Jun Shan

Yellow Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “This is my last cup of this sample. So sad! Fortunately, it was a great cup to end on. In fact, I'm giving the rating a bump upwards just a tad because it is just so good. It's got some faint...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes

From Teas Etc

A precious yellow tea originating from the Chinese Hunan Province, Jun Shan Island is also known as the Island of Immortals.

The subtle taste of this Jun Shan is sweet and smooth, the leaf a beautiful green shiny hue.

Jun Shan Yellow Tea Tea Type: White Tea

Ingredients: Chinese yellow tea (jun shan)

Origin of Jun Shan Yellow Tea : Hunan, China

About Teas Etc View company

Direct trade quality loose leaf tea for more than a decade. World Tea Championship winners in 2008 & 2009. USDA Certified Organic. Based in US with buying office in China.

This is my last cup of this sample. So sad! Fortunately, it was a great cup to end on. In fact, I’m giving the rating a bump upwards just a tad because it is just so good.

It’s got some faint notes of a Chinese green – a little grassy, a little mineral/salty, a little sweet – and and some stronger notes of a good Silver Needle (I’m thinking specifically of Chicago Tea Garden’s SN which I had recently) with honey and nectar and bit of vegetal depth.

My little cup went very quickly and pretty much guaranteed that, when I next order from Teas Etc, I will be getting some of this tea.
2.4g/5oz

sophistre

So glad you liked it! I really ought to revisit this one sometime, I think.

Auggy

I really do like it a lot! All the things I like in a Chinese green and a white, none of the stuff I don’t. So tasty!