Imperial Acai Blueberry White Tea

Fruit White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Currant, Blueberry, Hibiscus Flowers, Rose Hips, White Tea
Bitter, Soap, Blueberry, Fruity, Menthol, Sweet, Tart, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

• “Cold brewed this one half and half with Berry Basil Blast for about 12 hours. Initially it smelled of delicious gummy candies. Strongly blueberry or Swedish berry. The taste initially was good. ...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 853 tasting notes
  • “Thank you, tperez! A blueberry white was the second of my two first loose leaf teas but I never repurchased it for some reason. This one has always intrigued me so yay. I could...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “Another new tea. I hoped to like this one as much as I liked White Blueberry by Adagio, but something about this doesn’t thrill me. It is good, tasty, and fruity, but it also just tastes...” Read full tasting note
    zildjianpride 176 tasting notes
  • “I’m amazed to find a white Teavana blend that actually has recognizable white tea in it. All the other “white” teas from them I’ve tried have little bits of leaves that are...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Teavana

A majestic summer picnic of açaí, blueberry, black currants and lush white grapes is this royal blend’s muse. Renowned for the soft notes of the beautiful hibiscus flower, this white tea is a delicious treat.

Rich sweet blueberry infusion with tart hibiscus overtones

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to 175 degrees and steep for 2 minutes.

Ingredients: White tea, blueberries, grapes, black chokeberries, black currants, rose hip peels, beetroot pieces, hibiscus flowers, artificial flavoring, açai fruit powder (açai, maltodextrin)

About Teavana View company

Added some stevia to sweeten.

Terrible. Tasted like soap, both hot and iced. Never buying again.

Flavors: Bitter, Soap

I love anything blueberry so I wanted to try this. It’s very expensive, almost $15 per oz. I got about 2 oz. and a little goes a long way. It steeps very densely and fast so I keep my steep time to under 2 mins. It’s very bitter for my liking, but has a slight blueberry note and I like that it’s white tea. Other than that, my search for a strong blueberry tea continues!

Flavors: Bitter, Blueberry

1 min, 45 sec 1 tsp

Made this one iced. It’s been a long time since I’ve tried to brew a white tea. This confirms that I do need to wait until I purchase something that helps me control the temperature as this came out bitter. Until then, I plan to try this one cold brewed. What I can get out of this attempt is that this may be a light, pleasant tea with a blueberry taste. I feel like it has promise, just needs to be brewed right.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

This is another tea from Teavana that doesn’t taste quite as good as it smells. It is decent though, not incredible by any means but reasonably good. Not good enough to buy again but I won’t just throw it out. The leaves look like tea, not like a little bit of tea with a lot of fruit bits like a lot of Teavana teas.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and 175 degree water for 2 min.

Flavors: Blueberry

Well, it’s back to work after the holiday. Everything is still and quiet here so it seemed the perfect time to make a cup of this tea. This cup is much better than the last – it’s still a little bitter, but it seems more flavorful. The white teas I’ve tried seem to be so temperamental that just a few seconds or degrees off one way or the other has resulted in a bitter steep. I guess I just haven’t found that perfect spot yet for this tea. I still think this would be best chilled so I do plan to try that later on.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I’m still in full holiday mode. Not quite ready to give up the lights and paper for the cold, dreariness of January. But at least we’ll still have tea to keep us warm. :)

Flavors: Bitter

As other posters have stated, if you understeep this tea, it has no flavor; if you oversteep it, it becomes bitter. I am having the last cup of a 2 oz resealable envelope and it is bitter. I think it should have more of a pure blueberry flavor to it.

Another thing that may be bothering me and making the tea taste bad to me is that it includes maltodextrin. Granted, I’m sure it’s very little as it’s a part of the acai fruit powder, last ingredient on the list. But still, I’m sensitive to gluten and it’s probably enough to make it taste nasty and to stuff up my head like I have a head cold. If Teavana is actually concerned with health, they need to put a warning on their teas that include maltodextrin for those with food sensitivities/allergies. I never thought tea would have maltodextrin in it, but now I know better. I will not buy this tea again. And here’s a thought: what if fruit-flavored tea included only tea and fruit! They need to dump the additives; it’s eliminating teas that I will buy from them and for family members!

I checked Teavana’s website today, they do clearly show maltodextrin as an ingredient. I don’t recall seeing that before, but it is there. All the same, I can’t order this tea again until they ditch the maltodextrin.

Sample from chrimabro. Thanks, Christina!

I’m normally a bit meh on fruit teas and this was no exception. The tea steeped for 1.5 minutes, and it was a lovely red-purple color from the berries. It smelled delicious.

Flavor wise, rather bland. The berries were very very subtle and I could barely taste them if I really concentrated. This may have been better with some sugar but I’m loathe to add sugar to tea that is actually made from Camellia sinensis because I want to taste the tea – unfortunately, this fruit masked the tea, and the tea watered down the fruit so neither was strong enough to taste.

It was still drinkable, and I did finish my mug, but I did not resteep it. I probably won’t buy this myself after the sample’s gone.

Blech. This tea was bitter no matter how I tried to prepare it. I bought it by mistake, thinking it was a tea that my friend bought in the past and I loved. I gave this away to a friend to actually likes it. I’m glad someone is getting enjoyment out of it because I certainly didn’t.

Sarah – really like this one. Rating: 90