Zingiber Ginger Coconut

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Almond, Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut Chips, Ginger Pieces, Red Rooibos
Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut, Cherry, Cream
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaRawcs

From Teavana

The exotic blend of ginger, coconut and spicy black pepper complements our robust red rooibos in this caffeine-free Ayurvedic blend. It provides a delicious departure from the ordinary.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to just boiling (208 degrees) and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Red Rooibos, coconut chips, ginger bits, cinnamon, apples, cardamom, black pepper and almonds. Contains nuts.

This tea blends well with:
White Ayurvedic Chai Tea

About Teavana View company

I just love how this tea smells, it’s by far my favorite in that aspect, I could keep on smelling it forever. Tastewise I don’t feel the flavor is as strong as the smell, but a little sugar helps a lot in improving the taste.
I’ll stop writing this review and go for another cup right now.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 4 g 14 OZ / 414 ML

Yes – this one’s a winner for me! Quite unique – almonds and …. something. Don’t know if it’s the ginger or not. I used a heaping teaspoon of rock sugar for a 16 oz. brew, which is a bit more than I usually do. Very enjoyable tea that I will be keeping on my shelf.

This came in the Teavana holiday collection with cute little tins! I taste the rooibos and something else that I couldn’t put my finger on. Not really coconut or ginger. Maybe it was the combo of the two. I had to come look at the packaging to see what was in it. Apple! Yep I taste the apple on the back side of this. Has a cherry taste to me but no cherries in it. First cup I tried it with honey. Second cup with rock sugar. I did like this tea. But I won’t search it out to replace it.

Flavors: Apple, Cherry

TeaTiff

This is actually one of my favorite rooibos blends. I usually mix it with a tsp of sugar and add about 2oz of milk to a mug (16oz).

Kyla Covington Abercrombie

I’ll try it with milk next time. Thanks!

This is a fun tea – hints of spices and coconut. It is good alone or mixed with some Chai tea. A nice tea for a Fall evening.

This dry tea smells truly amazing. Once brewed though, it had an aroma that’s very unpleasant to me. The flavor is just like the aroma. It reminds m of something unpleasant from my past.

My BF loves it and is insisting we buy more. He drank his cup, and then mine. I guess it’s a hit with one of us.

I’m splitting our ratings and ending with an average.

hapatite

I love this tea’s smell and the idea of it, but I just don’t like rooibos!

Sarsonator

I haven’t had any issues with rooibos in general. Something was just off about this one, to me. As I mention, my boyfriend absolutely loved it! Thanks for sending it. He’s very happy! LOL!

I have this theory: I don’t really like coconut in my tea. This blend seems to be popular, but I really wasn’t into it. There was “just something about it” that wasn’t sitting well, and I have thought this about other blends. I am starting to think the common denominator is coconut… stick with me, we’ll test that theory.
It is hard to objectively review the positives, because it certainly has potential, when I am so stuck on that “something” that I don’t like… Perhaps I shall keep it simple and leave it at: Not my cup of tea.

Sore throat saver! This tea is great. Throw a little honey in and you’ve got yourself a sickness cure.

This (currently) my favorite tea. The coconut flavor is strong but the ginger and spices come through really well – I’m not sure I detect almond or apple, but the chai type pepper/cardamom/cinnamon mashup is delightful! My husband bought this for me for Christmas and I’ve re-upped twice already

Flavors: Coconut

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Thanks to Hubby for this one, picked it up on my first trip to a Teavana… not too many loose tea options in my neck of the woods and eager to smell, try, or buy something and have some kind of tea shop experience. He was more than gracious in making the hour long trek with me to see what it was all about. I’m not going to say I’m eager to go back there, but I was grateful for the trip as it gave me some perspective on what tea buying can be like (hopeful to find some great shops on future vacations!). I could see Chicago (3 hrs away) in my future, but somehow me thinks that may not happen… I have to have a reason besides tea shopping. Married 18 years and only 1 trip to Chicago, oh wait 2 (forgot when we were in college and went to the art museum). We do go places, but not there.

Anyway, it’s hard to buy teas based on descriptions and smells, I want to try them, and I’d not had an experience like this one before. I’ve been to The Tea & Spice Exchange before, but only once looking at teas (& a very limited selection), previous times looking for spices. They have containers you can pick up and smell on your own, and then pre-packaged sizes available to purchase. No worrying about weighing things out unless you buy an odd amount, which you can do if you want.

I wasn’t sure what to think of this tea at first. In the shop it smelled spicy and sweet, and coconutty, but since they just waft the scent towards you with the lid, it’s hard to really get the fragrance. I like all those things in tea, spice, sweet, coconut… and this was a plus that it was caffeine free, yeah evening tea! When I got it home and opened the bag, the scent was much more pungent, in your face, kind of smell… almost overwhelming.

I decided to give this a try the other night. I was is a very potent blend like I expected. I under leafed a bit to err on the side of drinkable.. I guess I could’ve just added more water had I needed to. I found this tea to be thick coconut, ginger, spice… good, but almost over the top, and I love me some spice… Like I’m finding of most of the Teavana blends. I’m thinking I may enjoy this more as a latte or cut with another plain or mild base tea (like vanilla rooibos or just some black to give some richness without added flavor). I’m thinking if I just cut back on the tea itself, it will become a watered down undrinkable cup.

The jury is still out on this one. I think I can like it if I can find the right mix for me. After all… it’s spice and coconut!!… Ok, so no chocolate (or peppermint) in this one… but you can’t have everything you like in one cup!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
MissB

Like we discussed, I’m finding Teavana more and more undrinkable, only because it’s a lot of ‘stuff’ and less tea each time I go in. It’ll be fun to see how this grows on you! :)

Suziqzer

I’m not sure if it will grow on me or not.. I might just be hopeful… Time will tell!

EvaGrimm

I went into Teavana today to buy a little of their new marshmallowy tea to try and ended up ordering a mix of the Caramel Almond Amaretti & Zingiber Ginger Coconut as a hot beverage. With a little sugar (of course) it was pretty tasty. :)