English Breakfast (High Grown)

Baked Bread, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

From Teavana

A flavourful and popular blend of full-leaf, high-grown Assam, Nilgiri, and Ceylon black teas. English breakfast blend is a perpetual morning-time companion to tea lovers everywhere. And the gentle caffeine content will help wake you up without making you as jittery as coffee.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and let steep for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
A mixture of Assam, Nilgiri, and Ceylon black teas.

This tea blends well with:
White Ayurvedic Chai Tea
Spice of Life® White Tea
MatéVana® Herbal Tea
Honeybush Vanilla Herbal Tea

About Teavana View company

This is my everyday tea. I love the Assam Gold Rain more, but I chose this for my everyday tea since it is cheaper. (I drink about a quart a day instead of coffee.) I like it strong, so I do 1.5 tsp per cup. I add sugar too, about a tsp per cup.

I’ve tried several “English Breakfast” teas, and I’ve like all of them. This one, however, was surprisingly underwhelming. It took a lot of very hot water, and several minutes more than recommended to get a somewhat flavorful cup of tea out of these leaves. Perhaps my lot came from an old and stale batch? The experience was disappointing.

I really like a good English Breakfast tea and was looking forward to having this one from Teavana. Unfortunately, it is bitter and has some kind of weird metallic aftertaste. I’ve tried adding sugar and cream and it still doesn’t help. Today I mixed it with the White Avurvedic Chai from Teavana and added some sugar and that redeemed it somewhat. Will look elsewhere for a good quality English Breakfast.

Joz

I finally gave up on this – pitched it all on Friday! Fortunately it’s one of the cheapest teas Teavana sells so I’m not out much money ;-)

Oh yes. This is good stuff. Shamefully, I drank this with non-dairy creamer. Well, I take that back. We don’t have milk in my office, so I had to make due with what I had. It’s still good with creamer instead of milk.

I made a point of trying out Teavanna’s English Breakfast, and it’s not too bad. Certainly not as robust as I like my standard black teas, but it’s still got a good flavor to it.

Used an extra teaspoon of this today; made for a bracing, full cup of tea. Robust but not too bitter. I brew mine for just over three minutes. Also good with a splash of milk.

This has assam nilgiri,and ceylon black teas. You can see the black tea and I’t smells strong. I steeped this a short steeping time. And the taste I’s a good tasting black tea. I was afraid of the assam knocking my socks off. So It’s your choice to steep longer or not.

Was a classic English Breakfast Tea. Very strong and somewhat bitter but very nice was Truvia.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

You know that first cold front of the fall season that sneaks in quietly overnight and you wake up and the temps have dropped and it feels like the whole world is going, “ahhhhhh, finally!” …that feeling? Yeah.

At any rate, a morning so pleasant deserves something better than the elderly dregs I’ve been grabbing on the way out the door. This English Breakfast is better. With a 3-minute steep, I’m getting a little sweetness in it. Carbs with just a drop of honey. My general opinion of Teavana has always been “more flash than substance,” but I’ll have to alter that judgment on their EB.

K S

I went in Teavana once just to see if I got hassled like others complain about. I didn’t (is that good or bad?) but the prices are way to out there for me.

gmathis

This one is in the lower end of their price spectrum; pleasantly so.