Bai Hao Silver Needle

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Teas Etc

The highest quality white silver needle (yinzhen), this exceptional USDA Certified Organic Bai Hao is remarkable.

A scrumptious all bud white tea from the world renowned Fujian province in central China – obviously a cut above. The pure clean character and woody tone stands out with a lingering, smooth finish, and makes this tea quite memorable.

A tea that should be savored and enjoyed for all it has to offer.

Bai Hao Silver Needle Tea Type: White Tea

Ingredients: Organic Chinese white tea (bai hao silver needle)

Origin of Bai Hao Silver Needle : Fujian, China

About Teas Etc View company

Direct trade quality loose leaf tea for more than a decade. World Tea Championship winners in 2008 & 2009. USDA Certified Organic. Based in US with buying office in China.

I am not even close to being ready for Christmas, two gatherings this week, lots of cooking, and still shopping to do! We were gone for twelve hours yesterday shopping out of town. My back hurts from being hunched over all day making the remaining 62 cards out of 102 that I made for my husband to give at work. I seriously needed to relax tonight! I thought this silver needle tea sent to me so generously by ThePurrfectCup was just the thing, so I asked youngest to brew up a pot for me! I am so glad I did.

Pandora radio is serenading me with Chinese flute, the lights are out, the tree and candles are lit. Now I could fall asleep! But first I plan to enjoy this WHOLE POT of tea!

This is so smooth and soothing. One year ago I could not have appreciated something so light but now I find it a delight. The tea is naturally sweet and there is no bitterness at all, no drying of the tongue. There is a light nutty flavor hiding in there, no grassy taste, and not really buttery. Just a soft, lovely cup (or three) of tea. And I even have some leaves left for another cup or two later this week!

Thank you, C! :). You should be getting some tea from me any day now!

Steep Information:

Flavor: vegetal
Body: Light
Aftertaste: floral
Liquor: translucent green-brown

Too light to taste at 3:30, so I tossed the leaves back in for another 1:00.

Too vegetal without anything else for me, but a smooth cup of tea. Have it with some cookies or snacks.

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Blog: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2011/11/teas-etc-loose-leaf-white-tea-bai-hao.html

I love this white tea. Very light and crisp, but naturally sweet. This tea is relaxing and reminds me of a forest after a late spring frost. I can only appreciate that comparison having grown up around the woods. I love Samovar’s Osmanthus Silver Needle which gives me similar thoughts, but this white tea is lovely beyond words. Something very sweet, subtle, and even nutty about this one.

This I’s a good tasting white tea.