Red Dragon Pearls

Yunnan Black Tea
Dark Chocolate
High
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

3 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I'm the first to write a tasting note for this lovely tea?! Another sample from Teasenz. How I love pearls and here are some really delicious pearls. I've tried a few, and these are really nice....” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1387 tasting notes

From teasenz

An unusual black tea hand-rolled into “pearls” in southern Yunnan, China. This fantastically bold brew offers up all the flavors of a crisp autumn day with just one pearl. Malty, nuanced, and tannic, it also offers complex flavors of fallen leaves, cocoa, and spiced, stewed apples that set it apart from other black teas. Floral aromas and a clean, sweet finish round out this singular infusion.

Where is Red Dragon Pearl Tea originated from?
red Dragon Pearls are originated from Yunnan, a Southern Chinese province bordering Vietnam. It’s believed to be the birthplace of tea, and the oldest wild growing tea tree (never pruned to be bush height) is about 1,700 years old. Yunnan’s most senior cultivated tree is a relative youngster – a mere 800 years old. These are the large leafed tea varieties – Camellia sinensis assamica – which is also found in India. Yunnan also has the distinction of producing more black tea than any other part of China, although it’s a relative newcomer to this variety. Black tea was first produced here in 1939, and is distinguished by its unique peppery, earthy and sometimes cocoay flavor.

How to Steep Red Dragon Pearls Tea?
Steep Red Dragon Pearls tea in 95 C° hot water for 3-5 minutes.

About teasenz View company

1 Tasting Note

I’m the first to write a tasting note for this lovely tea?! Another sample from Teasenz. How I love pearls and here are some really delicious pearls. I’ve tried a few, and these are really nice. I went with five of these larger pearls in a 12 ounce mug, black and gold leaves wrapped tightly. These are called “red” but Teasenz is from China and China likes to call their black teas red. This is Yunnan tea which is one of my favorite types of black tea. I went with a short rinse with boiled water then steeped for two minutes. The color of the cup is actually a luscious red. The flavor is deep dark chocolate, with hints of maple or brown sugar. Perfect level of depth and briskness. The second steep was very nice too, as the leaves were completely unraveled, maybe just not as chocolate as the first cup. The cup actually looked like some milk chocolate had been melted in the mug. Very delicious – one of the most delicious types of teas. If these were the first pearls I tried, I would have fell in love instantly. And I’m remembering how much I love them now. I wouldn’t have any problem stocking these as the pearls in my cupboard! Many of the pearls seem like they could be from the same source, since most of them are from Yunnan, but these are some of the best I’ve tried.
Steep #1 // just boiled // rinse // 2 min