Zingiber Ginger Coconut

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Almond, Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut Chips, Ginger Pieces, Red Rooibos
Coconut, Cinnamon, Cream
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaRawcs

• “Wow is this good! Thank you *Jaime* for sharing this with me. It is like drinking an exotic cup of cider. The mouthfeel is very similar to apple cider. I got loads of sweet coconut and a nice...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “This one courtesy of the quiet life!!! (you should see the adorable little tins she put the samples in!!!) This is delicious!!!! It tastes to me like cinnamony amaretto. I didn't get a lot of...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “So this generous sample came from *Ze_Teamaker* - thank you! I am enjoying this today like a chai, it's nice with soymilk and some turbinado sugar. I'm getting a nice bit of ginger, cardamom and...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2345 tasting notes
  • “Life update: I got a 4.0 this semester! This brings my GPA up to 3.81. I'm getting there! I talked to my professor yesterday and wow, do I have a long road ahead of me. I'm still planning on...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 535 tasting notes

From Teavana

The exotic blend of ginger, coconut and spicy black pepper complements our robust red rooibos in this caffeine-free Ayurvedic blend. It provides a delicious departure from the ordinary.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to just boiling (208 degrees) and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Red Rooibos, coconut chips, ginger bits, cinnamon, apples, cardamom, black pepper and almonds. Contains nuts.

This tea blends well with:
White Ayurvedic Chai Tea

About Teavana View company

I hate ginger. Yes, I do. Hate it. Had I known this tea had ginger in it, I wouldn’t have bought it.

Why’d I buy it? The salesgirl took the lid off the tin, fanned the smell towards me, and told me it tasted like a snickerdoodle. Yes, thank you, I’ll have 2 oz.

And it does taste like a snickerdoodle. I don’t notice the ginger at all. It’s creamy and coconutty and lovely. A very nice tea after a long day of work. I brew it for 10 minutes.

Boiling 8 min or more
Meghann M

I really must remember to get this tea next time. Snickerdoodle? Sounds great for the upcoming fall!

Jaime

It would be a great fall tea! I’m about 4 hours away from the closest Teavana, so I’m hoping I don’t run out before I get more.

And if you like cookie-flavored teas, Almond Cookie from the Spice and Tea Exchange is amazing. I nearly cried when I ran out. Seriously.

Meghann M

I may have to try that one as well. I have an Almond Biscotti from Teavana which is amazing, I will have to buy a full lb if it ever is discontinued. Is the rooibos a strong taste in the zinzibar ginger? I’m not a huge fan of red rooibos but haven’t tried any of teavanas.

Jaime

You can definitely tell it’s there, but it’s not the dominant flavor. If you’d like, I could send you some to try out.

Meghann M

If it’s not a problem that would be great. Can I send you anything in return?

Jaime

Not a problem at all! Will pm you!

I decided to finish off the rest of my Teavana Zingiber Ginger Coconut tonight (sipdown alert!), as I was craving ginger.

I used the second half of the bronze envelope, so .5 ounce, in a large Bodum cylinder filled about two-thirds. This is how I like ginger blends: strong, with a very declarative bite to it. What makes this particular ginger infusion so unique is the coconut, but I really do consider this to be first and foremost a ginger brew.

I might buy this one again sometime…

Boiling 7 min, 45 sec 14 g 20 OZ / 591 ML

Restocked this one today. Mmmm :) pretty delicious.

Tea #2 from Another Traveling Tea Box

It’s late and I have a headache and a tummyache, but that’s okay because tea pretty much fixes everything.

This tea is one of those that’s quite good, as long as you don’t know what it was supposed to be. It’s like a full-bodied amaretto (or maybe even a little marzipan-y) dessert rooibos. The coconut seems to give it a lovely creaminess and the black pepper a nice zip at the end of the sip if I’m looking for it, but otherwise I can’t really pick out the individual components.

The only thing I don’t particularly care for is the bubblemint gum rooibos aftertaste. I can’t be the only one that gets that with certain rooibos blends, right?

I got this in a swap with Lori. Thanks Lori! Like JacquelineM mentioned this is totally like amaretto, Yea! I had a cup last night and this morning I mixed a little with my morning mate for a strong cup. It’s quite enjoyable but it is sweet so if your not into sweet rooibos you might not like this cuppa but the flavors are great I taste the coconut and a hint, a very slight hint of ginger I’m not picking up on the cardamom but I think I might also taste the apple. It’s a nice change! Thanks Lori and what a generous sample!

Update: I was watching TV and all of a sudden it hit me I need tea! I thought for a minute about it and said oh, oh, oh I want Zingiber Ginger Coconut because I wanted something that tasted like a desert and this is totally like and Amaretto flavored dessert YUM!

Lori

No problem ! And this is a very good tea! AND decaff!

SoccerMom

It is a good tea and I totally love that it’s decaf! I’ve noticed that as my interest in tea grows, I need to start finding more decaf’s that I might enjoy. It is hard to kick my caffeine addiction but when you are staring up at the ceiling at 3:30am listening to your hubby and dog snore one soon realizes decaf might not be a bad idea .:))

Tea #11 from Another Traveling Tea Box

I decided to make this my final cup of the day, I’m going to head to bed early, or what counts as early for me. I thought this tea had a bit of an odd flavor to it and I can’t tell where it is coming from, maybe the cardamom? I haven’t had it enough to really recognize the flavor.

The coconut thankfully doesn’t really stand out at all, it just lends a bit of sweetness to the blend. The ginger and black pepper give this a bit of a bite and I really liked that. Who knew that I would like black pepper in my tea? It seems like such an odd addition. I think this makes a nice autumn tea since it has a variety of spices, but I still don’t care for it that much because of the odd unidentifiable flavor I keep getting.

This is the tea that started me on this tea journey. She bought it for me as a Christmas present last year, and I loved it so much that I promptly started exploring other flavoured tea’s and my obsession has grown from there.

I bought this a couple of times, but it’s time to lay to rest for a while. I’ve finished the last of the sample. I think though, somewhere down the road I’ll probably repurchase it.

It’s got a bit of creaminess from the coconut, but what hooked me on to this was the peppery bite at the end of the sip. I still love it.

I think I’ll always have a fondness for this blend, just because it’s the one that introduced me to loose leaf tea and got me hooked.

I have to apologize (mainly to myself) for not logging or even drinking much tea lately. I’m in a funk it seems, a combination of the heat, a kitchen that never manages to get fully clean, depression and working a few days at Teavana. I just haven’t felt like brewing most of July, which is a shame as I have a bunch of new Verdant Teas waiting to be tried :( Hopefully August will be a better month, but I’m not off to a good start, only drinking at work.

So this used to be one of my favorite dessert teas at work, I never bought any (heck I never bought any tea from work unless it was on sale) so I haven’t had any since April if not before then. Apparently it is now being promoted as a “top tier blend” with Maharaja Chai Oolong (another old favorite of mine). Our AGM made it for me with sugar of course, but it was good. Wafting the two teas together smells divine and it would be hard for any chai lover to resist, which is the point, its suggested for those that already love the Samurai/Ayurvedic combo. There are other suggestions for the samples that I am apparently going to have to learn, but that’s one I had several guests already coming back for, having smelled it early in the week. Sigh. Such mixed feelings, but tis a job.

A sample from denisend. The temperatures in Kansas City just jumped from 70’s to 90’s, so the last thing I can think about are hot teas – I made up a batch of this iced. I can taste ginger, creamy coconut, and a background fruitiness. Seeing all the giant cardamon pods in the mix just thrilled me, the spiciness is great. I’m looking forward to trying this hot!

Lisbet

I may have to brave my dislike of Teavana to try some of this.

Another delish cuppa!!! So very very good! Everything mingles together quite nicely and the spice isn’t overwhelming which makes this perfect for anytime of the day. Another staple in my cupboard. And another kudos to Meghann for the sample. Yummers!!

Ellen