Earl Grey Black

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea
Bergamot, Lavender, Pepper, Malt, Citrusy, Smoke, Tobacco, Jasmine, Tea, Bitter, Tart
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “For those of you keeping up with the news, we were one of the 250,000 homes in North Texas without power this weekend. It was off for nearly 36 hours, and things got pretty chilly. The thermostat...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 255 tasting notes
  • “What the – how did I not find this in my Steepster cupboard? Well, I’ve got a headcold, which means lots of fun with stuffed sinuses, blowing my nose, sneezing, knowing I should eat but...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 324 tasting notes
  • “Really enjoyable this morning with eggs and toast. It occurs to me that perhaps Earl Greys are best drunk with hearty English style breakfasts. Can’t really improve upon the detail in my...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 1118 tasting notes
  • “Oh silly me, expecting my insanely high expectations of What An Earl Grey Should Be to be met or exceeded in Sin City. This earl grey sounded promising (no flowers or weird shiz), smelled average...” Read full tasting note
    amber 221 tasting notes

From Teavana

Smooth infusion with bergamot overtones

Famously highbrow and high grown, our Earl Grey is a top-of-the-tier timeless classic. Aromatic bergamot adds a refined tart citrus taste to this dark, full-lead tea with prized tiny silver tips.

Use 1-1.5 tsp of tea per water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees (90-96 degrees Celsius) and steep for 2-3 minutes.

Ingredients: Black tea, artificial flavoring

About Teavana View company

This is an amazingly inoffensive variety of Earl Grey. It’s pretty light on the bergamot, which suits my purposes perfectly. I never drink this particular variety hot. I always make iced tea with it. It’s hearty enough to stand a little sweetening with Teavana’s German Rock Sugar. It’s also not too floral to mix with lemonade, if you’re a big Arnold Palmer fan like I am.

Not the best Earl Grey I’ve had, but it’s the best among what’s available in my local area. It’s also the cheapest thing on Teavana’s menu, making it a good daily drinker for patrons of the store. I typically use this tea as filler to get the 10% discount that Teavana offers when you buy a pound or more.

This tea makes me sad. Sad that I bought so much of it. Its hard when you only have access to tea by shopping on-line and you have to take that risk that your click of the button will be proven worthwhile.

It is an o.k. tea. A basic Earl Grey I suppose. I find something in it to be too overpowering than others I’ve tried since. It isn’t the bergamont scent either so it must be something in the tea leaves themselves. The only way I can save this is by adding quite a bit of milk and some sugar (or agave nectar).

I still brew up a pot from time to time mainly so I don’t feel wasteful and if I get the milk/sugar ratio right I can raise my interest in it from blah to well, at least it is a warm beverage.

Not a particularly great value for the price, but it does brew a fine cup of iced tea. Good balance of bergamot, too

A dark and rich flavor. I use it in blends as a base to concoct wild new flavors. It certainly does it’s job.

Morning tea.

I have mixed feelings about this one. I like my teas to have a lot of strong flavour, especially my Earl Grey where I am looking to feel that kick of beragmont. This particular tea definitely delivers on strong flavour, which is why I continue to drink it (also because I happen to have a lot of it…) However, this particular Earl Grey has a weird bitterness and astringency that I can bear but cannot ignore. I usually brew this tea with fewer leaves and a shorter steep time to try and counter-act it, but it doesn’t completely get rid of that artificial-tasting metallic(?) tangyness.

Because it’s the best Earl Grey I’ve got right now, I’ll just have to drink it until its gone.

Jennifer (shecoloura)

I find this tea is very bitter. I do not like the flavour of this at all. And I LOVE Earl Grey tea! (Though cream earl grey’s are more my favourite lately)

Mookit

Yeah, I agree! I only drink it because it has a good hit of bergamont in it, unlike other Earl Grey’s I’ve tried. I’ll be moving on to better pastures soon!

Don’t know how long we’ve carried the Teavana Earl Grey at my store, but it’s been a long time and I’ve yet to try it. And Earl Grey is one of my favorite black teas! A smooth, lightly sweet Earl Grey. Would recommend because I would always recommend Earl Grey.

Flavors: Bergamot, Lavender, Pepper

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’m visiting my mom, and she had this one in her cupboard (a gift from my sister that my mom would have never opened). I’m not really into Earl Grey or flavored black teas, but this tea is enjoyable. The bergamot flavor is well-balanced, not too overpowering, and it’s solid caffeine-wise…slightly malty, which I like. I wouldn’t purchase it, but I’ll gladly drink it if it’s available. :)

Had this at Starbuck’s today. It was nice. Smooth, floral, slightly spicy, and expensive.

Like many of us on this site I am sure, I love Earl Grey teas. I must admit I was surprised by how good this one is. There is quite a bit of bergamot flavor, which is my favorite part of any Earl Grey. The base tea is smooth, mild and generally unnoticeable. It neither adds anything or takes anything away from the tea.

You can certainly find better Earl Grey teas, but I’m not sure you can at this price. It must be the cheapest tea at Teavana.