Chocolate Orange

Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “Not bad! Got this in my box from *LiberTeas*, and figured that I had enough of it to give it a shot in the travel mug and still have enough left over to try normally. Although unlike some other...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “I received this tea as a Christmas gift from a long-time online friend who lives in Florida. It is labeled as an "herbal tea" which I suspect is merely a printing error, because this is most...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4641 tasting notes

From Teapots & Treasures

Product description not available yet.

About Teapots & Treasures View company

Not bad! Got this in my box from LiberTeas, and figured that I had enough of it to give it a shot in the travel mug and still have enough left over to try normally.

Although unlike some other chocolate orange teas, this one doesn’t really smell like a Terry’s Chocolate Orange, it really wasn’t bad! A bit astringent even with a short infusion (I think I’d drop it another 30s next time), but I can taste the orange, and a kind of chocolate creaminess. One bonus is the total lack of fishy pu’erh flavour, though!!

Thanks, LiberTeas!

whatshesaid

Have you tried Davidstea Chocolate Orange? Just curious :)

Kittenna

Yep! That was where the fish pu’erh comment came from, haha. Loved the flavouring, but not so keen on the base.

whatshesaid

Yeah, if not for the fact that the chocolate and orange kind of hides the pu’erh taste I probably wouldn’t be a fan! I found their Creme de Menthe worse because it wasn’t hidden at all. I will have to seek out a good pu’erh sometime! Any recommendations? I’ve only ever had Davidstea’s!

Kittenna

I found Creme de Menthe to be better, hahaha. I think it depends highly on the batches, sometimes. In terms of pu’erhs, Verdant is usually a good source for them, and I’ve heard good things about Mandala. I’d recommend a sheng over a shu pu’erh to start, but I’m really just a newbie myself too :)

I received this tea as a Christmas gift from a long-time online friend who lives in Florida. It is labeled as an “herbal tea” which I suspect is merely a printing error, because this is most definitely a black tea.

The aroma is very nice – smells strongly of orange with chocolate in the background. The flavor is also very pleasant, reminds me a bit of the chocolate covered orange confections that are very popular around Christmastime. Sweet and delicious. I’d be happier if there were more chocolate in the blend, but then, is there ever a time when I don’t want more chocolate?