Lemon and ginger

Herbal Tea
Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass, Licorice
Edit tea info Last updated by LaSere

• “My dad loves this tea, so there's been a box in the house almost constantly for a good few years now. Surprisingly, I have never tried one, or never that I recall. High time to put that...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1026 tasting notes
  • “Bleurgh. I have a stinking cold just as I'm spending the weekend at a friend's hen party- typical! This is just what I needed to perk me up before I venture out. Not too much ginger & a good...” Read full tasting note
    ~Caroline~ 23 tasting notes
  • “Perfectly balanced; the absence of artificial flavours makes a cup that is so natural and pleasant, filled with gentle but satisfying lemony notes and a slight ginger "tickle" that makes the...” Read full tasting note
    lasere 6 tasting notes
  • “This is a delicious herbal infusion of lemon and ginger. It's not too tart from the lemon, nor is it too spicy from the ginger. The balance of both form the perfect flavor combination. This is a...” Read full tasting note
    SouthernMagnolia 12 tasting notes

From Teapigs

It may be chilly and grey outside, but this all-natural, gingery, lemony brew will sweep you away to a British summer’s day – home-made lemonade, traditional ginger beer, croquet and morris dancers (ok, perhaps a step too far). There is no match for the ginger kick and refreshing lemon in this infusion.

Ingredients: ginger, lemongrass, lemon peel, liquorice root

About Teapigs View company

My dad loves this tea, so there’s been a box in the house almost constantly for a good few years now. Surprisingly, I have never tried one, or never that I recall. High time to put that right.

The dry leaves smell predominantly of root ginger, with the soft, hay-like sweetness of the lemongrass emerging in the background. There’s quite a kick of ginger — the kind that tickles your nose if you inhale too deeply. The lemongrass pieces look to be chopped — they’re a lot shorter than the leaves in Teapigs’ Pure Lemongrass — but they’re by no means dust. The ginger pieces are also indetifiable, with the overall proportion looking to be about 50:50. Probably just right, then!

I’ve been missing out. Brewed, the lemongrass comes through a lot more in the scent. To taste, it’s a lot sweeter than I was expecting, and quite complex. The lemongrass is the first thing I can detectl sweet, slightly citrusy. Then comes the tingling spiciness of the ginger, which develops into a lingering warmth in the the aftertaste.

This tea claims to be the perfect British summer drink. From what I’ve tasted, I guess it probably could be. It reminds me of lemonade and ginger beer, things I associate with summer, and that are also making me desperate to try this iced. It’s nice hot, but I can just imagine it working even better cold. Definetly one to revisit!

Bleurgh. I have a stinking cold just as I’m spending the weekend at a friend’s hen party- typical! This is just what I needed to perk me up before I venture out. Not too much ginger & a good citrusy kick to drag me into the land of the living!

Perfectly balanced; the absence of artificial flavours makes a cup that is so natural and pleasant, filled with gentle but satisfying lemony notes and a slight ginger “tickle” that makes the difference.

The liquorice root, wich I usually can’t stand, remains in the background and does not disturb at all.

This is a delicious herbal infusion of lemon and ginger. It’s not too tart from the lemon, nor is it too spicy from the ginger. The balance of both form the perfect flavor combination. This is a light enough tea to enjoy any time of the day.

The ingredient list includes whole forms of: ginger, lemongrass, lemon peel, and licorice root.

Although I typically prefer loose-leaf, If you’re looking for a well balanced, flavorful herbal blend though, and enjoy the convince of tea pyramids/temples, then I’d really recommend, “Lemon and Ginger” from TeaPigs. Also, I had a very good experience with both shipping and the company in general, so I find them to be an excellent company! Some, not all of their teas are also available in Fresh Market, if you have one near you.

Flavors: Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass, Licorice