Ever Spring 2014

Oolong Tea Leaves
Cream, Gardenias, Honey, Sweet, Butter, Grass, Peas
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by ZachMangan

• “It's rare that I take a sip of tea and go MMM! This is delicious. I balked at the 90 second steep time but it's really perfect. ” Read full tasting note
    smaksimo 41 tasting notes
  • “I got this one in my Steepster Select box for May. I'm bad this is the second box I've received but the first one of the samples I've gotten around to. When I opened the packet the smell was soo...” Read full tasting note
    flyawaybirdie 80 tasting notes
  • “A beautifully delicate tea with a surpassing account of complexity despite the lightness of flavors. The first brew reminded me of buttered peas: fresh and green but with a touch of sweetness and a...” Read full tasting note
    tooch 30 tasting notes
  • “Origin: Nantou, Taiwan Dry Leaf: Ever Spring is right!!! Very fragrant little forest green pellets with lovely gardenia scent. Method: 10 ounce ceramic Gong Fu pot Wet Leaf: Dark forest/moss...” Read full tasting note
    Lee 214 tasting notes

From Tearroir

Ever Spring 2014 from Tearroir
Nantou, Taiwan
Made of 100% Si Ju Chan Varietal, Tearroir’s Ever Spring oolong brews up a beautiful, golden liquor, a scent of fruit and flowers, and a delicate soft finish. This just harvested oolong comes directly from the farm and is one of the season’s best.

About Tearroir View company

It’s rare that I take a sip of tea and go MMM! This is delicious. I balked at the 90 second steep time but it’s really perfect.

I got this one in my Steepster Select box for May. I’m bad this is the second box I’ve received but the first one of the samples I’ve gotten around to.

When I opened the packet the smell was soo beautiful and intoxicating. Floral in a vaguely perfumey sort of way, sweet, and an underlying green oolong smell. I was already salivating. The dry leaves are tight small curls.

A little bit of a rinse and then I brewed according to the printed directions, maybe a bit longer even because my timer didn’t go off. The brewed leaves are small in size and the color of stewed greens. The leaves are no more than 2 cm from tip to stem and completely unfurled in the first steep. It smells like savory greens when first brewed. At this point I wasn’t as excited about it. I brewed in a medium sized white porcelain teapot.

It has a full mouth feel, but not creamy. Cooler, the liquor is still quite fresh green tasting for an oolong. I’ve never had the chance to try first flush teas before so this is a nice treat. The flavor is light and only the the tiniest bit drying. It’s slightly sweet on the finish but only subtly.

The package says 5 resteeps. WOW. I don’t know if I’ll get through that maybe. But I think my teapot also considerably more than 7oz. We’ll see how it goes.

A beautifully delicate tea with a surpassing account of complexity despite the lightness of flavors. The first brew reminded me of buttered peas: fresh and green but with a touch of sweetness and a creamy texture. The grassy notes in the aroma did not join the flavors until the second steeping, which I think I may have done at too high a temperature by accident because the sweetness retreated a bit. With each brewing the tea develops a darker color and slightly more stringent flavor, but I am finding the development enjoyable. 8/10, edited to drink again. I am glad that I was caught up with my Select boxes so that I can enjoy this month’s teas while they are still as fresh as possible!

Origin: Nantou, Taiwan
Method: 10 ounce ceramic Gong Fu pot
Wet Leaf: Dark forest/moss green color,,, they are medium size, two leaves on stem and Lots of the leaves seem to be cut on a bias/slant over the top which is very interesting!!!!!!! The precisely cut tops are also included in the mix as are some smaller leaves that are very tender and young but not buds. It is a mixture but all the same color.
Liquor: clear
Flavor: Wow!!!! Very thick mouthfeel!!!! Light flavors of gardenia and cream. Delicious!!!

The tea maker has really worked hard on this tea and the results are really yummy!! Second steeping was also very good. The leaves were fully opened up then and absolutely no astringency, bitterness, or stomach upset either. Fantastic floral Oolong!!!!!!!!

From the Steepster Select Box; May, 2014

Flavors: Cream, Gardenias

This tea is light and sweet and creamy. A nice afternoon treat!

Flavors: Cream, Honey, Sweet

Very nice, reminds me of the teas I drink when I go to the New World Mall in Flushing with proprietor Susan. She knows I like my green oolongs so she brings out the best and this is right up there with the Lishans I’ve tasted.

Flavors: Butter, Grass, Peas

195 °F / 90 °C 1 min, 15 sec 8 g 5 OZ / 160 ML
mrmopar

Been a while good to see ya on here!

BigDaddy

Thanks bought a home, been busy, drinking up all the cupboard.

mrmopar

+1 for the Home! When ya build a pumidor for it I want to see pics! :-)

I found this tea very smooth and pleasent to drink. The first cup as as good as the last.