Monk's Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by memoriam

From TeaSource

This delightful black tea blend suggests a much-loved flower garden. It is aromatic, slightly sweet, and very pleasing. Contains black tea, mallow flowers, rose flowers, and natural cherry flavor. It is also great iced.

About TeaSource View company

I need to learn to start taking tea-blenders at their word; this really does, no kidding, no fooling, taste like DiSarrono amaretto. The flavor balance is perfect, and the black tea base is very bitter, giving it an almost alcoholic bite.

Of course, this also means that it is way too sweet for common consumption (at least for me), but it’s a fun curiosity, and a great example of what a well thought out blend can accomplish.

This is a confusing blend for me, because it smells amazing both dry and when it’s steeped. Small sips produce an average taste with confusing notes. Anything larger is bitter and makes my tongue hurt on contact. I didn’t know I could get depressed drinking black tea, but apparently you can when you don’t like it.