Mang Zhi 2011 Autumn sheng

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by SWApilot

2 Images

• “Another excellent Sheng from Eugene and Belle at Tea Urchin. I have to agree with Stephanie and DP's review on tea Urchin. The soup is a very nice golden color. The first few steepings produced...” Read full tasting note
    swapilot 104 tasting notes
  • “Another one from the group *TeaUrchin* order. I have been drinking the same leaves all day, but didn't have time at work to take detailed notes on each steep. The steeps did get progressively...” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 989 tasting notes

From Teaurchin

Hand picked from ancient tea trees in Mang Zhi’s Imperial Tea Garden and Red Soil Hill, hand processed into maocha by Master Yang, stone pressed in Yiwu, and wrapped in paper hand made by the Dai tribe. Only 84 cakes produced.

About Teaurchin View company

Another excellent Sheng from Eugene and Belle at Tea Urchin. I have to agree with Stephanie and DP’s review on tea Urchin. The soup is a very nice golden color. The first few steepings produced a very nice vegetal taste with just a hint of kuwei and astringency, and I do mean a hint. Later steepings transitioned to a much sweeter taste with a nice honey undertone. To keep the tea as strong as I like it I did have to increase my steeping times on the later steeps. Over all, an excellent Sheng that is well worth the money. Well done Tea Urchin!

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 5 OZ / 147 ML

Another one from the group TeaUrchin order.

I have been drinking the same leaves all day, but didn’t have time at work to take detailed notes on each steep. The steeps did get progressively sweeter and more honey-like. There is some slight tongue tingle, but not much. A little tiny bit of woodiness, with some crisp vegetal flavors. When I did a long steep I got a pleasant, light sort of bitterness. I’m excited to explore this one further :)

MzPriss

I don’t know how I missed the Tea Urchin order – I quit seeing messages :(

Terri HarpLady

I still haven’t tried anything from tea urchin yet.

mrmopar

Yum Yum!!

Cameron B.

Your tea photography poster is being featured by Butiki on Facebook! :D Congrats!

Stephanie

Stacy from Butiki teas is so awesome!

Cameron B.

Hah. I clicked the link and saw the evil ducky! :P I really love your fox print!

Stephanie