Sencha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Rob Yaple

• “_"The first cup is strong like love, the second bitter as life, and the third sweet like death."_ I always think of this quote when I drink a good Japanese green tea. Many Japanese teas...” Read full tasting note
    robbob14 51 tasting notes

From TeaSmith

“Trademark Japanese Green: grassy bitter/sweet”

About TeaSmith View company

“The first cup is strong like love, the second bitter as life, and the third sweet like death.”

I always think of this quote when I drink a good Japanese green tea. Many Japanese teas follow this flavor transformation rather closely which can be surprising the first couple of times you make these teas if you are only used to black or oolong.

Depending on my mood, I go back and forth on my “favorite” infusion of this tea. Right now, I am totally going with the strong/bitter grassy flavor of the second, but the sweet and delicate third infusion is excellent as a summertime tea… which hopefully will be needed soon.

I just had a flash of brilliance(?): “50 Days of Sencha” starting in early June or something, drinking a different Sencha every day for 50 days. EPIC!