Youthberry

White Tea
Fruity, Mango, Pineapple, Black Currant, Orange Zest, Raspberry, Berry, Rose, Apple, Berries, Dried Fruit, Floral, Hibiscus, Rosehips
Edit tea info Last updated by Dan Horn

• “Departing from my day of only drinking things I’ve already opened to try this. I’m so confused, though. There are two Youthberry entries for what looks like the same thing...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “This tea smells absolutely incredible! Unfortunately, whenever I’ve made it it comes out fairly bland and weak. Maybe I’ll make some pot-pourri with it.” Read full tasting note
    Helen11 19 tasting notes
  • “i really enjoy this tea. its, for me, the poster child of a flavoured white tea. Its fuity and light but contains a natural sweetness that only amps the taste of the actual tea leaves. As every...” Read full tasting note
    teaThomas 9 tasting notes
  • “although I had a cold sample in the store, when hot tasted a little bit fragant, love that’s white tea based, sweetened with a dash of honey. It’s tasty & yummy having it cold,...” Read full tasting note
    val 46 tasting notes

From Teavana

Realize the legend of the Fountain of Youth with this ripe berry from the South American Acai Palm. In this tea blend, the acai berry is finely ground and carefully sifted into white tea tips and tropical fruit pieces to release a flood of vitamins and youthful energy in each enticing cup.

About Teavana View company

Fruit explosion is what I thought when I first smelt this tea in the store. I was so smitten that I bought much more than I anticipated (think cash register shock), but it smells so good. I store it in an airtight can from an old white tea, and when I do open the container my nose is in heaven. The pineapple + mango aromas are STRONG in the dry tea.

Once I pour in water though, the aromas are muted down, and as its brewing, I can smell more of the berries in the blend. Ripe berries come to mind.

The liquid packs a strong fruit punch to the nose, less so to the tongue. Its more of a candied / overripe fruit note rather than fresh fruit note.

It brews as a dark pink liquid, so not everyone’s cup of tea (ha!), some may prefer to ‘hide’ this in a ceramic mug instead.

Flavors: Black Currant, Mango, Orange Zest, Pineapple, Raspberry

Anlina

They always have samples of this blended with Wild Orange Blossom and sugar in store. I always sample it and I always love it, but I’m so leery of buying white fruit blends from Teavana, since the few that I have tried have been a total flop for me, no matter how I tried making them. It pulls at me so much, but it’s pricey.

I wish Teavana sold smaller quantities – 50g is a bit commitment :P

leaf in hot water

i’ve read somewhere that Teavana uses A LOT more tea than their directions to make their samples so that they taste extra good…I don’t know how true this is though! but it would make sense. The sugar also helps for sure to make it taste so good :)

Yes 50g is a lot, another reason for my sticker shock as I had only bought from David’s Tea before who don’t seem to care how small of a sample I ask for :)

Teavana’s fruity teas tend to be a bit hit and miss for me, but this one is definitely a hit! It has a delightful fruity aroma and a delicious, naturally sweet flavor. To me, the pineapple note is stronger than the berry flavors, but it’s a great combination.

Flavors: Berry, Pineapple, Rose

Finally got into the stash of tea sent to me by the wonderful lady I work for, and this one is definitely a winner. The smell of the dry tea was a little off-putting because it was so strong, but once I brewed a cup, the smell was a little less intense, and the tea is delightfully delicate and has so many interesting flavors. Very tropical – for a few minutes I could pretend I was back on Kauai instead of staring down a lengthy to-do list!

Flavors: Apple, Berries, Dried Fruit, Floral, Hibiscus, Rosehips

This is very delicious tea! The aroma itself is amazing too. I just love smelling the bag of tea and the fragrance it emits in the room after brewing. Adding a 1/2 tsp of sugar really brings the flavors out even more. Will definitely stock this one in my cupboard and treat any friends that stop by.

Such a delightful light and fruity tea to drink iced all year round. Definitely one of my favorites from Teavana, but a bit too easy to burn for my liking.

2046 tasting notes

Tea #12 from Considering a new TTB

I’ve had youthberry mixed with other teas that teavana sells, but I’ve never had it on its own. Like with many of teavana’s fruity blends, it smells great in the package, but I’m not so sure I like it once it’s brewed. I thought the combination of rose and apple was interesting, but something in the blend and it’s hard to tell what ingredient exactly, left it with a tartness that bordered on bitter. It left me wanting to add sugar to this when I’m sure it already has a fair amount in it from the candied fruit. I do wonder if it would be better to cold steep this, perhaps the bitterness wouldn’t be as noticeable, but since it’s snowing today I’m not going to find out. The gorgeous 50° weather needs to come back, it got my hopes up.

As I don’t like chai, a friend got me this knowing it is one of Teavana’s most popular non-chai offerings
Dry: smells like fruit, and I like fruit.

Steeped: flavour is more subtle than I would have hoped, but adding sugar enhances it and makes it quite a lovely fruit-y drink.

2nd steep: quite similar to the first steep, steep a little longer, add some sugar and you can’t tell if it’s the first or not

3rd steep: same as 2nd.

Looking forward to: trying it iced once the weather warms up.

This was my first loose tea. I enjoyed the lightness, because previously I was not really much of a tea drinker. I don’t think I’ll get another batch unless it’s mixed with something else and probably not until Spring.

I brewed Youthberry with Wild Orange Blossom and added a little agave sweetener and it is delicious. Will definitely be back for more soon.

I tried a sample of this at the Teavana store today, and while I haven’t gotten to brew it myself yet, it was absolutely delightful as an iced tea in the store. I’ll update this when I do make it myself though.
I heard that in store they double the amount of tea and sweeteners, etc used to brew it, which is why most people are disappointed when they make it at home, so I’ll be testing that out.