English Breakfast (High Grown)

Baked Bread, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

From Teavana

A flavourful and popular blend of full-leaf, high-grown Assam, Nilgiri, and Ceylon black teas. English breakfast blend is a perpetual morning-time companion to tea lovers everywhere. And the gentle caffeine content will help wake you up without making you as jittery as coffee.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and let steep for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
A mixture of Assam, Nilgiri, and Ceylon black teas.

This tea blends well with:
White Ayurvedic Chai Tea
Spice of Life® White Tea
MatéVana® Herbal Tea
Honeybush Vanilla Herbal Tea

About Teavana View company

In March a friend trying to turn me on to loose-leaf tea gifted me with a variety of teas. This was the very first one I ever tried. I did like it—its very mellow and enjoyable, and supposed to be ideal with milk. But I found it was soon overshadowed my the other teas my friend gifted me with—two kinds of Darjeeling and Assams, and a Hong Mao Feng. I tend to prefer my tea drunk plain, with just a bit of sweetener, so maybe that put my liking of it at a disadvantage since without milk compared to those other Black teas this comes across as rather bland, and not something I want to spend my own money on when the supplies gifted me run out. Not when there’s Darjeeling and Assam to be had.

I’ve tried Teavana’s English Breakfast tea a couple of different times. It’s a nice-looking, almost-whole-leaf black tea, and it smells good – although not particularly intense. It also is the least expensive tea they offer at $3.80 US for 2 ounces. I have found that the clerks will often try to steer customers away from this tea, possibly because it’s not as good in terms of profit, but maybe because it’s just not that great. It tastes pretty much like you’d expect an English breakfast tea to taste, but because the leaves are larger than Twining’s loose tea or other loose teas I have tried, it takes longer to steep the tea to a proper brew… 5 minutes or so, in my experience. I haven’t yet tried their other straight black teas, some of which run $15-$18 for two ounces (!) but this one is not as good as most other breakfast teas I have had, despite the premium price and the whole-leaf nature of the tea. I’d prefer any of the other major tea producers to this one, actually, unless you absolutely are looking for a full-leaf tea. It just wasn’t great… certainly less exciting than I expected, coming from Teavana.

I had this tea lastnight and I thought it was okay. I will drink it again but I do like the Irish breakfast alot better.

Simple, bold, and delicious. Want that brassy, malty black tea taste with a good caffeine kick in the morning? Here you go.

While it only stands up to 1-2 infusions at most, when you can buy a half a pound of this stuff at about $12, this is definitely one of the best teas you can buy if you’re on a tight budget. My fiancé devours this tea.

I don’t add milk or sweetener to any teas, and sometimes English breakfast blends have a bitter aftertaste. This one has a remarkable sweet flavor. Very very malty yet mellow. I went through this very fast. The flavor makes this very worthy for the price asked.

Ran out of sugar but I watched a video about 100 cats let loose in an Ikea, so today has sort of balanced out.

This tea is strong enough for my ‘I don’t want to do anything but have to get up for class’ mornings when I have forgotten to set up my coffee maker the night before. And it’s something I can easily afford as a college student.

Yummy stuff. Perfect blend of bitter and smooth.