English Breakfast (High Grown)

Floral, Earth, Honey, Malt, Pleasantly Sour, Baked Bread
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From Teavana

Full-bodied infusion with malty and oaky undertones

This hidden treasure of royal lineage raises this most beloved morning black tea to new heights. Each sip unfolds to reveal the complexity of the high grown full leaves. Feel like royalty with this elegantly time-honored classic and add a majestic nod to every cup.

Ingredients: Black tea

How To Steep
2 Perfectea Scoops – Scoop loose leaf tea into infuser.
205°F – Heat fresh (preferably filtered) water.
8 fl oz – Pour water over sachet in cup.
3 min – Stay close to this steep time for optimal flavor.
3-5 steeps – Use again and again, you can steep this tea 3-5 times.

Blends Well With
Earl Grey White Tea
Honeybush Vanilla Herbal Tea

About Teavana View company

Can’t believe it’s my 400th tasting note already! Well, I did drink a ton of tea trying to survive NaNoWriMo. Tried this at a Starbucks. It was surprisingly acidic, but on the other hand, they did use 2 teabags, and considering how huge they were, 1 would probably have been plenty. Otherwise a quite decent flavorful English Breakfast.

tea-sipper

Happy 400!

Fjellrev

Yay, 400! Congrats!

Tamarindel

Thank you! I was kind of surprised, it doesn’t really feel like that many :)

I get a bit of sourness out of this, some malt and honey tones to finish off…earthy throughout. Better if brewed with a little bit less tea than others imo.

Flavors: Earth, Honey, Malt, Pleasantly Sour

I’ve recently converted to tea after being forced to abandon my beloved coffee addiction. This is my first English Breakfast. So they may all taste like this I don’t know. This tea is beautifully mellow. It kind of tastes like honey. I freaking love it.

Flavors: Honey

Picked this up at the store the other day. It was super cheap ($4.50/50g!!) and I’m lacking in black with milk options at home. Worth the risk even though EBs are such wild cards for me. I figured if it wasn’t great, I’d make iced tea with it. Fortunately, it is surprisingly good. Malty, bready, a little sweet on its own. I hope they keep this around for awhile, as I haven’t seen any cheaper alternatives (that I actually enjoy this much)
I’m not sure if this is what I bought though. The sticker just says “English Breakfast” with nothing about high grown or royal etc (the other Teavana EB out there).
Bah, what do I care… I just scammed them. Well not really. Let me have this… Heh.

I bought a lot of this a couple months ago, and kind of forgot that I had it. It’s not super strong, but strong enough. It’s so smooth and enjoyable to drink. Now that I’ve had straight Nilgiri tea, I can taste the Nilgiri in this one…mixes nicely with the Assam to create a balanced full-bodied tea that is not bitter at all. This is a good one for days like today when I get to sleep late…I’ll still rely on the Assam teas for all the early days. :P Happy Saturday, everyone!

Was a classic English Breakfast Tea. Very strong and somewhat bitter but very nice was Truvia.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

1932 tasting notes

You know that first cold front of the fall season that sneaks in quietly overnight and you wake up and the temps have dropped and it feels like the whole world is going, “ahhhhhh, finally!” …that feeling? Yeah.

At any rate, a morning so pleasant deserves something better than the elderly dregs I’ve been grabbing on the way out the door. This English Breakfast is better. With a 3-minute steep, I’m getting a little sweetness in it. Carbs with just a drop of honey. My general opinion of Teavana has always been “more flash than substance,” but I’ll have to alter that judgment on their EB.

K S

I went in Teavana once just to see if I got hassled like others complain about. I didn’t (is that good or bad?) but the prices are way to out there for me.

gmathis

This one is in the lower end of their price spectrum; pleasantly so.

I like this tea. Not too brisk, astringent or earthy like other harney & sons teas I have tried. Great flavor to my tea palate! Haven’t found any straight black tea I like better yet.

Uniquity

That may be because this is a blend of ceylon, nilgiri and indian teas. You likely won’t find a single origin tea that tastes like this but you might want to keep trying unflavoured teas from India, Nilgiri and Ceylon/Sri Lanka.

This is an average tasting English Breakfast. It’s nothing to celebrate over, but it will never let you down. I always take it with milk and no sugar. If i had to complain about one thing, it would be that this tea does not re-steep as well as some other EB’s. Overall this is a pleasant tasting tea with a great malty, bready aroma that fills up a room.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Malt

0 OZ / 0 ML

Love it, I just wanted to do a little black tea before popping onto my RA duties, I used a tiny amount of leftover milk in my fridge, with 1 tsp PerfecTEA rock sugar from Teavana. It tastes like a tea is meant to taste, simple, yet satisfying. Honestly, one of my favorite blacks of all time, and I work at Teavana, I get crap for buying the ‘cheap tea’ but honestly, I love a good cup of this to keep me going.