English Breakfast (High Grown)

Baked Bread, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From Teavana

Full-bodied infusion with malty and oaky undertones

This hidden treasure of royal lineage raises this most beloved morning black tea to new heights. Each sip unfolds to reveal the complexity of the high grown full leaves. Feel like royalty with this elegantly time-honored classic and add a majestic nod to every cup.

Ingredients: Black tea

How To Steep
2 Perfectea Scoops – Scoop loose leaf tea into infuser.
205°F – Heat fresh (preferably filtered) water.
8 fl oz – Pour water over sachet in cup.
3 min – Stay close to this steep time for optimal flavor.
3-5 steeps – Use again and again, you can steep this tea 3-5 times.

Blends Well With
Earl Grey White Tea
Honeybush Vanilla Herbal Tea

About Teavana View company

Was a classic English Breakfast Tea. Very strong and somewhat bitter but very nice was Truvia.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

You know that first cold front of the fall season that sneaks in quietly overnight and you wake up and the temps have dropped and it feels like the whole world is going, “ahhhhhh, finally!” …that feeling? Yeah.

At any rate, a morning so pleasant deserves something better than the elderly dregs I’ve been grabbing on the way out the door. This English Breakfast is better. With a 3-minute steep, I’m getting a little sweetness in it. Carbs with just a drop of honey. My general opinion of Teavana has always been “more flash than substance,” but I’ll have to alter that judgment on their EB.

I went in Teavana once just to see if I got hassled like others complain about. I didn’t (is that good or bad?) but the prices are way to out there for me.

This one is in the lower end of their price spectrum; pleasantly so.

I like this tea. Not too brisk, astringent or earthy like other harney & sons teas I have tried. Great flavor to my tea palate! Haven’t found any straight black tea I like better yet.

That may be because this is a blend of ceylon, nilgiri and indian teas. You likely won’t find a single origin tea that tastes like this but you might want to keep trying unflavoured teas from India, Nilgiri and Ceylon/Sri Lanka.

This is an average tasting English Breakfast. It’s nothing to celebrate over, but it will never let you down. I always take it with milk and no sugar. If i had to complain about one thing, it would be that this tea does not re-steep as well as some other EB’s. Overall this is a pleasant tasting tea with a great malty, bready aroma that fills up a room.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Malt

0 OZ / 0 ML

Love it, I just wanted to do a little black tea before popping onto my RA duties, I used a tiny amount of leftover milk in my fridge, with 1 tsp PerfecTEA rock sugar from Teavana. It tastes like a tea is meant to taste, simple, yet satisfying. Honestly, one of my favorite blacks of all time, and I work at Teavana, I get crap for buying the ‘cheap tea’ but honestly, I love a good cup of this to keep me going.

Subtle black tea taste. If you let sit to oxidize just a little the malty taste comes out and it’s very very good. Very subtle caramel tones but black tea sharpness nonetheless. I look forward to the second steep for sure.

Not a fan. I found it distasteful in the extreme. Will not purchase again.

Working and functional. Fuel without distraction or inspiration. It lives as sustenance and delivers in a satisfactory way.

Personally, I find this tea to mostly taste like dirt. It’s just kind of bland and awful. Now, granted, it’s been quite a while since I’ve had it, but I try to avoid selling people this like the plague.

This is a pretty good tea, but to me it’s not really an English Breakfast tea. EB is usually a little malty Assam mixed with a bright/citrusy Ceylon (Sri Lankan) or African tea. I asked the Teavana clerk and she said this was 100% Rwandan origin. It’s very bright/citrusy, almost tangy, without much underlying malt character. I enjoy it, and despite being one of the cheapest teas at Teavana, it’s good quality. However, when I want real English Breakfast flavor I go with another tea. I’ve read other reviews that said this tea is different than it was in the past. I wonder if Teavana went from a classic blend to 100% African. This is great if you like bright Ceylon-type teas, though. I like to imagine the misty green mountains of Rwanda at sunrise where this tea grows as I drink it.