Zingiber Ginger Coconut

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut Chips, Ginger Pieces, Red Rooibos
Coconut, Ginger, Apple, Cinnamon, Cherry, Cream
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From Teavana

Sweet coconut with slightly spicy ginger undertones

This balanced red rooibos wonder has a ginger, toasted coconut and black pepper zest, smoothed over with the sweetness of cinnamon, golden delicious apple and and creamy coconut. A sublime voyage of infinite possibilities.

Ingredients: Red rooibos, ginger pieces, coconut chips (coconut, coconut fat, sugar), cinnamon, apple pieces, artificial flavoring, cardamom, black pepper

How To Steep
3 Perfectea Scoops – Scoop loose leaf tea into infuser.
205°F – Heat fresh (preferably filtered) water.
8 fl oz – Pour water over sachet in cup.
5 min – Stay close to this steep time for optimal flavor.
1 steep

Blends Well With
Maharaja Chai Oolong Tea
Golden Monkey Black Tea
Spice Of Life White Tea

About Teavana View company

Thanks to Hubby for this one, picked it up on my first trip to a Teavana… not too many loose tea options in my neck of the woods and eager to smell, try, or buy something and have some kind of tea shop experience. He was more than gracious in making the hour long trek with me to see what it was all about. I’m not going to say I’m eager to go back there, but I was grateful for the trip as it gave me some perspective on what tea buying can be like (hopeful to find some great shops on future vacations!). I could see Chicago (3 hrs away) in my future, but somehow me thinks that may not happen… I have to have a reason besides tea shopping. Married 18 years and only 1 trip to Chicago, oh wait 2 (forgot when we were in college and went to the art museum). We do go places, but not there.

Anyway, it’s hard to buy teas based on descriptions and smells, I want to try them, and I’d not had an experience like this one before. I’ve been to The Tea & Spice Exchange before, but only once looking at teas (& a very limited selection), previous times looking for spices. They have containers you can pick up and smell on your own, and then pre-packaged sizes available to purchase. No worrying about weighing things out unless you buy an odd amount, which you can do if you want.

I wasn’t sure what to think of this tea at first. In the shop it smelled spicy and sweet, and coconutty, but since they just waft the scent towards you with the lid, it’s hard to really get the fragrance. I like all those things in tea, spice, sweet, coconut… and this was a plus that it was caffeine free, yeah evening tea! When I got it home and opened the bag, the scent was much more pungent, in your face, kind of smell… almost overwhelming.

I decided to give this a try the other night. I was is a very potent blend like I expected. I under leafed a bit to err on the side of drinkable.. I guess I could’ve just added more water had I needed to. I found this tea to be thick coconut, ginger, spice… good, but almost over the top, and I love me some spice… Like I’m finding of most of the Teavana blends. I’m thinking I may enjoy this more as a latte or cut with another plain or mild base tea (like vanilla rooibos or just some black to give some richness without added flavor). I’m thinking if I just cut back on the tea itself, it will become a watered down undrinkable cup.

The jury is still out on this one. I think I can like it if I can find the right mix for me. After all… it’s spice and coconut!!… Ok, so no chocolate (or peppermint) in this one… but you can’t have everything you like in one cup!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
MissB

Like we discussed, I’m finding Teavana more and more undrinkable, only because it’s a lot of ‘stuff’ and less tea each time I go in. It’ll be fun to see how this grows on you! :)

Suziqzer

I’m not sure if it will grow on me or not.. I might just be hopeful… Time will tell!

EveGrimm

I went into Teavana today to buy a little of their new marshmallowy tea to try and ended up ordering a mix of the Caramel Almond Amaretti & Zingiber Ginger Coconut as a hot beverage. With a little sugar (of course) it was pretty tasty. :)

A new acquisition as of today, and I’m super glad I went for it! I hadn’t tried this one before, even though I’m pretty sure my hubby, a former Teavana employee, told me I would like it. I haven’t been a big fan of ginger until recently, which may have had something to do with that.

ANYWAY. The loose leaf smells intoxicatingly of coconut and cream and almond, with none of the metallic notes of rooibos—promising! I made myself a cup as soon as I got home, using Teavana’s recommended parameters.

I got mostly coconut from the flavor, with a hint of spice in the aftertaste. I could taste the ginger ever so slightly in the beginning, when it was still hot, but alas, now that it has cooled, the ginger flavor has pretty much disappeared. I still really like the flavor and the creamy mouthfeel. But it gets a less-than-perfect rating because of the absent ginger.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Once again, I’ve gone far too long without a review. Naughty me! To further illustrate my naughtiness, I realized that I had started cold steeping this and forgot about it for days :( I decided to sadly trash the fridge’s ware and ended up inspired to make and ice a fresh cup.

I was excited because the tea ended up an absolutely gorgeous color. It looked like orange soda. I took a tentative sip and, yep, definitely ginger coconut, ha.

When I went downstairs I set my tea down on the windowsill. When I glanced at it I saw my Lloyd figurine seemed to be cautiously inspecting it. Accidental hilarity. http://tinypic.com/r/9jiyyr/8

Anyway, tasty as always :)

Flavors: Coconut

I’m not much of a creamy/nutty tea fan, as I usually prefer fruitier teas, but this was absolutely delicious! I put a little sweetener in and enjoyed it luke warm; I am excited to try it as a cold tea. It tastes a bit like mulling spice with a hint of coconut – sooooo delicious! Very good as cold tea with no sweetener!

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

By far one of the most complicate flavor I had encountered. It’s a little off IMO, don’t know if it’s because of the abundance of coconut shavings or what. I got this on clearance and couldn’t return it, so I played around with it a little bit.

I mixed 1/2 tsp of Spiced Apple Cider and 1/2 Samurai Chai Mate and 1/2 Six Summits Oolong and oh boy I felt like a tea goddess that just created the most beautiful winter or after meal tea. I no longer get that weird coconut after taste.

I’m withholding a rating on this tea but it truly seemed like a hot cup of cherry amaretto to me, not ginger coconut. I will try again while increasing the amount of leaves. I did 2 tsp for 13 oz and it certainly was not enough. However, I imagine that iced, this would be a wonderful cherry amaretto substitute or perhaps as a mixed drink.

This is one of my favorite tea! Taste like an apple cider, but with cinnamon and coconut, its so good!.

This is one of my favorite selections from this brand of loose leaf tea. I always forget it is a rooibos, as it is pretty much undetectable to me. There is a natural creaminess that comes from the coconut and a peppery aftertaste that is quite pleasant and surprising all at once. I find the almond has an amaretto quality and pairs nicely with the coconut. I really notice the ginger more in the spicy smell rather than the taste, but it is more evident in the warming sensation after you drink it. It settles the stomach quite nicely. I can re-steep this tea about 3x, which is also a bonus. I really enjoy mixing this with a white tea from Teavana called Spice of Life.

This is a really fascinating tea. I found it stashed in the bottom of my mother’s tea drawer and decided to give it a go. The dry leaves smell like a peppery amaretto, not what I was expecting. Taste wise, I can detect lots of cinnamon with notes of ginger. There is also just a small hint of apple and a mild, woody flavor from the rooibos base. I don’t think I would purchase this on a regular basis, but I do find it tasty enough to where I might indulge in a small sample or even a to go cup.

I haven’t posted on here much recently, been really busy with school and work. I’ve been drinking a lot of tea… and coffee. I got an espresso machine, so I’ve been split between the daily latte and the daily cup o’ tea. Anywho, today I received a shipment of 3 teas and went to the local tea shop and bought 2 more and also ordered some from Verdant. Can’t wait to try em all!

To the review:
A local tea shop had this tea as a sample today, it was iced with just a tiny bit of sweetener(sugar). It was amazingly delicious. It has a bit of sweetness and an unexpected cherry flavor, which I am guessing came from the almond and apple. It was delicious as an iced tea, not sure how it will be hot. Bought 2 oz of this so I will try it hot and post back later.

Iced 5 min, 0 sec