Strawberry Oolong

Oolong Tea
Cream, Floral, Strawberry, Green, Rhubarb, Autumn Leaf Pile, Grass, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From TeaSource

This is a wonderfully sweet, smooth, and fruity oolong tea. It is a semi-curled oolong tea from Fujian province of China that steeps up light to medium-bodied, silky, sweet, with the aroma and taste of fresh strawberries wrapping around you with every sip. This oolong tea is INCREDIBLE iced.

About TeaSource View company

Brewed a pot specifically for iced tea. Used 12g of tea in about 650ml of boiling water for 30 minutes or so. Sampled the hot tea right after brewing and it was strong but very drinkable. Diluted the brew to make about 2400-2500ml of finished tea. I was worried about it being too watered down but it was not. It has a nice strawberry cream and floral flavor along with a natural sweetness and a very slight bitterness which I think creates a perfect balance. This tea is great if your looking for a nice, fruity, cold beverage. If you’re looking for a high quality tea, try something else.

Flavors: Cream, Floral, Strawberry

HGTTB

I am not an oolong lover but I love strawberry so I was left conflicted over whether or not to try this. Clearly strawberry love won out as I am trying it now. I must say, hot, it was 100% oolong flavor which may be appealing to some but not to me. Consequently I let this cool and now it is a nice creamy cup of strawberry goodness. I read the description too late to see that they recommend this iced which I can certainly see why as the cool cup is a great balance between to two flavors.

The small nuggets seem like a regular Jade Oolong. I opened the bag and it smelled very artificial, almost like cough syrup. I brewed western in my tea press. The leaves had a very nice expansion and all were mostly intact. They didn’t smell all that pleasant though. I could only describe it as cherry lipgloss on soggy cigarettes. The brew was a thick bright gold. the aroma was of red Gushers, which was kinda amusing. The flavor was very faint. It was mostly like drinking a regular Jade with a slight hint of neapolitan ice cream. I really am not one for flavored teas, but I tried it and its nothing special. It isn’t horrible either.

Flavors: Green, Rhubarb, Strawberry

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 15 sec 6 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

Don’t smell the wet leaves unless you like the smell of cigarettes. Yuck. Luckily the dry leaves smell good. Maybe I’m imagining it but I thought it smelled like a strawberry rollup. Light amber color. Flavor of strawberry, some floral accents and not a whole lot of oolong flavor. This is a hard flavor to mix into tea. My first steep was hot at 3 mins. Second steep cold still not getting much oolong flavor.

1 tsp

Cooking TTB #12

This was so cool because the flavor of this tea changed like three times just within one sip. It smells distinctly of strawberry and tastes quite fruit as it hits your tongue…but, then it goes straight oolong while it hangs out on your tongue..and then, oh joy!, the strawberry sweetness is there in a different way as you breathe in after you swallow. Lovely. I enjoyed this for sure. I’ll be keeping some more cup’s worth of this!

Flavors: Strawberry

Teeny Tiny TTB Round 2

When I saw this in the box, I wondered how similar it was to TeaVivre’s version and decided to try it so I could compare. Visually, it looks the same, just a plain green rolled oolong with small to medium pellets. Dry scent was very slightly strawberry, but I don’t expect anything to have much of a scent with the number of teas in this box.

The steeped tea smells like vegetal, slightly floral oolong and strawberry candy. Hm, this has very little strawberry flavor. I only get a small hint of fresh strawberry at the end of the sip. Most of it is just generic, slightly grassy green oolong. Luckily it’s not floral.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Grass, Strawberry, Sweet

I tried this one hot today and wasn’t a huge fan. The flavor was pleasant, but rather bland…and it was a lot more oolong than strawberry! The company suggests drinking it as an iced tea, so I will try that next time to see if I like it better.

Flavors: Floral, Strawberry

I am a big oolong fan, and love it when I can find a flavored oolong that I love. This tea falls into that catergory. This is a great strawberry flavored tea. Not artificial tasting, which is fantastic. I love how the earthy taste compliments the sweet strawberry taste so nicely. Oolong and strawberry seem to have been made to go together, if I judge from this cup. Absolutely delicious, and obviously a favorite from now on.

On the second steep the Oolong was a bit stronger, while the strawberry was a little weaker. It was still a delicious treat, however. Yum to this one.!