Zingiber Ginger Coconut

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Almond, Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut Chips, Ginger Pieces, Red Rooibos
Coconut, Cinnamon, Cream
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaRawcs

• “Wow is this good! Thank you *Jaime* for sharing this with me. It is like drinking an exotic cup of cider. The mouthfeel is very similar to apple cider. I got loads of sweet coconut and a nice...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “This one courtesy of the quiet life!!! (you should see the adorable little tins she put the samples in!!!) This is delicious!!!! It tastes to me like cinnamony amaretto. I didn't get a lot of...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “So this generous sample came from *Ze_Teamaker* - thank you! I am enjoying this today like a chai, it's nice with soymilk and some turbinado sugar. I'm getting a nice bit of ginger, cardamom and...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2338 tasting notes
  • “Life update: I got a 4.0 this semester! This brings my GPA up to 3.81. I'm getting there! I talked to my professor yesterday and wow, do I have a long road ahead of me. I'm still planning on...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 535 tasting notes

From Teavana

The exotic blend of ginger, coconut and spicy black pepper complements our robust red rooibos in this caffeine-free Ayurvedic blend. It provides a delicious departure from the ordinary.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to just boiling (208 degrees) and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Red Rooibos, coconut chips, ginger bits, cinnamon, apples, cardamom, black pepper and almonds. Contains nuts.

This tea blends well with:
White Ayurvedic Chai Tea

About Teavana View company

I am normally very picky about my ginger blends. I find there is a very fine line between being delicious, and being obnoxious… delicious- davids strawberry ginger, tealish ginger sparkle.. obnoxious, sweet ginger heat from davids…. this one is more on the delicious side. The creaminess of the coconut tames the ginger.. and the red rooibos gives it a nice smooth finish.. i quite enjoyed it… i didn`t get much of the apple, or cardamom notes on this steep though!

JustJames

yay! so glad you like it!!!

Aimee Popovacki

its strange, but definitely a good strange!

Picked this one up on a recent trip into the mall. I guess it’s part of the interesting dichotomy about Teavana is you switch a few ingredients…and you have a different Teavana tea. For instance take the Cha Yen Thai. Subtract the black tea and pineapple and add apple and voila Zinginber Ginger. However this is not a bad thing cause the Cha Yen is hands down one of my favorite teas. Enjoying it after father’s day lunch with my wife and daughter. MMMMM baby back ribs and tea. Yes a good day indeed.

I’ve noticed a few people mention the pushiness of the Teavana Sales Associates, and not saying I don’t believe them, (Generally have had my fair share of pushy associates.) But the 5 times that I’ve been to my nearest Teavana’s the SA’s have been friendly, helpful but not pushy. Easygoing in the 3 I’ve met so far too.

So far, the Zingiber Ginger is my favorite tea from Teavana’s. I’m looking forward to getting more, because I am almost out! In fact I am brewing some right now, wanted to try adjusting steep time to see if more flavor kicks in, I think I’ll try for 8 minutes………
Also going to either try and grab the water before it beeps, (variable temp elec kettle.) or let it come down a bit before pouring……
OK, back. Results: It tastes creamier, like not quite as blunt, which is not bad, but can’t say I really like it that way, unless I am drinking it instead of hot cocoa. Ahh well.

Boiling 8 min or more

Ottawa Teas gifted me this one! Yay! :D I really love this blend. It’s spicy and sweet, with just a hint of fruitiness. It’s like chai meats a gingerbread cookie. I imagine this would be good sweetened, but I tend not to do that. This will be great encouragement to stick with my end-of semester work and not give up even though it’s Friday afternoon and I want to relax. Less than 10 pages more to read! Am loving this as an after dinner dessert tea. I think I could drink many mugfulls of this during the winter.

Kristin

I’m travelling next week on business and there is a teavana in the area. Perhaps I’ll pick this up. Any other suggestions?

Lisbet

Hmmmm if you liked the Ayurvedic white chai that one was pretty good too. I haven’t tried many of their blends because I’ve had such bad customer service experiences there, but I have two more new ones to try so maybe I’ll like those and be able to recommend them.

This mildly spicy, but smooth tasting brew sits easy on the palate and the aroma pleases the senses.

The leaves are clearly a mound of red rooibos. Large coconut chips, ginger bits, apple chunks, black peppercorns and almonds create a menagerie of fun colorful activity. The dry aroma carries the peppercorn, cinnamon and cardamom rather nicely.

Once brewed the liquor shows nice brilliant red and gives a sweeter aroma with notes of spiciness and hints at a milky texture. The flavor comes out slightly nutty with heavy notes of spiciness and a touch of coconut sweetness.

I would recommend this tea if you enjoy chai.

It’s all gone now!! I always seem to go through the non-caffeinated teas much quicker than the ones with caffeine. Guess it doesn’t take a genius to figure out why!

I’m adding this to the shopping list. With some sweetener and creamer, it’s a great evening treat.

One of the first teavana teas that I loved. I think I may have to place an order with them just for this. The flavor was amazing. The berry and ginger definitely outshined the coconut. Thanks Kallieboo! for sharing. Second steep was still ginger overload which was nice.

This just might be my favorite Teavana offering so far. I had high hopes for this tea, given the intoxicating aroma from the dried mixture, and thankfully it delivered in flavor.
There is a definite amaretto flavor with a touch of cardamom and coconut. I enjoyed it this morning with a touch of coconut milk creamer and rock sugar.
I will definitely be picking up more of this wonderful tea.

Rachel Sincere

This is one of my favorites and the only tisane I drink (besides Fava Tea’s Sore Throat Soother when I’m sick).

Received a lovely sample of this from Ian! Thanks!

I haven’t had rooibos in a while, as it’s not my favorite, but I was craving it tonight so I decided to brew this. It’s okay. I really like coconut, but I don’t do well with spice, so I wish there wasn’t such a strong ginger taste. It’s decent, but not something I’d buy.

Wow, I’m really impressed. I’ve never had a rooibos tea before that really surprised me, until this one! It’s spicy and coconutty and I love it!! I’m glad to see that they still sell it on their website.. I need more of this!
Thanks Meghann!