Alishan Milky Oolong Tea

Butter, Cream, Floral, Milk
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Daniel Robles P

From teasenz

Intense creamy taste with floral undertone. A one-of-a-kind tea from Taiwan with a fantastically creamy flavor resulting from its unique terroir. Our Ali Shan Milky Oolong offers you great depth of flavor that lasts into even the fifth brew.

About teasenz View company

The dry leaf of this smells amazing. This is my first experience with a milk oolong, and it’s smells sweet and creamy and almost buttery.

Steeped up, the aroma is so creamy and milky. The mouth feel of this is buttery and the tea seems to almost coat the inside of my mouth. The taste is a bit more mellow than the smell, but still have sweet and creamy. There’s also a bit of a floral note present. The second steep features a sweet buttery flavor in addition to the mouthfeel.

The third is much like the second, but brings back the floral notes a bit stronger. The forth steep the buttery and creamy notes has faded quite a bit, taking the background to the floral.

I know this is a flavored oolong, but it’s delicious.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Floral, Milk

205 °F / 96 °C 1 min, 15 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve recently decided I needed to have more oolongs, so I had to try this one. It has a creamy and slightly floral scent. The milk (creaminess) comes out more in the flavour, along with floral/ vegetal notes. Having it a bit cold is nice too.

Flavors: Floral, Milk

It’s not milky, but it is excellent.

Method: 1.5 tsp in 8 oz at 200 degrees, 3 min, French Press

Dry Leaf Aroma: Sweet fruits, melon

Brewing Aroma: Same

Flavor: I don’t taste any of the usual milk flavors, and this doesn’t seem especially creamy to me. That being said, I think it’s an excellent tea. It’s sweet on its own, and the fruity flavors are really amazing. I usually pick up many florals in an oolong, but not as many fruits. This tasted kind of melony, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on the exact fruit. Either way, I really enjoyed it!

This is my first Milk Oolong and I find it amazing, very nice taste even after six infusions. Very good rythm and endurance.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 30 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 90 ML