Earl Grey Black

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea
Bergamot, Lavender, Pepper, Malt, Citrusy, Smoke, Tobacco, Jasmine, Tea, Bitter, Tart
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “For those of you keeping up with the news, we were one of the 250,000 homes in North Texas without power this weekend. It was off for nearly 36 hours, and things got pretty chilly. The thermostat...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 255 tasting notes
  • “What the – how did I not find this in my Steepster cupboard? Well, I’ve got a headcold, which means lots of fun with stuffed sinuses, blowing my nose, sneezing, knowing I should eat but...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 324 tasting notes
  • “Really enjoyable this morning with eggs and toast. It occurs to me that perhaps Earl Greys are best drunk with hearty English style breakfasts. Can’t really improve upon the detail in my...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 1165 tasting notes
  • “Oh silly me, expecting my insanely high expectations of What An Earl Grey Should Be to be met or exceeded in Sin City. This earl grey sounded promising (no flowers or weird shiz), smelled average...” Read full tasting note
    amber 221 tasting notes

From Teavana

Smooth infusion with bergamot overtones

Famously highbrow and high grown, our Earl Grey is a top-of-the-tier timeless classic. Aromatic bergamot adds a refined tart citrus taste to this dark, full-lead tea with prized tiny silver tips.

Use 1-1.5 tsp of tea per water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees (90-96 degrees Celsius) and steep for 2-3 minutes.

Ingredients: Black tea, artificial flavoring

About Teavana View company

This is an amazingly inoffensive variety of Earl Grey. It’s pretty light on the bergamot, which suits my purposes perfectly. I never drink this particular variety hot. I always make iced tea with it. It’s hearty enough to stand a little sweetening with Teavana’s German Rock Sugar. It’s also not too floral to mix with lemonade, if you’re a big Arnold Palmer fan like I am.

Not the best Earl Grey I’ve had, but it’s the best among what’s available in my local area. It’s also the cheapest thing on Teavana’s menu, making it a good daily drinker for patrons of the store. I typically use this tea as filler to get the 10% discount that Teavana offers when you buy a pound or more.

This tea makes me sad. Sad that I bought so much of it. Its hard when you only have access to tea by shopping on-line and you have to take that risk that your click of the button will be proven worthwhile.

It is an o.k. tea. A basic Earl Grey I suppose. I find something in it to be too overpowering than others I’ve tried since. It isn’t the bergamont scent either so it must be something in the tea leaves themselves. The only way I can save this is by adding quite a bit of milk and some sugar (or agave nectar).

I still brew up a pot from time to time mainly so I don’t feel wasteful and if I get the milk/sugar ratio right I can raise my interest in it from blah to well, at least it is a warm beverage.

Not a particularly great value for the price, but it does brew a fine cup of iced tea. Good balance of bergamot, too

A dark and rich flavor. I use it in blends as a base to concoct wild new flavors. It certainly does it’s job.

Great simple black tea. Smooth and refreshing.

Passable Earl Grey. Do not oversteep! Strong bergamot. On the plus side, you don’t have to take out a second mortgage to buy it from teavana.

This may be my least favorite Earl Grey tea. While drinkable, the strong scent is more like a cheap perfume than the typical bergamot aroma you find in better teas. It’s suffocating and hides the flavor of the tea itself. I’ve tried this tea at home as well as my local Starbucks and it just doesn’t do it for me.

17feb decent daily drinker. Beragamot is not something I see out to drink. I like the smell, not the taste. Unfortunately, when I went to check the name, I ended up dumping most of it on my living room floor. :( I managed to save some.

Flavors: Bergamot

R.F. Hill

Try Paris by Harney and Sons. It’s a vanilla/bergamot tea, but it’s pretty good.

hawkband1

Maybe I’ll get some after my buying hiatus is over. Thanks for the rec!

My first time trying a tea from Teavana, and this was not that impressive.