Pineapple Kona Pop!

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TheKesser

• “Hodie Hum...a little of this Teavana left to finish up and then it will be gone. Bah Humbug! Drats! Buggers (who says that? one of you says that?) I dunna like this tea! Schey fixed my haircolor...” Read full tasting note
    bonniejohnstone 673 tasting notes
  • “*Teavana:* (Skip to "The Tea" if you're familiar with Teavana, or just don't care to read about my first time at the vendor.) So it didn't really take me long to crack on the Teavana front. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes
  • “soooo thanks to *fiddling* for this one. i have to say, not sure how people drink this one. After having some very nice pineapple oolongs recently, this is just a big ol' miss. Especially since...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4861 tasting notes
  • “I love pineapple but ehhhh, even with a little sweetener, this is still kind of gross. Like someone put something really weird in some pineapple juice. It's okay, it's helped me feel like calming...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1196 tasting notes

From Teavana

Taste the Hawaiian islands with bursts of tropical flavor from this exceptional herbal tisane. Lusciously golden and juicy pineapple combines perfectly with apple bits and fragrant blossoms abound. It’s ‘Ono, mikomiko’ (delicious)!

Ingredients: Apple pieces, candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar), pineapple flavoring, rose blossom leaves, rosebuds, marigold blossoms, and orange blossoms.

About Teavana View company

Chocolate macadamia and lilikoi passion pancakes. We bought them while in Kaua’i last year and figured we should finish them before they expire and what better to finish them off with then with a Hawai’ian themed tea! I tasted the tea around 4-5 minutes and had to add more time. However, I don’t feel like that helped very much. The pancakes are awesome but this tea…. not so much. Which is kinda sad because it smells so good! I’ve tried it hot and cold and I just can’t get a good flavor from it. This one’s going to the trade pile.

I’m not going to rate this just yet. Today I brewed this and had it hot, using 1tsp per 8oz of water. It’s good, but a little on the weak side. I love the pineapple smell, and love pineapple in general. The apple is actually coming through quite strongly in this, as well as some of the floral.

On that note, if anyone has a suggestion for truly excellent pineapple tea, PLEASE let me know! :)

I’m not generally one for fruity teas, but this is 1/2 of my favorite iced herbal blend. If you’re ever looking for an awesome iced tea on a hot afternoon, try blending this tea with Teavana’s Peach Tranquility and add just a touch of rock sugar (seriously, though, just a touch or you’ll over-sweeten), and prepare to have your mind blown.

Here are the brewing instructions I use when I make a pitcher:

66oz pitcher with infuser
2/3 cup Pineapple Kona Pop
2/3 cup Peach Tranquility
4-6 tsp rock sugar (depending on your taste)

I usually do a cold brew (because I’m lazy), so I’ll use a little hot water to dissolve the sugar, then just room temperature to fill up the rest of the pitcher. Then I put the infuser in, screw the lid on, and stick the whole thing in the refrigerator overnight. By the next day, voila! Awesome caffeine-free iced tea.

A note: The rock sugar is incredibly important, even though you’re only using a tiny bit, because without it this tea is very bland. The sugar brings out the taste of the fruit.

Boiling 8 min or more

Amazing hot or iced. I love it with a dash of sugar for a sweet evening treat or on ice for a refreshing summer drink!

Love it! Sweet, fruity, yet subtle. Different. Great paired with Blueberry Bliss.

I bought this because it smelled absolutely amazing. However, the taste was not as strong or as sweet as I thought it would be. Adding honey to it satisfied my taste buds.

I enjoy this blended with the Rooibos Chai, or with Adagio’s Rooibos Cocomint & Rooibos Orange…. I love the candied pineapple pieces in it the most….

This is a cold tea rating only. Didn’t like it hot.

As a pineapple fan, this tea is so yummy! I’ve tried this as a sample numerous times and it’s always appealed to me the same. Not too strong, not too weak. It tastes really tropical and refreshing. Something you wouldn’t want to drink hot though. Lightly sweetened with the German sugar rocks Teavana sells and iced, this is liquid heaven and I will be buying this soon to treat myself.

Iced

Even better with the Blueberry Bliss!