English Breakfast (High Grown)

Earth, Honey, Malt, Pleasantly Sour, Baked Bread
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From Teavana

Full-bodied infusion with malty and oaky undertones

This hidden treasure of royal lineage raises this most beloved morning black tea to new heights. Each sip unfolds to reveal the complexity of the high grown full leaves. Feel like royalty with this elegantly time-honored classic and add a majestic nod to every cup.

Ingredients: Black tea

How To Steep
2 Perfectea Scoops – Scoop loose leaf tea into infuser.
205°F – Heat fresh (preferably filtered) water.
8 fl oz – Pour water over sachet in cup.
3 min – Stay close to this steep time for optimal flavor.
3-5 steeps – Use again and again, you can steep this tea 3-5 times.

Blends Well With
Earl Grey White Tea
Honeybush Vanilla Herbal Tea

About Teavana View company

This is my everyday tea. I love the Assam Gold Rain more, but I chose this for my everyday tea since it is cheaper. (I drink about a quart a day instead of coffee.) I like it strong, so I do 1.5 tsp per cup. I add sugar too, about a tsp per cup.

I’ve tried several “English Breakfast” teas, and I’ve like all of them. This one, however, was surprisingly underwhelming. It took a lot of very hot water, and several minutes more than recommended to get a somewhat flavorful cup of tea out of these leaves. Perhaps my lot came from an old and stale batch? The experience was disappointing.

I really like a good English Breakfast tea and was looking forward to having this one from Teavana. Unfortunately, it is bitter and has some kind of weird metallic aftertaste. I’ve tried adding sugar and cream and it still doesn’t help. Today I mixed it with the White Avurvedic Chai from Teavana and added some sugar and that redeemed it somewhat. Will look elsewhere for a good quality English Breakfast.

Joz

I finally gave up on this – pitched it all on Friday! Fortunately it’s one of the cheapest teas Teavana sells so I’m not out much money ;-)

Oh yes. This is good stuff. Shamefully, I drank this with non-dairy creamer. Well, I take that back. We don’t have milk in my office, so I had to make due with what I had. It’s still good with creamer instead of milk.

I made a point of trying out Teavanna’s English Breakfast, and it’s not too bad. Certainly not as robust as I like my standard black teas, but it’s still got a good flavor to it.

Used an extra teaspoon of this today; made for a bracing, full cup of tea. Robust but not too bitter. I brew mine for just over three minutes. Also good with a splash of milk.

This has assam nilgiri,and ceylon black teas. You can see the black tea and I’t smells strong. I steeped this a short steeping time. And the taste I’s a good tasting black tea. I was afraid of the assam knocking my socks off. So It’s your choice to steep longer or not.

Can’t believe it’s my 400th tasting note already! Well, I did drink a ton of tea trying to survive NaNoWriMo. Tried this at a Starbucks. It was surprisingly acidic, but on the other hand, they did use 2 teabags, and considering how huge they were, 1 would probably have been plenty. Otherwise a quite decent flavorful English Breakfast.

tea-sipper

Happy 400!

Fjellrev

Yay, 400! Congrats!

Tamarindel

Thank you! I was kind of surprised, it doesn’t really feel like that many :)

I get a bit of sourness out of this, some malt and honey tones to finish off…earthy throughout. Better if brewed with a little bit less tea than others imo.

Flavors: Earth, Honey, Malt, Pleasantly Sour