hazelnut brain brew

Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

From Teapots & Treasures

Yerba mate, roasted mate, dark chocolate, rooibos, hazelnuts, orange peels, vanilla and apples.

About Teapots & Treasures View company

I recently vacationed in Indy and happened upon this place. You can see my review of it under places. This was what I choose to buy with just a tiny, trying not to be rude and sniff all the bags that will eventually be sold to other people, smell.

I love mates. I love their taste and I love how they seem to calm my migraines. We’ve got a heat wave moving through that’s hell bent on destroying my head so I grabbed this one this morning hoping it would help.

It’s possible my taste buds are messed up from the migraine, sometimes that happens, but there’s just something off here for me. Some flavor that doesn’t sit well with the blend and ruins it for me.

I’ll likely be posting this up for swap shortly and just stick to the tiramisu mate I got at another Indy tea joint. Ick.

Thanks to LefTea for a sample of this brain brew!

BRAAAAINNNSSS is the first thing I thought of when I saw this tea. Mmmmmm! You’d think theres walnuts in it, it kinda looks like brains?

DRY: subtly sweet and nutty. Appears to be mostly mate leaves with a scattered twigs of rooibos.

STEEPED: light brown. robust smell and mate.

TASTE: Bright green mate with a little bitterness coming out, slightly nutty and roasted taste. No chocolate flavor.

WHO’D LIKE THIS: straight up mate drinkers.

COMMENTS: Hmmm. I’m thinking this is more of a yerba mate tea than a flavored one. I find the potentially delicious extras (chocolate, vanilla, hazelnuts, apples) aren’t really present, I see the odd apple and chocolate piece in the dry leaves.

Overall, okay tasting mate, but no fun magic present. Or brains.
(apparently the brain thing is the brand, checking the website it’s a whole line of brain tea quoting health benefits of mate).

Hesper June

So, you are saying this tea would be a disappointment to Zombies then? ;)