Pineapple Kona Pop!

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TheKesser

• “Hodie Hum...a little of this Teavana left to finish up and then it will be gone. Bah Humbug! Drats! Buggers (who says that? one of you says that?) I dunna like this tea! Schey fixed my haircolor...” Read full tasting note
    bonniejohnstone 672 tasting notes
  • “*Teavana:* (Skip to "The Tea" if you're familiar with Teavana, or just don't care to read about my first time at the vendor.) So it didn't really take me long to crack on the Teavana front. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes
  • “soooo thanks to *fiddling* for this one. i have to say, not sure how people drink this one. After having some very nice pineapple oolongs recently, this is just a big ol' miss. Especially since...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes
  • “I love pineapple but ehhhh, even with a little sweetener, this is still kind of gross. Like someone put something really weird in some pineapple juice. It's okay, it's helped me feel like calming...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes

From Teavana

Taste the Hawaiian islands with bursts of tropical flavor from this exceptional herbal tisane. Lusciously golden and juicy pineapple combines perfectly with apple bits and fragrant blossoms abound. It’s ‘Ono, mikomiko’ (delicious)!

Ingredients: Apple pieces, candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar), pineapple flavoring, rose blossom leaves, rosebuds, marigold blossoms, and orange blossoms.

About Teavana View company

Not a fan of this tea hot but when iced it’s one of my all time favourites. I don’t add sweetener into it usually. 6 teaspoons for a 16 ounces cup poured over a full cup of ice, just delicious.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 6 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

My sister brought this home from her work (teavana) after raving about it to me, it didn’t live up to her reviews in my opinion but nonetheless it’s a good tea. Rather refreshing especially for a pineapple lover like me. However it’s definitely not one of my favorites.

I like this one a lot, this is the second time I’ve bought it. The smell is wonderful, and while it’s not as strong as I would like it to be, I still enjoy it.

Just purchased this herbal blend this weekend. As a BIG fan of pineapple, I knew this was going to be a hit for me. After reading earlier reviews I did brew this blend very strong- 2-2.5 tsp and that seemed to give me some good flavor notes. I found this blend to be very fruity and sweet. Pineapple was the main scent. A little weak at first but a dollop of sugar seemed to bring it out a bit more. Then there is an ever so slight appley taste. More like an after-taste really…

I’ll need to mix it with a white tea in the future to see how well it blends. Not sure if I would repurchase yet but I will be brewing it again.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I had such high hopes for this tea, because I love pineapple, but it ended up a bit weak. I suppose next time I could try to steep a bit more than the recommended amount. Additionally, this is a good blending tea…

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is a delicious, sweet blend. There is sugar in the dried pineapple, though, which I find unfortunate.

When I first smelled it in the store, I noticed that the smell was strong, fruity and inviting. It tastes almost like pineapple juice! However, it is a bit tart, so not really sweet at all, but it doesn’t take away too much from the beautiful and very strong pineapple taste.

This tea is great hot and cold. Just now, I was drinking it hot, but the fan above me cooled it off, so I got to experience both extremes in one cup! Haha, I guess it will be this way for the rest of the night xD

This tea wasn’t bad…. it was okay. It has now become a staple in our house because my dad has fallen in love with this. To give you an idea about my dads taste: 1. It must be sweet and by sweet I mean very VERY sweet. 2. It must be fruity.
To make it short and sweet, my dad LOVES iced herbal tea.
I personally am not a fan of this blend. To me it tastes dull, bland, and a bit like watery gummy bears. It also looks a little like funky water. The aroma is nice but there is little to no taste. There is barely any taste of pineapple or blueberry. It’s also a pain to brew. When brewed at the recommended temperature and time it has no flavor and it’s gross. I ended up brewing it for double the time and waited to see if that did the trick…. nope. Still gross…. I have used the silly german rock sugar and everything but it’s still not what I tried in the store.
I would recommend not buying this tea and save your money. It’s not worth it and there are better teas out there. Another strike for Teavana.

Chocolate macadamia and lilikoi passion pancakes. We bought them while in Kaua’i last year and figured we should finish them before they expire and what better to finish them off with then with a Hawai’ian themed tea! I tasted the tea around 4-5 minutes and had to add more time. However, I don’t feel like that helped very much. The pancakes are awesome but this tea…. not so much. Which is kinda sad because it smells so good! I’ve tried it hot and cold and I just can’t get a good flavor from it. This one’s going to the trade pile.

I’m not going to rate this just yet. Today I brewed this and had it hot, using 1tsp per 8oz of water. It’s good, but a little on the weak side. I love the pineapple smell, and love pineapple in general. The apple is actually coming through quite strongly in this, as well as some of the floral.

On that note, if anyone has a suggestion for truly excellent pineapple tea, PLEASE let me know! :)