Brandy Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisa (harmony_bites)

• “this is a dark oolong without the "toasty" notes usually found in dark oolongs. instead, it is sweet and smooth, tasting of honey and subtle peach, and overall tastes like black tea but without...” Read full tasting note
    mistermug 52 tasting notes
  • “This tea is on the black side of oolongs. In fact, I read that Brandy Oolongs are oxidized from 85 to 90 percent. So if Pouchongs embody the green exteme of oolongs, Brandy Oolongs are at the other...” Read full tasting note
    harmony_bites 98 tasting notes

From TeaSource

This medium to strong oolong has a phenomenal floral/stone fruit aroma. The liquor is smooth and sweet – with hints of honey. It is slightly reminiscent of the extremely rare Ruby 18.

About TeaSource View company

this is a dark oolong without the “toasty” notes usually found in dark oolongs. instead, it is sweet and smooth, tasting of honey and subtle peach, and overall tastes like black tea but without any of the dryness, bite, or astringency that a black tea usually has. a really really nice tea, and a good value. it seems like it should cost more than it does.

This tea is on the black side of oolongs. In fact, I read that Brandy Oolongs are oxidized from 85 to 90 percent. So if Pouchongs embody the green exteme of oolongs, Brandy Oolongs are at the other end. Personally, I loved the tea, and would rate it at the high end taking only my own tastes into account. But I share these teas (and the expense) with my aunt, and she didn’t like this one at all. The label and description on the site says this tea has a “phenomenal floral/stone fruit aroma.” My aunt doesn’t like flavored teas. I could swear I tasted peach in this. It definitely had a floral/fruity quality more pronounced than in an unflavored tea I’ve tried. Which is a lot of what I did like—and I suspect precisely what my aunt did. So, since I try to rate these to help me decide which teas to purchase again, I’m docking this so it’s just out of that high rated range. But personally, I thought it a winner.