Rooibos Creme Caramel

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 350 ml

From Teapigs

This tea has it all. On the one hand it’s rich in antioxidants and nutrients, making it a very healthy cuppa. While on the other, the chunks of crème caramel make it a sweet, rich, comforting drink to rival any scrumptious dessert.

Woody, nutty Rooibos balanced with sweet crème caramel for an indulgent, smooth, rich drink.

About Teapigs View company

Sipdown! Another sample from the Teapigs box I was given when I left my last job. I’ve had this one before and really enjoyed it, but it works better in a smaller cup than the one I had to hand. Relatively sweet, caramel flavoured loveliness. The rooibos is quite woody, but tones down well with some milk. I can’t believe this weekend is almost over, but there you go! Sherlock tonight!

TheTeaFairy

You Steepsterites makes me want to get into Sherlock…hummmm, it is on Netflix, is it not? Something to think about :-)

Tea fairy- it is WELL worth the time spent watching. And each season only has 3 episodes of 1.5 hours. So they’re like mini movies :)

TheTeaFairy

Ok, you sold me…I think I will start tonight :-)

yay!!! let us know if you like it or not haha

More Caramelly this time around…the longer the infusion the better with this one. I ended up doing it for 7 to 8 mins

KeenTeaThyme

Lovin’ that there is a company called “teapigs.” :)

QueenOfTarts

This tea sounds so good! I love the name, too. :)

I had this tea again and I realize that I keep coming back to this one. The tea smells buttery, sweet and woodsy. It makes a really enjoyable cup for me at the end of the day. This will definitely be a repurchase unless someone points me in the direction of another good rooibos caramel tea. Delicious cup!

I’m in the mood for something sweet and also pre bagged for ease as my newly tattoo’d arm is absolutely killing me. Plus I’m rather engrossed into the FA cup football matches as I have placed a cheeky bet for the wholesome sum of £2 and I’m sat here in anticipation with my fingers crossed.

This tea was part of a sampler box I received for Christmas with lots of different flavours, each in a tiny box with two samples per flavour.

The bag looks like normal rooibos and other than a slightly sweeter than average smell it pretty much is the same as original rooibos. Not sure why I wanted to try this since I dislike rooibos at the best of times but I just got the craving for it.

I will be adding a touch of milk (which I don’t usually do). It was nice to see the milk slowly mixing into the red tea :)

Once brewed the tea smells like normal rooibos, the sweetness has vanished. :(

The taste is like your average rooibos too. There is maybe a smidgen of sweetness but I would certainly not say it was sweet enough to be categorised as caramel. I would have to add sweetener into it before it became as sweet as it’s name sake and that would feel like a waste because I shouldn’t have to manually turn something into what it should have been in the first place. Alright I need to calm down it would seem :/

So to sum things up this was rooibos and nothing more. As far as rooibos teas are concerned this was as fresh and tasty as expected but it did not over exceed anything above average. Such a shame… I will just have to pick something sweeter for my next drink to make up for it.

I got a box of this to go with my new Brugo travel mug from TeaPigs, and I must say, I am impressed with both. This rooibos smells waaaay too sweet when dry, but it doesn’t taste so overwhelmingly sickly – the caramel is balanced nicely with the woody rooibos. I even got a second steep out of this – the taste was just as strong and sweet.

I was in a restaurant today and was excited to see that they had a range of Teapigs tea on offer. I was excited and told my friends what a special occasion it was. So I was a little disappointed that the Teapigs range on offer was all tisanes rather than any real tea. The best I could find was this, because rooibos is almost real tea. Almost. But I wasn’t so enthusiastic. I had to get it after showing my initial enthusiasm to my friends, but my expecations were quite low.

And…

I’m impressed! I have had similar drinks before and found one flavour to be dominating. Sometimes you get very creamy textures, sometimes you get rooibos overpowering everything, and sometimes you get something that is so sweet that is horrible.

The flavours are balanced very well, the caramel dominates the smell of it, but I’d prefer that to the smell of rooibos, which I don’t like especially. When you drink it you can taste it all an it is actually very pleasant.

Even more surprising is that this come in a teabag as well as loose leaf. I had mine from a teabag, but it really shouldn’t make much difference because they use whole leaves in both, without costing a fortune like MightyLeaf teabags.

It’s not getting an incredibly high rating, because it’s not my kind of tea, but otherwise it’s great

I wasn’t impressed with my first cup of this tea, but the second was much nicer. Sweet without being too claggy.

I had been drinking rooibos semi-regularly for a while, until one day my usual dealer was out of stock. Desperation made me turn to an impressive but expensive little tea and coffee bean shop just off Aberdeen’s high street – http://dft.ba/-9PBo (not my image, twitter account or self).

Anyway, I was in a rush so i had a quick look around and grabbed the only rooibos i could find. I’ve seen teapigs for sale in a few other shops, mainly cafés, so i wasn’t sure what to expect, but i gave it a chance anyway. And i’m glad i did, the tea is a delightfully smooth drink with slightly fruity, earthy tones. The caramel isn’t overpoweringly sweet, it’s a good compliment, something i wouldn’t have expected. And it’s only really present on the first steeping.

That was another pleasant surprise – yes, these are teabags, but they’re triangular based pyramids made of some high quality silk like material that doesn’t stain or absorb water like filter paper ones. And as long as you don’t rip it when undoing the string, you can re-steep them at least three times. Supposedly biodegradable too. I added five minutes per steeping, starting at roughly five minutes with water fresh from the boil. But since rooibos doesn’t contain any tannin you can be pretty lax with your timings. This more than made up for the somewhat meagre fifteen bags included in the pack.

All in all a good, convenient, staple tea if you can find it for a reasonably price. I’ve been drinking it probably more than anything else lately so i’ll definitely be looking to get some more.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 350 ML

1965 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (187)

This is another from the amazing Nattie (thank you!!!). It reminds me a lot off DAVIDs Creme Caramel rooibos which I did not love so much. The rooibos is just too strong and medicinal for my tastes and I find I am always searching for the caramel. So far Teapigs have failed to impress but that’s alright since you can’t love everything and if you have to not like something, best it be something you can’t get easily anyways :). I am grateful for the chance to try it though.

This tea was ok. I usually like Rooibos tea, and I have an extremely sweet tooth, so I was excited to try this tea from my sample box that I received for Christmas. I firstly tried the tea without milk. There was a distinct lack of sweetness in the tea, which I found odd considering it’s supposed to be a crème caramel flavoured tea. I then added milk and was still disappointed. Although the taste was slightly creamier, the tea itself still wasn’t as sweet as I would like and, to me, didn’t taste like a crème caramel at all. My housemate tried my tea, and she has less of a sweet tooth than myself, and she disagreed with me, saying it did taste like a crème caramel, so I suppose it’s all up to personal preference!