ginger darjeeling peach

Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

• “A review of ginger Darjeeling peach by Tease A fruity aromatic blend of brisk Ceylon and Darjeeling black tea paired with freshly hand-ground ginger, sweet dried peaches and a touch of cinnamon...” Read full tasting note
    seule771 600 tasting notes
  • “This is a rather long analytic post, skip down for the actual tea review. I've been a bit confused trying to identify this company as they seem to have some multiple personality issues, possibly...” Read full tasting note
    KenS 11 tasting notes

From Tease

A fruity aromatic blend of brisk Ceylon and Darjeeling black tea paired with freshly hand-ground ginger, sweet dried peaches and a touch of cinnamon and clove to provide additional sweetness and body. Wonderful hot, makes a delicious iced tea.

Hot
1 1/2 tsp per 8oz boiling (212 degree) water steep for 3 minutes.

Iced Tea (2 servings)
3 tsp tea, 2 cups cold water, steep for 1-3 hours in fridge, sweeten to taste. Keep refrigerated and consume within 3 days.

Natural source of antioxidants & vitamins high-grade whole leaf tea and organic ingredients.

About Tease View company

A review of ginger Darjeeling peach by Tease

Hot
1 1/2 tsp per 8oz boiling (212 degree) water steep for 3 minutes.

Iced Tea (2 servings)

A natural source of antioxidants & vitamins and high-grade whole leaf tea with organic ingredients.

This is another sample obtained from Heath’s Tea Room during my brief visit there. It is one of the two teas given to me by the proprietor, Kimberlie. I wanted Oolong tea but somehow ended up with black teas.

I took about half of what is in the tea bag/pouch and put in my teacup and poured boiling water over it and left to steep for a few minutes.

I examined the remainder of tea in the bag and could smell the cloves and as I poured out the bags content into my palm I could see the clove and I was pleasantly reminded how they look like little nails and very piquant. I am seeing the cut up ginger and very tiny bits of the peach.

With these spices present I am thinking this is a lovely tea to have on a cold day; an early morning brew or anytime of day needing a cup of spice tea (with not apple or pumpkin) but peach instead.

In removing the cover from tea I can discern tea’s color to be dark amber. It is not red, but very dark. I then pour the tea into another cup with a strainer to further examine tea. The tea’s liquor is a lovely mixture of the spices to be found in the cup; clove, ginger, peach and the fleeting cinnamon.

The taste of tea is smooth and very sweet and not at all astringent. Tea has a nice kick to it with the cloves layering evenly with the ginger.

Overall, this is a good cup of tea. It is a full bodied tea with a lovely spice fragrance and this tea would do well with a touch of milk and served very hot for sheerest of enjoyment to delight in the decadence that is to be found within this cup of Darjeeling tea.
Thank you for letting me experience this tea; the folks at Heath’s Tea Room of Rockport, ME.

This is a rather long analytic post, skip down for the actual tea review. I’ve been a bit confused trying to identify this company as they seem to have some multiple personality issues, possibly due to private labeling?

This and the Coconut Truffle by Tea Guys (www.teaguys.com) was my very first foray into gourmet loose leaf teas after my first broad order from Twinings of 8 different varieties of bagged teas which I was very happy with.

I had been looking at all the major brands of loose leaf (before I found this wonderful community) and became somewhat perplexed with the pricing structure in moving from the 20 bags per box at $2.99 a box to the huge variation in pricing loose leaf. Understanding the yield per ounce vs bag was my next challenge.

So being the Excel geek that I am, I started a spreadsheet plugging in the selling price at however many ounces then dividing down to get a per ounce price from them all and found the going rate to be around $3-$4 per ounce. Then reading around I gathered there are about 8-10 teaspoons per ounce (with usually 2-3 steepings per teaspoon).

Using this formula (9 teaspoons per ounce and 2 steeps per teaspoon)
I arrived at about $0.075 a cup for my Twinings bags of 20 at $2.99 a box.
For most of the other teas at $3/oz a cup worked out to $0.167

Which brings me (finally, sorry!) to The Tea Guys and their Tease brand which at $9.95 for a 6oz bag ($1.67/oz) works out to $0.093 per cup. So this is what prompted me to order my first loose leaf from them and I have been so happy with it!

THE TEA
The 6oz tea comes in an easy to open ziplock foil pouch for resealing and as soon as I opened it I was OVERWHELMED with the aroma. The fruitiness was stronger than a really strong potpourri and I was a little afraid it might be too much until I brewed my first 24oz pot. It was rich and aromatic with the peach being pretty strong but not nearly as overwhelming as the first whiff seemed. There is a spicy undertone from the ginger and the Darjeeling interweaves with the other flavors.

I love it with cream, sweetener, and a touch of honey. The only drawback is there is a lot of debris so use a fine mesh filter. I get a nearly as strong 2nd steeping in my 24oz pot from one heaping teaspoon.