Earl Grey Black

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea
Bergamot, Malt, Citrusy, Smoke, Tobacco, Jasmine, Tea, Bitter, Tart
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “For those of you keeping up with the news, we were one of the 250,000 homes in North Texas without power this weekend. It was off for nearly 36 hours, and things got pretty chilly. The thermostat...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 255 tasting notes
  • “What the – how did I not find this in my Steepster cupboard? Well, I’ve got a headcold, which means lots of fun with stuffed sinuses, blowing my nose, sneezing, knowing I should eat but...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 324 tasting notes
  • “I found some Earl Greys I hadn’t yet tried. This is one of them. I am guessing this is one of the teas of the month. I don’t have a memory of ordering it separately but I suppose I...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Oh silly me, expecting my insanely high expectations of What An Earl Grey Should Be to be met or exceeded in Sin City. This earl grey sounded promising (no flowers or weird shiz), smelled average...” Read full tasting note
    amber 221 tasting notes

From Teavana

Smooth infusion with bergamot overtones

Famously highbrow and high grown, our Earl Grey is a top-of-the-tier timeless classic. Aromatic bergamot adds a refined tart citrus taste to this dark, full-lead tea with prized tiny silver tips.

Use 1-1.5 tsp of tea per water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees (90-96 degrees Celsius) and steep for 2-3 minutes.

Ingredients: Black tea, artificial flavoring

About Teavana View company

This is an amazingly inoffensive variety of Earl Grey. It’s pretty light on the bergamot, which suits my purposes perfectly. I never drink this particular variety hot. I always make iced tea with it. It’s hearty enough to stand a little sweetening with Teavana’s German Rock Sugar. It’s also not too floral to mix with lemonade, if you’re a big Arnold Palmer fan like I am.

Not the best Earl Grey I’ve had, but it’s the best among what’s available in my local area. It’s also the cheapest thing on Teavana’s menu, making it a good daily drinker for patrons of the store. I typically use this tea as filler to get the 10% discount that Teavana offers when you buy a pound or more.

This tea makes me sad. Sad that I bought so much of it. Its hard when you only have access to tea by shopping on-line and you have to take that risk that your click of the button will be proven worthwhile.

It is an o.k. tea. A basic Earl Grey I suppose. I find something in it to be too overpowering than others I’ve tried since. It isn’t the bergamont scent either so it must be something in the tea leaves themselves. The only way I can save this is by adding quite a bit of milk and some sugar (or agave nectar).

I still brew up a pot from time to time mainly so I don’t feel wasteful and if I get the milk/sugar ratio right I can raise my interest in it from blah to well, at least it is a warm beverage.

Not a particularly great value for the price, but it does brew a fine cup of iced tea. Good balance of bergamot, too

A dark and rich flavor. I use it in blends as a base to concoct wild new flavors. It certainly does it’s job.

these replaced Tazo
After the barista got it wrong (JUST BAG MEANS LATTE APPARENTLY), I had this.

The leaves seemed like okay quality, the strength was meh.
The ****ing tag fell off and the tea bag just sat there and bobbed like a sad submarine, sitting in the harbor, waiting for orders.

The flavor was MEH. then again they added so much cream, and some odd flavour like nutmeg (then again, I had to teach a barista how to make tea. I became sad at that.), it’s hard to say what the flavor was!

caffeine wise, it is very hard to say, as the hit of pure caffeine was hidden behind some ungodly amount of cream.

I had to make a cup of Tapal Danedar at the hotel room just to make sure I was awake.

All in all, not impressed.

THERE WAS ALMOST NO BERGAMOT. I’ve had teas that cost a fraction what I paid and they tasted 100 times better.

Boiling 8 min or more

I tried this as a tea latte at Starbucks today. It seemed like a pleasant, well-balanced earl grey with a strong (but not overpowering) bergamot flavor and a nice robust black base. Nothing too special, but a good breakfast basic.

Flavors: Bergamot, Malt

When you’re in the mood for a straight up, plain, Earl Grey, this does the trick. It’s nothing spectacular, but it’s not terrible. I added milk and a little vanilla flavouring to make the quickie version of a London fog, which I think made this taste better than it would have if I had had it just with plain milk.

This is my favorite tea! I have played around, trying to see if others will top it. Nothing comes close. It’s funny because trying other brands helped me realize what I love so much about Teavana’s Earl Grey Black: over-the-top bergamot. I would be hard-pressed to tell you what other notes are there. Perhaps it’s a little smokey, but most importantly, it’s not malty or floral. Perfection!

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrusy, Smoke, Tobacco

I purchased this tea after the insistence of my sister and her children. They are all big fans of Teavana, but the teas they purchase tend to be so flowery and fruity, you can’t even smell the tea. I figured I would be safe in purchasing Teavana’s straight Earl Grey, but I have been less than satisfied with it.

In the same way that Starbucks sells coffee for people who don’t want to taste the coffee flavor in their coffee, Teavana seems to cater to people who don’t particularly like the flavor of tea leaves. This tea is entirely too flowery and fruity. I can hardly taste the black tea in it at all. As a loose leaf, this Earl Grey pales in comparison to every bagged Earl Grey I’ve ever tasted. When I drink this stuff I taste jasmine (the most prominent flavor in the cup), I taste bergamot, and the only thing I don’t taste is tea.

Flavors: Bergamot, Jasmine