Phoenix Mountain Dan Cong Oolong

Oolong Tea
Honey, Mineral
Edit tea info Last updated by MattLytle

From Teavana

The name ‘Dan Cong’ means ‘one bush’ and follows a special process in which each tea tree is harvested and processed individually. Every tree produces a unique type of fragrant leaf, which are then fermented only on the edges giving the middle part of the leaf a natural, fresh taste. This exceptional Oolong tea becomes more complex and improves with age. The flavor begins with a roasted honey taste and ends with lingering floral undertones. Originally the tea was only given as an Imperial Tribute.

About Teavana View company

This was was the sample of the day when I walked past the shop, and it was absolutely delicious. I plopped down way more money than I should have to get myself some. This is just very good quality tea. The oolong flavor is very strong, but there’s a freshness and almost sweetness to it that is extremely tasty and refreshing. I’ve been hoarding the little bit of this I have left since I learned Teavana discontinued it.

Good tea for breakfast especially on chilly mornings. Price aside this is still my favorite Dan Cong its a shame Teavana stopped selling it.

Flavors: Honey, Mineral

I got this a long time ago when it went on sale.

Tastes planty and a bit nutty; I suppose you’d describe it as earthy. Very smooth and calming. It needs to be consumed hot. It gets ultra-gross when it’s even slightly lukewarm.

Maybe I’ll edit this later… I’m not used to this kind of tea and the words aren’t coming to me to describe it.

I absolutely love this tea. It has a sort of oak-ey, nutty, honey flavor. It’s high in umami, and you can breathe in and taste it again after sipping it. It resteeps very well, with the second and third steeps being the sweetest and most savory. The fourth steep starts to get very light, but longer steep times do help.

Very soothing tea with lovely flavor and alleged boost to the metabolism.