Lemon Lime Kampai

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Gillyflower

From Teavana

Celebrate the refreshing taste of lemon and lime in this mouthwatering tea blend. Sweet lemongrass, tart apple bits, zesty lime, delicious spearmint, and fruity kiwi are blended with green Rooibos tea to create a reason to jump for joy and exclaim, “Kampai!”

About Teavana View company

I feel like I’m drinking a lime-flavored lollipop. Not a fan.

Tried with Weight-to-Go! And a good helping of sugar, iced. This was really delicious. I don’t get this much sugar often but I was craving a sweet treat. I’ll have to add the rating in a bit (silly iPad), but this was a definite win.

The first sip of this tea was very citrusy. But not too IN YOUR FACE citrusy. Very light, very refreshing. I imagine it would make a marvelous iced tea!
For some reason all of Teavana’s teas leave a weird aftertaste in my mouth..
Other then the aftertaste I really did like this tea. :]

I tried this iced tonight (in a blend with Blueberry Bliss), using the hot brew method. (I have some Jasmine Oolong cold-brewing in the fridge, but I got thirsty!) This was really good iced, with a bunch of rock sugar thrown in during steeping. It’s tasty as ever, fruity, light, and refreshing, and still not very rooibos-tasting. I still prefer cold-brewing my iced teas because a) I think the flavor is usually better and smoother, and b) I hate how the hot tea melts all the ice but somehow the whole thing never totally cools down, it just gets mostly cool. But for near-instant gratification, this was a lovely drink!

I didn’t think I’d like this one. I love lemon as a fruit but can’t stand it in tea – although to be fair I am talking about that nasty fake lemon flavoring added on to iced tea. The lemon in this, while overpowering, felt very cleansing in a way. I could see myself drinking this when sick as a remedy of sorts. It will likely not be an everyday tea by itself, but I think the flavor would lend well to blending, so I’ll try and experiment.

For those who love Lemon and Lime, real lemon and lime, this tea is for you!!! Amazing flavor, so wonderful with almost any other tea!

Okay, so this is an old tea. I have no idea how old, but I know it’s been discontinued for awhile. So it’s old. The only reason I own it is because I was purchasing a Venture Brothers shirt for my boyfriend (I almost never call him that, but I guess we’ve reached a point I can’t pretend he’s not) for Christmas. I guess the eBay seller sells a lot of random things, because this tea was listed there for like 2$ with an extra 1$ for shipping. I thought—well, what the Hell. It’ll be old, but for 3$, why not?

This tastes well, slightly old, but it’s not bad yet. And I like this tea. I was complaining in the forums about how much trouble I have with herbal teas. I actually really like herbal teas, but they aren’t tea. Not at all. Rooibos tea disappoints me the most, because it doesn’t have the same kind of different and expressive flavors of herbal tea. Rooibos is also really sweet and weak. And this tea is sweet and fruit-y, which is exactly what I don’t like in Rooibos blends.

But I like this. It won’t suit me to replace tea; it’ll always be the kind of thing I drink when I want something else. But it tastes—well, like soda, and not in a way that makes it weird I’m drinking hot, flat soda.

I’m glad I bought it, although I wish for tonight, I had brewed a cup of Whispering Pines’s Nevermore herbal blend which is maybe my favorite herbal blend ever and which does taste like a great tea replacement. I’ll have to do a whole Whispering Pines super log when I finally work up the energy to do it. I am so smitten with the Nevermore tea, I’m too intimidated to write about it. (haha, and super log meaning a whole 2 teas.)

I didn’t rate this tea, because it’s old. But as it is now, it’d probably around a 65%.