this all-natural, gingery, lemony brew will sweep you away to a British summer’s day – home-made lemonade, traditional ginger beer, croquet and morris dancers (ok, perhaps a step too far). There is no match for the ginger kick and refreshing lemon in this infusion.

Ingredients: ginger, lemongrass, lemon peel, liquorice root

About Teapigs View company

My dad loves this tea, so there’s been a box in the house almost constantly for a good few years now. Surprisingly, I have never tried one, or never that I recall. High time to put that right.

The dry leaves smell predominantly of root ginger, with the soft, hay-like sweetness of the lemongrass emerging in the background. There’s quite a kick of ginger — the kind that tickles your nose if you inhale too deeply. The lemongrass pieces look to be chopped — they’re a lot shorter than the leaves in Teapigs’ Pure Lemongrass — but they’re by no means dust. The ginger pieces are also indetifiable, with the overall proportion looking to be about 50:50. Probably just right, then!

I’ve been missing out. Brewed, the lemongrass comes through a lot more in the scent. To taste, it’s a lot sweeter than I was expecting, and quite complex. The lemongrass is the first thing I can detectl sweet, slightly citrusy. Then comes the tingling spiciness of the ginger, which develops into a lingering warmth in the the aftertaste.

This tea claims to be the perfect British summer drink. From what I’ve tasted, I guess it probably could be. It reminds me of lemonade and ginger beer, things I associate with summer, and that are also making me desperate to try this iced. It’s nice hot, but I can just imagine it working even better cold. Definetly one to revisit!

Bleurgh. I have a stinking cold just as I’m spending the weekend at a friend’s hen party- typical! This is just what I needed to perk me up before I venture out. Not too much ginger & a good citrusy kick to drag me into the land of the living!

Perfectly balanced; the absence of artificial flavours makes a cup that is so natural and pleasant, filled with gentle but satisfying lemony notes and a slight ginger “tickle” that makes the difference.

The liquorice root, wich I usually can’t stand, remains in the background and does not disturb at all.