Yumberry Wulong Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “~_Backlogging_~ _Experience buying from Teavana Online_ http://steepster.com/places/2822-teavana-online-atlanta-georgia I bought 2 OZ of this in their year-end Heavenly Tea Sale at 75%...” Read full tasting note
    teashine 170 tasting notes
  • “My mom bought some tea from Teavana's heavenly sale this year and brought it up to my grandparents so we could try it. I also gave her an unopened pouch of their Dan Cong that I got from last...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “Oh dear. I wanted to like this tea. Fruity and a bit tart, but not too overwhelmingly fruity or tart. It sounded lovely. I prepared it with 1 t per 8 oz, after checking the Teavana website. I...” Read full tasting note
    camiah 186 tasting notes
  • “I've brewed this a few different times using different steeping parameters and I just can't get much more than a slightly tart hibiscus/berry flavor and green oolong flavor. I just can't figure...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes

From Teavana

Overflowing with delicious ruby red yumberries, this tart berry blend adds bright bounce to a summery dawn. Enjoy an orchard walk at sunrise as the middle note of dew-drenched ‘superfruits’ (including blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries) combine with sun-ripened peaches and kiwi to enrich your morning journey. SUPERFRUIT ENHANCED

Fruity infusion with sweet berry overtones.

About Teavana View company

I actually enjoy the light tartness of this tea. I find it refreshing and drink it when I’m thirsty, not when I’m craving strong oolong flavor. I won’t buy it again, but I’m enjoying it while I have it.

I made this about 3 minutes before I had to run out the door so I didnt get a chance to try it until I was at work. To be honest I wasnt expecting much from it since I read quite a few terrible reviews. I ordered 8 ounces since it was so cheap and figured if I hated it I could just give it to someone who did like it. That will not be happening. I really like this tea a lot. Its a little tart but still earthy flavored and its definitely a nice change. I’ll be trying this iced once this terribly cold weather breaks.

This tea was my introduction to oolong. At first smell, it’s fruity, but with the “earthy” oolong smell (kinda smells like dirt). When I got it home and brewed it, I wasn’t immediately impressed, it’s ok, but not amazing. I infused the same batch again and much more of the fruit flavor was brought out. I’m not too big on the fruity teas, but this is one of my favorites.

Get this tea and eat the freeze-dried yumberries out of it because those are DELICIOUS. Also there are some other edible freeze-dried fruits in it, otherwise this tea is bland and fairly worthless.

I was disappointed in this. There was no flavor whatsoever. I wish it was just a little bit more fruity tasting. I’ll finish it, but I really wish it had more flavor.

Autumn Hearth

Yes this is a far cry from fruity. A few of the people I worked with would blend this with Raspberry Riot Lemon Mate or Acai Matetini. It probably wouldn’t be bad with either your Srawberry/Bliss or Stawberry Slender, if you need a more enjoyable way to get through what you have left.

At first I thought a whole raspberry fell into my infuser, but then I realized raspberries weren’t on the ingredients list and that this was a yumberry. Maybe yumberries have way less flavor than raspberries. The color of the steep was a light pink, but maybe just because of the whole yumberry. I love oolong teas and this is a nice floral, yet grassy. If you buy this tea for the list of fruit (kiwi! peach! all those berries!), you will be disappointed. There is barely ANY fruit flavor here, just the flavor of the oolong. The oolong doesn’t have a scent either. And I tried to get more of the oolong in the infuser than the fruits, but it still ended up mostly fruit, yet tasting like mostly oolong. Glad this was on sale, because I wouldn’t have bought it otherwise. I really wanted to like this! If you’re looking for a fantastic oolong, try Butikiteas.com ..you can’t go wrong with them.

I forgot what I thought of this tea, but the first sip since then brought back those thoughts.

It is still a strange blend, the oolong tea still flowery and bright, the fruit giving it more brightness and a sweeter tone.

I am still at odds with this, as I prefer my oolong earthy.

What a disappointment. Everything about this tea seemed like a perfect fit for me. I love oolong, I love berries, what’s not to love about this tea?

Unfortunately the result is way less than the sum of its parts. For one, I’ll echo what some others have said — there is very little actual oolong tea in this blend. So that’s a big problem… The tea flavor gets pretty much completely lost in the fruits. But that shouldn’t be a huge issue if the berry mix is delicious, right?

Well, that’s problem number two. The berry mix is a bit of a mess. All I can taste is intensely tart, generic fruit flavor. There’s so many different pieces is just becomes this muddled mess of fruit flavors. Nothing stands out. It’s completely unbalanced.

Not wanting to let 2 oz of tea go waste I have tried my best to salvage this tea. Different brew setups came out slightly different, but were ultimately overrun by the tartness (which makes it a totally unrefreshing iced tea). Blending with other teas seemed a good solution but in every case the result was the same – whatever tea I mixed with this was ruined by the horrid, inescapable, generic tartness.

Tartness is a great part of the experience with so many fruits. But that’s where this tea runs into trouble – tartness is only PART of the fruit experience, but it’s the whole flavor of this blend.

I don’t drink many caffeinated teas, and this reminded me of a lot of herbal teas or white flavored teas. The “tea” flavor from the oolong was very subtle, but not unpleasant. I really liked this tea. Not my favorite, but definitely one that I will use up happily.

I made the mistake of buying this tea via smell. I got home and made it, the taste is no where near the smell. I have tried to steep it many times, following direction and not… (I like tea strong so Ill usually let it steep until I get the best taste) I can tolarate it, but wont buy it again. Possibly trying it cold will be better!

Side note: So far I haven’t had a good experience with the company in store, but I bought 10 teas with the heavenly sale online (no pressure to spend more than I wanted). If I like them I will countinue to shop online!