Earl Grey Black

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “For those of you keeping up with the news, we were one of the 250,000 homes in North Texas without power this weekend. It was off for nearly 36 hours, and things got pretty chilly. The thermostat...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 242 tasting notes
  • “What the - how did I not find this in my Steepster cupboard? Well, I've got a headcold, which means lots of fun with stuffed sinuses, blowing my nose, sneezing, knowing I should eat but not...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 288 tasting notes
  • “I found some Earl Greys I hadn't yet tried. This is one of them. I am guessing this is one of the teas of the month. I don't have a memory of ordering it separately but I suppose I could have. ...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 930 tasting notes
  • “Oh silly me, expecting my insanely high expectations of What An Earl Grey Should Be to be met or exceeded in Sin City. This earl grey sounded promising (no flowers or weird shiz), smelled average...” Read full tasting note
    amber 221 tasting notes

From Teavana

The traditional blend of China Black teas flavored with fragrant bergamot oil. A natural anti-depressant.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Extra-fine black tea with bergamot oil.

About Teavana View company

This is an amazingly inoffensive variety of Earl Grey. It’s pretty light on the bergamot, which suits my purposes perfectly. I never drink this particular variety hot. I always make iced tea with it. It’s hearty enough to stand a little sweetening with Teavana’s German Rock Sugar. It’s also not too floral to mix with lemonade, if you’re a big Arnold Palmer fan like I am.

Not the best Earl Grey I’ve had, but it’s the best among what’s available in my local area. It’s also the cheapest thing on Teavana’s menu, making it a good daily drinker for patrons of the store. I typically use this tea as filler to get the 10% discount that Teavana offers when you buy a pound or more.

This tea makes me sad. Sad that I bought so much of it. Its hard when you only have access to tea by shopping on-line and you have to take that risk that your click of the button will be proven worthwhile.

It is an o.k. tea. A basic Earl Grey I suppose. I find something in it to be too overpowering than others I’ve tried since. It isn’t the bergamont scent either so it must be something in the tea leaves themselves. The only way I can save this is by adding quite a bit of milk and some sugar (or agave nectar).

I still brew up a pot from time to time mainly so I don’t feel wasteful and if I get the milk/sugar ratio right I can raise my interest in it from blah to well, at least it is a warm beverage.

Not a particularly great value for the price, but it does brew a fine cup of iced tea. Good balance of bergamot, too

A dark and rich flavor. I use it in blends as a base to concoct wild new flavors. It certainly does it’s job.

This is an ok tea. It has an overpowering perfume scent and when i looked it up i found out that the Bergamot is artificial. I think that tea should always remain 100% natural and for that reason I am not a fan of this Earl Grey. The taste isn’t bad by any means but you can find all natural Earl Grey for the same price.

The flavor was excellent, the bergamot and black tea is present and with a little sugar or not, I taste the tea and is excellent, some days I prefer this tea classic than the earl grey creme of teavana.

I love Earl Grey tea. I really like this tea from Teavava.com. I will order more when it’s time. This is a good right before bed tea for me. Very relaxing.
1 1/2 to 2 tsp per 8oz of water.

I don’t know how because this is not the greatest Earl Grey but this is my daily drinker. I have purchased a few pounds over the last year since Teavana opened in Honolulu.

As EG’s go it’s pretty above average but not the cream of the crop (no pun intended).

The bergamot is just at that right amount and for a Teavana blend surprisingly no-frills. No weird fillers or chunks of mystery, just good quality tea. I equate this to your favorite comfort food at a major chain, so good you’ll eat it every time but it is not quite as good as MeMa’s

The dry leaves smell absolutely incredible, however, following the Teavana steeping suggestions leaves a pretty mild flavor, I prefer something stronger. Next cup, I think I’ll add a bit more than 1 tsp of tea and steep for 3:30 or longer.