Chocolate Flake Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Teapigs

About this tea:

When we think about how many times we’ve dunked chocolate biscuits into cups of tea it’s surprising no-one else has ever thought of this before. Tea and chocolate. Together. In one cup. A partnership so perfect, it belongs between the pages of a Mills and Boon novel.

naturally contains caffeine

Compare the large leaf in our tea temples to the dust in your regular tea bag; whole leaf is best.

Taste:
Not sickly sweet hot chocolate, a far more sophisticated tea and chocolate combo.

Try it:
With milk. Or maybe a little cream?

Good if you’re feeling:
Difficult to please, you know, when you want everything and you want it now, like wanting the taste of chocolate but without the calories?

To buy our chocolate flake tea online, select the quantity of temple teas you would like and then add to basket.

Ingredients:
Black tea, chocolat chips (sugar, cacao, emulsifier soya lecithin), cocao beans, flavouring.

Brewing Instructions:
One tea temple per person, infused in boiling water for at least 3 minutes. Don’t rush – just relax and watch the leaves unfurl and the chocolate melt.

About Teapigs View company

A friend gave me this tea and I’ve been working my way through it. It’s not as subtle as I normally like my tea – it really only has one level of flavor, which is strong and dark. The chocolate is there but it mixes with the black tea. It’s an okay tea but not one I will be in a hurry to buy after I finish my supply. It is caffeinated though, which is all I really need in the mornings some days.

This may be better as a latte with milk and whipped cream on top.

1938 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (188)

Thank you Nattie for the chance to try my very first Teapigs tea. Unfortunately I am not loving this one. It seems artificial and thin. I am grateful for getting to try it but I am not sad to see it go.

I was disappointed by this tea. After reading some of the other comments about it, maybe I didn’t steep it for long enough. For me, and I do have an extreme sweet tooth, the taste really wasn’t that chocolatey. I will try it again and steep it for longer, but my first impression wasn’t brilliant. The taste of the tea itself was delicious and I did add milk, which improved it slightly. I was tempted to add a sweetener in it to see if it made a difference and maybe in my next cup I will try that. It’s definitely worth a try, it just didn’t taste how I expected it to.

Tried it, but not for me! Sorry!

A good black tea, best enjoyed with milk. Doesn’t massively taste like chocolate so its not too sickly. Great to dunk ginger biscuits in.