Falling Water

Flowering White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy
175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more

• “I brewed this for more like 9 minutes because I was enjoying watching it expand too much. It’s quite pretty. The taste is very sweet and delicately jasmine. It is a very mild tea that didn’t...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I had this tea a few days ago. My husband got me a Daydream glass pot from tea posy and got the flower teas too, even though I don't usually like florals. I was curious to see a blooming tea in...” Read full tasting note
    Flightysprite 485 tasting notes

From Teaposy

Contains: Calendula + Jasmine
Silver needle white tea scented with fresh jasmine

• Light to medium-bodied, very light yellowish hue
  • Smooth taste reminiscent of butter and hazelnuts
  • Full of texture and sweetness like soft wildflower honey
  • Unique and fresh, with the aroma of jasmine

Bloom your Tea:
1. Gently place 1 teaposy in glass teapot
2. Fill with boiling water
3. Patience…perhaps 3-6 minutes to bloom
4. Smile as your tea reaches your desired strength

About Teaposy View company

I brewed this for more like 9 minutes because I was enjoying watching it expand too much. It’s quite pretty. The taste is very sweet and delicately jasmine. It is a very mild tea that didn’t seem to be hurt by the fairly excessive brew time. I can’t say for sure that I would use any blooming tea as a normal, daily-type tea but if I ever wanted to serve tea at a special occasion, I think this one would be a great one to use – attractive and tasty.

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more
Erin

That looks gorgeous! By any chance, do you have Samovar’s glass oolong teapot (the really tiny one)? I’m interested in trying a blooming tea, but the only glass teapot I have is the tiny one (or at least I will have it once it is shipped to me!).

Auggy

It really was quite nifty! The colors weren’t quite as vibrant as in the picture but still pretty. Right now I have a Teaposy 22oz glass teapot. The teaball was a little over 7g so I filled the pot a little more than half way. I’m not sure if a 4oz pot would be big enough – but I’m totally guessing. It can never hurt to try!

Erin

Yeek. I don’t want to waste a potentially beautiful bloom. I can always use my Jumbo cup from Adagio – it holds 12 oz. Thanks for the input!

I had this tea a few days ago. My husband got me a Daydream glass pot from tea posy and got the flower teas too, even though I don’t usually like florals. I was curious to see a blooming tea in action anyway, so I brewed one. It really is quite neat. It smells strong like a bouquet of flowers (I didn’t recognize jasmine alone, just a general floral shop smell). However, the taste wasn’t bad at all. I actually enjoyed it. I want to say that I’ve completely changed my mind about floral flavors, having begun my tea journey with a strong dislike even for green oolongs (which I now love), but sometimes I get a flower in a cup that really is too much or just the wrong flower, I don’t know.