Anjou Pear-adise Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by submarinelight
190 °F / 87 °C 3 min, 30 sec 407 oz / 12036 ml

From Teavana

Transport yourself to paradise with each sip of this Oolong featuring succulent pears, crisp apples, sweet papaya and lemon balm. This enchanted Oolong blend is subtle, sweet and fragrant with natural stress relief (lemon balm) in your favorite tea cup.

About Teavana View company

This is a great, refreshing tea. Good to drink hot, let cool down just a little, or completely iced!

Nice fruity taste. There is a lot going on with it and suprisingly, the second brew is almost as good as the first!

This has a pretty strong pear flavor. I find that Teavana teas usually have interesting names, but taste nothing like their monikers. This actually resembles pear though the taste is slightly artificial. It is intensely fruity with a slight green oolong aftertaste. Though the tea is pretty sweet without any added sweetener there is also a slight tartness. It makes a good iced tea, which is how I’m enjoying it now.

This is one of the few Teavana teas I actually really wanted to go back to restock on, rather than finding an alternative elsewhere. When I went on their website however, it appeared that they have discontinued the line.
I don’t really think it tastes like pear, but it was definitely a light, fruity oolong. I might just go on amazon and buy some there… that’s how badly I want to restock this tea.

REALLY good if you add a little honey

This is a backlog, since I haven’t made any notes in the past few days.

This one is mixed 1:1 by weight with Golden Monkey. Which is a shame because Golden Monkey is so fragrant on it’s own, but for some reason the bag of GM ended up in the tin with this oolong and by the time I remembered/got back to it, the GM smelled like fruitiness, so I gave up and dumped the bag into the tin and shook it up.

I think that makes the tea a little less ‘fruit juice’ than it otherwise would be, but I rather prefer it that way. It’s rather nice hot, and OK iced, sweetened or not. It’s also fairly expensive for what it is. I’ll try to finish it out, I now have 4oz worth of the mix, but probably wouldn’t repurchase, overall including the tin, it cost…. too much. I could have gotten wayy more tea for that price elsewhere, tins included.

On that note- how are these overpriced tins supposed to be reusable? The tea smells soo strongly when dry, I can’t imagine putting anything but the same type of tea back in.

Thank you MissB for this sample. I was always curious about some of Teavanna’s tea’s . This one sounded like a really good one so I brewed it up this morning. It seemed to be very watery. I added the right amount of tea but there just isn’t too much body to this tea. I taste the hibiscus and something fruity is coming through a bit (I guess the pear) but I get no oolong. That surprised me as I can see the oolong in there and the leaves are big. I might try this one as an iced tea for next time. It doesn’t seem to cut it as a hot tea. I’m still grateful to get to try it out without having to buy a huge amount from Teavanna!

when I want a pear this tea is the indicated, the flavor of pear and oolong is excellent, this tea is better with sugar, without sugar it´s nice too.

Yum! A nice light fruity breakfasty beverage! If you know me, you know I put a little rock sugar in everything, though I put less in this one because I figured the pear would deliver its own sweetness, and it did in fact deliver. I’m tempted to throw in some cinnamon to make it taste like a pear crumble. Delicious!

This one was a very nice surprise. The fruit flavor is not overwhelming but has a nice presence.

I was not impressed with this tea and I am head over heals for flavored oolongs. It seemed watered down and the taste was not too interesting. Maybe I will try it brewed double-strengthed (then maybe I can use it up twice as quickly and free up a tin for some other tea!)

Good refreshing drink! Note: fruity drink! I liked the composition of flavors, just wish there was more tea leaves then fillings – petals, sugary fruit cubes, etc. I tried it both ways – hot and cold. Have to say, iced version was better due to enormous amount of dried fruits. Overall, it was good!