Imperial Acai Blueberry White Tea

Fruit Rooibos White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Cold brewed this one half and half with Berry Basil Blast for about 12 hours. Initially it smelled of delicious gummy candies. Strongly blueberry or Swedish berry. The taste initially was good. ...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 754 tasting notes
  • “Thank you, *tperez*! A blueberry white was the second of my two first loose leaf teas but I never repurchased it for some reason. This one has always intrigued me so yay. I could take or leave...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Another new tea. I hoped to like this one as much as I liked White Blueberry by Adagio, but something about this doesn't thrill me. It is good, tasty, and fruity, but it also just tastes...” Read full tasting note
    zildjianpride 176 tasting notes
  • “I'm amazed to find a white Teavana blend that actually has recognizable white tea in it. All the other "white" teas from them I've tried have little bits of leaves that are broken and don't add any...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Teavana

Renowned for its antioxidants, white tea and “superfoods” blueberries, acai and black currant are combined in this royal treat. One sip unveils the subtle undertones of white grape, hibiscus flower and rare rosehips. A new favorite with all the health benefits of white tea!

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to 175 degrees and steep for 2 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: White tea, green Rooibos, blueberries, natural acai extract, grapes, hibiscus, beetroot, rosehips and black currants.

About Teavana View company

Added some stevia to sweeten.

As other posters have stated, if you understeep this tea, it has no flavor; if you oversteep it, it becomes bitter. I am having the last cup of a 2 oz resealable envelope and it is bitter. I think it should have more of a pure blueberry flavor to it.

Another thing that may be bothering me and making the tea taste bad to me is that it includes maltodextrin. Granted, I’m sure it’s very little as it’s a part of the acai fruit powder, last ingredient on the list. But still, I’m sensitive to gluten and it’s probably enough to make it taste nasty and to stuff up my head like I have a head cold. If Teavana is actually concerned with health, they need to put a warning on their teas that include maltodextrin for those with food sensitivities/allergies. I never thought tea would have maltodextrin in it, but now I know better. I will not buy this tea again. And here’s a thought: what if fruit-flavored tea included only tea and fruit! They need to dump the additives; it’s eliminating teas that I will buy from them and for family members!

SJBP

I checked Teavana’s website today, they do clearly show maltodextrin as an ingredient. I don’t recall seeing that before, but it is there. All the same, I can’t order this tea again until they ditch the maltodextrin.

Sample from chrimabro. Thanks, Christina!

I’m normally a bit meh on fruit teas and this was no exception. The tea steeped for 1.5 minutes, and it was a lovely red-purple color from the berries. It smelled delicious.

Flavor wise, rather bland. The berries were very very subtle and I could barely taste them if I really concentrated. This may have been better with some sugar but I’m loathe to add sugar to tea that is actually made from Camellia sinensis because I want to taste the tea – unfortunately, this fruit masked the tea, and the tea watered down the fruit so neither was strong enough to taste.

It was still drinkable, and I did finish my mug, but I did not resteep it. I probably won’t buy this myself after the sample’s gone.

Blech. This tea was bitter no matter how I tried to prepare it. I bought it by mistake, thinking it was a tea that my friend bought in the past and I loved. I gave this away to a friend to actually likes it. I’m glad someone is getting enjoyment out of it because I certainly didn’t.

Sarah – really like this one. Rating: 90

Needs to be brewed stronger – I recommend 2 tsp. per 8 oz. The flavor is too light, and it makes my mouth feel sticky. Adding sugar helps.

I previously had steeped it for 2 minutes and could hardly taste it – maybe the “sticky” bitter taste is because this was oversteeped? I’ll have to try again.

Got this in a discounted set. Eight ounces of assorted teas for 9 bucks! Woohoo!

This is very fruity, the blueberry definitely comes through, but I loves me some fruity tea so this is a super pleasant treat. Especially since the price was right!

Very easy to oversteep. I either oversteep and end up with a bitter aftertaste or under-steep and have a weak tea. I’ve had it several times, sometimes carefully checking water temperature and sometimes not, and can’t get it exactly right. Not bad, but I’ll stick to the more reliable teas in my cupboard.

This tea has a nice flavor, but beware of oversteeping which can lead to an extremely bitter flavor.

I finally figured out that I liked this one steeped no more than a minute and a half, and mixed with Teavana’s Strawberry Kiwi herbal…mmm.