Real Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

1 Tasting Note View all

From Teas & Botanicals

The most popular black tea sold in United States. China Black tea scented with pure Italian bergamot oil. Known as the Copenhagen blend as it was purchased originally from Denmark in the 1960’s. It brews a medium bodied cup with fruity dry citrus aromatics.

Instructions: Steep 1-2 tsps. into a cup of boiled water for 5-7 minutes.

Ingredients: Black Tea, Oil of Bergamot..

About Teas & Botanicals View company

1 Tasting Note

Not only am I surprised I am the first one to log this tea from this company BUT I’m surprised I am the first to log anything from this company at all! And boy-oh-boy I have a few different ones to share with you! So stay tuned!

So – how does this EG differ from others I have already logged? Well…dry – this smells like a mellow to medium strength stereo-typical Earl but with a slight spearminty type hint underneath.

After infusing – it tasted like a medium strength black tea base with those obvious bergamot/EG type flavors but also a surprising hint of something else…something like a spearminty type bubblegum type hint…near the aroma hinted above but with the additional of original Bubble-Yum, almost. It’s very interesting, actually…the bergamot and EG flavors are NOT loud but overall this is a mighty fine tasting black tea that I am enjoying VERY much! If you are looking for that funky-screaming EG – this might not be it but if you are looking for an Earl that will make you think and isn’t loaded with artificial flavors you will appreciate this one like I have.

I do like this! Thumbs up!