English Breakfast (High Grown)

Baked Bread, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From Teavana

Full-bodied infusion with malty and oaky undertones

This hidden treasure of royal lineage raises this most beloved morning black tea to new heights. Each sip unfolds to reveal the complexity of the high grown full leaves. Feel like royalty with this elegantly time-honored classic and add a majestic nod to every cup.

Ingredients: Black tea

How To Steep
2 Perfectea Scoops – Scoop loose leaf tea into infuser.
205°F – Heat fresh (preferably filtered) water.
8 fl oz – Pour water over sachet in cup.
3 min – Stay close to this steep time for optimal flavor.
3-5 steeps – Use again and again, you can steep this tea 3-5 times.

Blends Well With
Earl Grey White Tea
Honeybush Vanilla Herbal Tea

About Teavana View company

I like basic black teas in the morning and this is a perfect one to wake me up. I can’t say there is anything overly special about this tea, but it’s just pleasing to my taste buds.

I tend to stay away from Teavana, but it’s my only local tea shop and I was craving something simple for a good iced tea. This was it.

I was pleasantly surprised by this, actually. Now, I won’t go into my ethical grievances with the company, but I will say that I’ve tasted their tea samples and they’re all basically colored sugar water – not so with this tea. It’s very good, and the fresh, unsweetened iced tea it made really hit the spot. I’d buy it again.

In March a friend trying to turn me on to loose-leaf tea gifted me with a variety of teas. This was the very first one I ever tried. I did like it—its very mellow and enjoyable, and supposed to be ideal with milk. But I found it was soon overshadowed my the other teas my friend gifted me with—two kinds of Darjeeling and Assams, and a Hong Mao Feng. I tend to prefer my tea drunk plain, with just a bit of sweetener, so maybe that put my liking of it at a disadvantage since without milk compared to those other Black teas this comes across as rather bland, and not something I want to spend my own money on when the supplies gifted me run out. Not when there’s Darjeeling and Assam to be had.

I’ve tried Teavana’s English Breakfast tea a couple of different times. It’s a nice-looking, almost-whole-leaf black tea, and it smells good – although not particularly intense. It also is the least expensive tea they offer at $3.80 US for 2 ounces. I have found that the clerks will often try to steer customers away from this tea, possibly because it’s not as good in terms of profit, but maybe because it’s just not that great. It tastes pretty much like you’d expect an English breakfast tea to taste, but because the leaves are larger than Twining’s loose tea or other loose teas I have tried, it takes longer to steep the tea to a proper brew… 5 minutes or so, in my experience. I haven’t yet tried their other straight black teas, some of which run $15-$18 for two ounces (!) but this one is not as good as most other breakfast teas I have had, despite the premium price and the whole-leaf nature of the tea. I’d prefer any of the other major tea producers to this one, actually, unless you absolutely are looking for a full-leaf tea. It just wasn’t great… certainly less exciting than I expected, coming from Teavana.

I had this tea lastnight and I thought it was okay. I will drink it again but I do like the Irish breakfast alot better.

Simple, bold, and delicious. Want that brassy, malty black tea taste with a good caffeine kick in the morning? Here you go.

While it only stands up to 1-2 infusions at most, when you can buy a half a pound of this stuff at about $12, this is definitely one of the best teas you can buy if you’re on a tight budget. My fiancé devours this tea.

I don’t add milk or sweetener to any teas, and sometimes English breakfast blends have a bitter aftertaste. This one has a remarkable sweet flavor. Very very malty yet mellow. I went through this very fast. The flavor makes this very worthy for the price asked.

Ran out of sugar but I watched a video about 100 cats let loose in an Ikea, so today has sort of balanced out.

This tea is strong enough for my ‘I don’t want to do anything but have to get up for class’ mornings when I have forgotten to set up my coffee maker the night before. And it’s something I can easily afford as a college student.