Zingiber Ginger Coconut

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Almond, Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut Chips, Ginger Pieces, Red Rooibos
Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut, Cherry, Cream
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaRawcs

From Teavana

The exotic blend of ginger, coconut and spicy black pepper complements our robust red rooibos in this caffeine-free Ayurvedic blend. It provides a delicious departure from the ordinary.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to just boiling (208 degrees) and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Red Rooibos, coconut chips, ginger bits, cinnamon, apples, cardamom, black pepper and almonds. Contains nuts.

This tea blends well with:
White Ayurvedic Chai Tea

About Teavana View company

A new acquisition as of today, and I’m super glad I went for it! I hadn’t tried this one before, even though I’m pretty sure my hubby, a former Teavana employee, told me I would like it. I haven’t been a big fan of ginger until recently, which may have had something to do with that.

ANYWAY. The loose leaf smells intoxicatingly of coconut and cream and almond, with none of the metallic notes of rooibos—promising! I made myself a cup as soon as I got home, using Teavana’s recommended parameters.

I got mostly coconut from the flavor, with a hint of spice in the aftertaste. I could taste the ginger ever so slightly in the beginning, when it was still hot, but alas, now that it has cooled, the ginger flavor has pretty much disappeared. I still really like the flavor and the creamy mouthfeel. But it gets a less-than-perfect rating because of the absent ginger.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Once again, I’ve gone far too long without a review. Naughty me! To further illustrate my naughtiness, I realized that I had started cold steeping this and forgot about it for days :( I decided to sadly trash the fridge’s ware and ended up inspired to make and ice a fresh cup.

I was excited because the tea ended up an absolutely gorgeous color. It looked like orange soda. I took a tentative sip and, yep, definitely ginger coconut, ha.

When I went downstairs I set my tea down on the windowsill. When I glanced at it I saw my Lloyd figurine seemed to be cautiously inspecting it. Accidental hilarity. http://tinypic.com/r/9jiyyr/8

Anyway, tasty as always :)

Flavors: Coconut

I’m not much of a creamy/nutty tea fan, as I usually prefer fruitier teas, but this was absolutely delicious! I put a little sweetener in and enjoyed it luke warm; I am excited to try it as a cold tea. It tastes a bit like mulling spice with a hint of coconut – sooooo delicious! Very good as cold tea with no sweetener!

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

By far one of the most complicate flavor I had encountered. It’s a little off IMO, don’t know if it’s because of the abundance of coconut shavings or what. I got this on clearance and couldn’t return it, so I played around with it a little bit.

I mixed 1/2 tsp of Spiced Apple Cider and 1/2 Samurai Chai Mate and 1/2 Six Summits Oolong and oh boy I felt like a tea goddess that just created the most beautiful winter or after meal tea. I no longer get that weird coconut after taste.

I’m withholding a rating on this tea but it truly seemed like a hot cup of cherry amaretto to me, not ginger coconut. I will try again while increasing the amount of leaves. I did 2 tsp for 13 oz and it certainly was not enough. However, I imagine that iced, this would be a wonderful cherry amaretto substitute or perhaps as a mixed drink.

This is one of my favorite tea! Taste like an apple cider, but with cinnamon and coconut, its so good!.

This is one of my favorite selections from this brand of loose leaf tea. I always forget it is a rooibos, as it is pretty much undetectable to me. There is a natural creaminess that comes from the coconut and a peppery aftertaste that is quite pleasant and surprising all at once. I find the almond has an amaretto quality and pairs nicely with the coconut. I really notice the ginger more in the spicy smell rather than the taste, but it is more evident in the warming sensation after you drink it. It settles the stomach quite nicely. I can re-steep this tea about 3x, which is also a bonus. I really enjoy mixing this with a white tea from Teavana called Spice of Life.

This is a really fascinating tea. I found it stashed in the bottom of my mother’s tea drawer and decided to give it a go. The dry leaves smell like a peppery amaretto, not what I was expecting. Taste wise, I can detect lots of cinnamon with notes of ginger. There is also just a small hint of apple and a mild, woody flavor from the rooibos base. I don’t think I would purchase this on a regular basis, but I do find it tasty enough to where I might indulge in a small sample or even a to go cup.

I haven’t posted on here much recently, been really busy with school and work. I’ve been drinking a lot of tea… and coffee. I got an espresso machine, so I’ve been split between the daily latte and the daily cup o’ tea. Anywho, today I received a shipment of 3 teas and went to the local tea shop and bought 2 more and also ordered some from Verdant. Can’t wait to try em all!

To the review:
A local tea shop had this tea as a sample today, it was iced with just a tiny bit of sweetener(sugar). It was amazingly delicious. It has a bit of sweetness and an unexpected cherry flavor, which I am guessing came from the almond and apple. It was delicious as an iced tea, not sure how it will be hot. Bought 2 oz of this so I will try it hot and post back later.

Iced 5 min, 0 sec

Unfortunately allowed the girl at Teavana to super sweeten this baby for me, but aside from the sugar coma it induced, Zingiber Ginger Coconut has a beautiful spicy snap to it, though it had none of the creamy coconut I was expecting.