Wild Orange Pu'er

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “Backlog: I liked this. I enjoy how the tangerine peel imparts a hint of citrus into the tea without overwhelming it. I still get the deep, mellow flavor of the pu'erh with mild notes of...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “Method: 1.5 tsp, 8 oz, 205 degrees, 1.5 min, Forlife brew in mug strainer Dry Leaf Aroma: mildly earthy Brewing Aroma: mushrooms and cinnamon Flavor: mushrooms and dirt, with a hint of citrus...” Read full tasting note
    Sarsonator 194 tasting notes

From teasenz

Smooth and fruity with an aroma of fresh oranges. A beautiful tea for the adventurous tea drinker. Pu erh leaves are aged in a hollowed-out wild orange, resulting in this masterpiece among teas. Simply a must-have for any pu erh tea collector.

About teasenz View company

Backlog:

I liked this. I enjoy how the tangerine peel imparts a hint of citrus into the tea without overwhelming it. I still get the deep, mellow flavor of the pu’erh with mild notes of citrus. A nice balance of bright, sunny orange-y notes with the earthiness of a pu-erh.

It’s a mellow tea with notes of caramel, sweet and smooth. Not a briny or fishy tasting tea. The tangerine is a lighter note than that of the tea, it’s just enough to add a touch of brightness to the cup.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/10/06/wild-orange-puer-tea-teasenz/

Method: 1.5 tsp, 8 oz, 205 degrees, 1.5 min, Forlife brew in mug strainer

Dry Leaf Aroma: mildly earthy

Brewing Aroma: mushrooms and cinnamon

Flavor: mushrooms and dirt, with a hint of citrus so subdued, you repeatedly ask yourself if it’s really there. The mushrooms and dirt are also mild, but contrary to what you’d think, the tea is good. I’m not ready to trade in all my oolongs and profess my love for pu’erhs, but I thought this was a fun tea.

TheTeaFairy

Trade ALL your oolong…What a sad thought.

Sarsonator

Never! I love them all dearly. I’m not sure if I could love any other teas as much. :)

TheTeaFairy

…Try drinking lots of mandala pu’erh for a while ;-)

boychik

That is what I thought until I tried the good one. I’m completely obsessed. You should try Mandala with their 50% off offerings

MzPriss

+1 for Mandala the sale is way too good to pass up – but it might have tipped me over the edge into a for real tea hoarding problem.

Sarsonator

Oh tea peeps, come on now. Ya’ll know I can’t resist a sale! I ordered some pu’er from Mandala DAYS ago. :p

I got the Temple Stairs b/c of The Tea Fairy’s lovely review, and I also ended up getting the Special Dark because of you, MzPriss.

So I hope you’re all happy with yourselves! LOL