Earl Grey Black

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea
Bergamot, Jasmine, Tea, Tobacco
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “For those of you keeping up with the news, we were one of the 250,000 homes in North Texas without power this weekend. It was off for nearly 36 hours, and things got pretty chilly. The thermostat...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 253 tasting notes
  • “What the - how did I not find this in my Steepster cupboard? Well, I've got a headcold, which means lots of fun with stuffed sinuses, blowing my nose, sneezing, knowing I should eat but not...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 306 tasting notes
  • “I found some Earl Greys I hadn't yet tried. This is one of them. I am guessing this is one of the teas of the month. I don't have a memory of ordering it separately but I suppose I could have. ...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Oh silly me, expecting my insanely high expectations of What An Earl Grey Should Be to be met or exceeded in Sin City. This earl grey sounded promising (no flowers or weird shiz), smelled average...” Read full tasting note
    amber 221 tasting notes

From Teavana

The traditional blend of China Black teas flavored with fragrant bergamot oil. A natural anti-depressant.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Extra-fine black tea with bergamot oil.

About Teavana View company

This is an amazingly inoffensive variety of Earl Grey. It’s pretty light on the bergamot, which suits my purposes perfectly. I never drink this particular variety hot. I always make iced tea with it. It’s hearty enough to stand a little sweetening with Teavana’s German Rock Sugar. It’s also not too floral to mix with lemonade, if you’re a big Arnold Palmer fan like I am.

Not the best Earl Grey I’ve had, but it’s the best among what’s available in my local area. It’s also the cheapest thing on Teavana’s menu, making it a good daily drinker for patrons of the store. I typically use this tea as filler to get the 10% discount that Teavana offers when you buy a pound or more.

This tea makes me sad. Sad that I bought so much of it. Its hard when you only have access to tea by shopping on-line and you have to take that risk that your click of the button will be proven worthwhile.

It is an o.k. tea. A basic Earl Grey I suppose. I find something in it to be too overpowering than others I’ve tried since. It isn’t the bergamont scent either so it must be something in the tea leaves themselves. The only way I can save this is by adding quite a bit of milk and some sugar (or agave nectar).

I still brew up a pot from time to time mainly so I don’t feel wasteful and if I get the milk/sugar ratio right I can raise my interest in it from blah to well, at least it is a warm beverage.

Not a particularly great value for the price, but it does brew a fine cup of iced tea. Good balance of bergamot, too

A dark and rich flavor. I use it in blends as a base to concoct wild new flavors. It certainly does it’s job.

I purchased this tea after the insistence of my sister and her children. They are all big fans of Teavana, but the teas they purchase tend to be so flowery and fruity, you can’t even smell the tea. I figured I would be safe in purchasing Teavana’s straight Earl Grey, but I have been less than satisfied with it.

In the same way that Starbucks sells coffee for people who don’t want to taste the coffee flavor in their coffee, Teavana seems to cater to people who don’t particularly like the flavor of tea leaves. This tea is entirely too flowery and fruity. I can hardly taste the black tea in it at all. As a loose leaf, this Earl Grey pales in comparison to every bagged Earl Grey I’ve ever tasted. When I drink this stuff I taste jasmine (the most prominent flavor in the cup), I taste bergamot, and the only thing I don’t taste is tea.

Flavors: Bergamot, Jasmine

This has been the most delightful Saturday. I woke up early to run some errands and was back home by 8am to work on some packages I’ve been meaning to send off via snail mail. I’m not at all a crafty person by nature, but I’ve been trying to push myself to be a little more creative. So the majority of my morning was spent putting together little handmade trinkets for a few friends. I surprised myself by loving every minute of it!

As the sun was going down and the evening air began to grow colder, I thought to myself that tea would be the perfect end to an already good day. I’ve been traveling this past week so this is the first cup of tea I’ve had in several days. What a comfort.

After reading some of the tasting notes for this one, I decided to double the amount of tea leaves and brew for a full four minutes with boiling water. I have to say, this cup is very strong. I think maybe even a little too strong for me. Next time, I’ll probably go back to using one teaspoon of tea and/or cutting the steep time to two or three minutes. I don’t taste any of the bergamot in this cup – only tea. I will say, however, that the cooler it gets, the more mellow it feels.

Sitting by the kitchen window with tea in hand is such a satisfying place to be.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I had high hopes for Teavana’s Earl Grey tea. When the sales lady fanned the delightful scent of black tea and citrus in my direction, I practically began to salivate. I thought, “This could be it! This could be the Earl Grey I have been waiting for.” However, after I returned home and brewed a cuppa, I discovered Teavana’s Earl Grey tea did not live up to my expectations. That’s not to say the brew was bad. It’s just the fragrant, citrus scent that wafted in front of my nose was indecipherable in taste.

The one upside to this tea is the price– it’s inexpensive. I think I spent about six dollars on enough tea to make nearly 60 cups. When I first began drinking Teavana’s Earl Grey, I thought I’d eventually return to the store to buy more. If anything, it’s a cheap way to get a caffeine fix. But, overtime I decided I’d rather continue on my journey to find that Earl Grey that is just right even if it is just a bit pricier.

Bottom Line, would I turn away a cuppa if someone offered it to me? No. But, I would rather spend my money on another brand’s blend of Earl Grey.

This is an ok tea. It has an overpowering perfume scent and when i looked it up i found out that the Bergamot is artificial. I think that tea should always remain 100% natural and for that reason I am not a fan of this Earl Grey. The taste isn’t bad by any means but you can find all natural Earl Grey for the same price.

The flavor was excellent, the bergamot and black tea is present and with a little sugar or not, I taste the tea and is excellent, some days I prefer this tea classic than the earl grey creme of teavana.