Earl Grey Black

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea
Bergamot, Malt, Citrusy, Smoke, Tobacco, Jasmine, Tea, Bitter, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “For those of you keeping up with the news, we were one of the 250,000 homes in North Texas without power this weekend. It was off for nearly 36 hours, and things got pretty chilly. The thermostat...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 255 tasting notes
  • “What the – how did I not find this in my Steepster cupboard? Well, I’ve got a headcold, which means lots of fun with stuffed sinuses, blowing my nose, sneezing, knowing I should eat but...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 324 tasting notes
  • “I found some Earl Greys I hadn’t yet tried. This is one of them. I am guessing this is one of the teas of the month. I don’t have a memory of ordering it separately but I suppose I...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Oh silly me, expecting my insanely high expectations of What An Earl Grey Should Be to be met or exceeded in Sin City. This earl grey sounded promising (no flowers or weird shiz), smelled average...” Read full tasting note
    amber 221 tasting notes

From Teavana

Smooth infusion with bergamot overtones

Famously highbrow and high grown, our Earl Grey is a top-of-the-tier timeless classic. Aromatic bergamot adds a refined tart citrus taste to this dark, full-lead tea with prized tiny silver tips.

Use 1-1.5 tsp of tea per water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees (90-96 degrees Celsius) and steep for 2-3 minutes.

Ingredients: Black tea, artificial flavoring

About Teavana View company

This is an amazingly inoffensive variety of Earl Grey. It’s pretty light on the bergamot, which suits my purposes perfectly. I never drink this particular variety hot. I always make iced tea with it. It’s hearty enough to stand a little sweetening with Teavana’s German Rock Sugar. It’s also not too floral to mix with lemonade, if you’re a big Arnold Palmer fan like I am.

Not the best Earl Grey I’ve had, but it’s the best among what’s available in my local area. It’s also the cheapest thing on Teavana’s menu, making it a good daily drinker for patrons of the store. I typically use this tea as filler to get the 10% discount that Teavana offers when you buy a pound or more.

This tea makes me sad. Sad that I bought so much of it. Its hard when you only have access to tea by shopping on-line and you have to take that risk that your click of the button will be proven worthwhile.

It is an o.k. tea. A basic Earl Grey I suppose. I find something in it to be too overpowering than others I’ve tried since. It isn’t the bergamont scent either so it must be something in the tea leaves themselves. The only way I can save this is by adding quite a bit of milk and some sugar (or agave nectar).

I still brew up a pot from time to time mainly so I don’t feel wasteful and if I get the milk/sugar ratio right I can raise my interest in it from blah to well, at least it is a warm beverage.

Not a particularly great value for the price, but it does brew a fine cup of iced tea. Good balance of bergamot, too

A dark and rich flavor. I use it in blends as a base to concoct wild new flavors. It certainly does it’s job.

I’m visiting my mom, and she had this one in her cupboard (a gift from my sister that my mom would have never opened). I’m not really into Earl Grey or flavored black teas, but this tea is enjoyable. The bergamot flavor is well-balanced, not too overpowering, and it’s solid caffeine-wise…slightly malty, which I like. I wouldn’t purchase it, but I’ll gladly drink it if it’s available. :)

Had this at Starbuck’s today. It was nice. Smooth, floral, slightly spicy, and expensive.

Like many of us on this site I am sure, I love Earl Grey teas. I must admit I was surprised by how good this one is. There is quite a bit of bergamot flavor, which is my favorite part of any Earl Grey. The base tea is smooth, mild and generally unnoticeable. It neither adds anything or takes anything away from the tea.

You can certainly find better Earl Grey teas, but I’m not sure you can at this price. It must be the cheapest tea at Teavana.

these replaced Tazo
After the barista got it wrong (JUST BAG MEANS LATTE APPARENTLY), I had this.

The leaves seemed like okay quality, the strength was meh.
The ****ing tag fell off and the tea bag just sat there and bobbed like a sad submarine, sitting in the harbor, waiting for orders.

The flavor was MEH. then again they added so much cream, and some odd flavour like nutmeg (then again, I had to teach a barista how to make tea. I became sad at that.), it’s hard to say what the flavor was!

caffeine wise, it is very hard to say, as the hit of pure caffeine was hidden behind some ungodly amount of cream.

I had to make a cup of Tapal Danedar at the hotel room just to make sure I was awake.

All in all, not impressed.

THERE WAS ALMOST NO BERGAMOT. I’ve had teas that cost a fraction what I paid and they tasted 100 times better.

Boiling 8 min or more

I tried this as a tea latte at Starbucks today. It seemed like a pleasant, well-balanced earl grey with a strong (but not overpowering) bergamot flavor and a nice robust black base. Nothing too special, but a good breakfast basic.

Flavors: Bergamot, Malt