Nine Glorious Mountains

Green Tea Leaves
Citrus, Tea, Vegetal
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisa (harmony_bites)

From TeaSource

These large twisted downy leaves have a spring-time garden scent. The steeped liquor is sweet, smooth, with a slight citrus/spice tang, and a silky lingering texture to the aftertaste. This exceptional green tea is handmade in Quingyang county, Anhui province, China.

About TeaSource View company

A sweet, very slightly citrusy, unchallenging tea. I get 3 good steeps out of it before the flavor starts to fall off sharply.

I think this would be a good tea to introduce someone gently to green teas.

Flavors: Citrus, Tea, Vegetal

Please keep things friendly and .

I agree that this tea does not match the description from TeaSource. I wonder if this could be a newer batch and they didn’t update they’re tasting notes. For this tasting I brewed the tea using a gongfu style. I used 6g of leaves and 120ml of 165 degree water. Steeping times increased from 30 to 120 seconds over 5 steeps. The first showed corn, grass and butter on the nose and palate. The second and third were similar with the addition of a burnt rubber component all the way through. By the fourth steep the burnt rubber is quite prominent and there is a substantial astringency and bitterness. I shouldn’t have even bothered with the fifth. Every cup had the same basic pale straw color and cloudiness. The first three steeps were quite nice but I think using more tea leaves and/or keeping the steeping time low throughout would allow this tea to be stretched a little further.

Please keep things friendly and .

I’d agree with the description of TeaSource’s site that it’s “sweet, smooth” although I don’t detect the citrusy or spicy note. In fact, my major complaint with the green teas I ordered this time (their House Green and Double Yunnan Needle as well as this one) is that they don’t seem to me to have much personality. In that sense any of the three might make good introductions to green tea—they’re not too grassy, they’re drinkable, and they’re … inoffensive. But none impressed or would have me ordering them again. I like this one slightly more than the other two, but not as much as several other green teas I’ve tried from TeaSource.