English Breakfast (High Grown)

Baked Bread, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

From Teavana

A flavourful and popular blend of full-leaf, high-grown Assam, Nilgiri, and Ceylon black teas. English breakfast blend is a perpetual morning-time companion to tea lovers everywhere. And the gentle caffeine content will help wake you up without making you as jittery as coffee.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and let steep for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
A mixture of Assam, Nilgiri, and Ceylon black teas.

This tea blends well with:
White Ayurvedic Chai Tea
Spice of Life® White Tea
MatéVana® Herbal Tea
Honeybush Vanilla Herbal Tea

About Teavana View company

I like this tea. Not too brisk, astringent or earthy like other harney & sons teas I have tried. Great flavor to my tea palate! Haven’t found any straight black tea I like better yet.

Uniquity

That may be because this is a blend of ceylon, nilgiri and indian teas. You likely won’t find a single origin tea that tastes like this but you might want to keep trying unflavoured teas from India, Nilgiri and Ceylon/Sri Lanka.

This is an average tasting English Breakfast. It’s nothing to celebrate over, but it will never let you down. I always take it with milk and no sugar. If i had to complain about one thing, it would be that this tea does not re-steep as well as some other EB’s. Overall this is a pleasant tasting tea with a great malty, bready aroma that fills up a room.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Malt

0 OZ / 0 ML

Love it, I just wanted to do a little black tea before popping onto my RA duties, I used a tiny amount of leftover milk in my fridge, with 1 tsp PerfecTEA rock sugar from Teavana. It tastes like a tea is meant to taste, simple, yet satisfying. Honestly, one of my favorite blacks of all time, and I work at Teavana, I get crap for buying the ‘cheap tea’ but honestly, I love a good cup of this to keep me going.

Subtle black tea taste. If you let sit to oxidize just a little the malty taste comes out and it’s very very good. Very subtle caramel tones but black tea sharpness nonetheless. I look forward to the second steep for sure.

Not a fan. I found it distasteful in the extreme. Will not purchase again.

Working and functional. Fuel without distraction or inspiration. It lives as sustenance and delivers in a satisfactory way.

Personally, I find this tea to mostly taste like dirt. It’s just kind of bland and awful. Now, granted, it’s been quite a while since I’ve had it, but I try to avoid selling people this like the plague.

This is a pretty good tea, but to me it’s not really an English Breakfast tea. EB is usually a little malty Assam mixed with a bright/citrusy Ceylon (Sri Lankan) or African tea. I asked the Teavana clerk and she said this was 100% Rwandan origin. It’s very bright/citrusy, almost tangy, without much underlying malt character. I enjoy it, and despite being one of the cheapest teas at Teavana, it’s good quality. However, when I want real English Breakfast flavor I go with another tea. I’ve read other reviews that said this tea is different than it was in the past. I wonder if Teavana went from a classic blend to 100% African. This is great if you like bright Ceylon-type teas, though. I like to imagine the misty green mountains of Rwanda at sunrise where this tea grows as I drink it.

I like basic black teas in the morning and this is a perfect one to wake me up. I can’t say there is anything overly special about this tea, but it’s just pleasing to my taste buds.

I tend to stay away from Teavana, but it’s my only local tea shop and I was craving something simple for a good iced tea. This was it.

I was pleasantly surprised by this, actually. Now, I won’t go into my ethical grievances with the company, but I will say that I’ve tasted their tea samples and they’re all basically colored sugar water – not so with this tea. It’s very good, and the fresh, unsweetened iced tea it made really hit the spot. I’d buy it again.