Mao Feng Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Teapigs

Pure, delicate green tea from the misty hills of the Mao Feng region. Prompting hints of peach, apricot and fresh summer days when drinking

About Teapigs View company

Drank my two teabags of this at work today. It’s been a busy and fustrating day pretty much in equal measure, so I didn’t get chance to drink a lot. I’m trying to change that — I don’t do myself any favours by becoming dehydrated and headachey — but it all went out of the window with my plans today. Still, I managed two cups of this, so things could be worse. It’s a fairly pleasant green, smooth and very grassy. It’s not the tea I remember from the first time I tried it, but it’s pretty good all the same. Easy to drink, refreshing, and fuss-free because it’s bagged. Just the thing today.

Fresh! Summery. Green sweet but a little grassy, too…not bad! Would have again!

The last tea from my Tea Pig tasting session today. This was a lovely golden colour when brewed and smelled very fresh.
It was a nice green tea but was rather bitter after a while and it just got stronger and stronger, perhaps next time I shall do a faster steeping to see if that fixes the problem.
Overall it’s an average green tea, perfect for every day use but not for those special moments. This tea just isn’t for me.

TeaBrat

Have you tried steeping it at a lower temperature? I usually do mine at 170 – 180 F which cuts down on the bitterness.

KittyLovesTea

When I do my other green tea’s I always use warm water instead of boiling but my husband made this one so I didn’t have a choice lol. You are right though it may help to reduce the bitterness, I will try it tomorrow. I just checked the Tea Pigs website as well and they said to use boiling water :/

Very drinkable. It lacks the depth of some other green teas but is perfect for everyday drinking.

As with many green teas, can be bitter and a little dry, however with a few cups, can be praised over for its light taste and refreshing, earthy scent. Good for a quick wake-up, (leaves have good character too and are fun to watch unfurling).

My favourite green tea by far!