Emperor's Clouds and Mist

Low
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaHeez

From Teavana

Praised as ‘green gold’ for centuries, this smooth green tea with a lingering aftertaste was a favorite amongst Chinese Emperors for many dynasties. One bud and two leaves are handpicked at 3,500 feet elevation where the tea trees are always shrouded in clouds and mist. This pure green tea makes an excellent cup anytime of the day.

About Teavana View company

A good green tea never goes bitter, no matter the temperature of the water (Don’t believe me? Send me a message and I will refer you to some reputable sources to back up my claim). This tea fetches a price that says it will not go bitter. But alas, it gets bitter even if the temperature is slightly over 175 or whatever. What’s more, it doesn’t even taste as good as a bag of Celestial Seasonings Authentic green tea! I don’t understand why people would pay this much

It is clean, its perfect, its pure, the aftertaste is unbelievable. Its the tea that you have been looking for if what your looking for is a pure clean Chinese green tea

This tea blew me away, it has such a smooth aftertaste and a hint of honey that i adore

Light and smooth, very faintly fruity. This is one of my favorite “everyday” teas.

I got out of class early today so I decided to go to the mall to pick up my free oz of tea! But dude. Malls are dangerous. I’m not much of a shopper, but I saw an Aldo and I needed my shoe inserts. And I passed by a Crabtree & Evelyn and I knew I needed some hand lotion since work is getting my hands all dry from work aaand I sorta splurged haha.
So Aldo, Crabtree & Evelyn, and free tea from Teavana! But I did purchase a tin since it was 50% off :)

I decided to go for this tea for my free oz. I wanted a green tea, and this one sounded cool so I went with it! And I don’t have that many spinach/vegetal teas so I figured I’d go with a strong green.
This one has a very strong vegetal scent dry. Leaves are super cute and nicely rolled up hehe
Once I poured the water in, it started getting a nice vibrant green colour to it!

Oh, this is a very nice tea! Not too vegetal, which I like. I did steep it for 1min, but it wasn’t flavourful enough. So I added 30seconds and it’s good! Maybe a tad too much spinach so next time I have this, I think 1min 15sec would do the trick!

And I can tell there’s still plenty of flavour in the leaves so I can’t wait to see how well it’ll resteep :)

Flavors: Broccoli, Grass, Green, Moss, Spinach, Vegetal

175 °F / 79 °C 1 min, 30 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

One of my favorite green teas. It’s lite and sweet and has a very simple misty taste. It really does taste like a misty morning on a high mountain. If you’re not a fan of the more vegital and earthy green teas this one would be good to try.

Flavors: Mineral, Plants

I’m brewing this tea hotter than normal, but it seems to take the heat quite well. The extra heat seems to make it a bit more vibrant. The leaves look a little like gunpowder, and has very little dry aroma. The moment water hits it, its very fragrant, sweet, green and buttery. It has little bitterness, and a decent amount of theanine sweetness.

195 °F / 90 °C

This is one tea that I find myself craving. The flavor profile leaves little to be desired. It is both full bodied and light. I enjoy drinking this at any time of the day and take each sip as a chance to relax.

This tea has a very light liquor and delicate aroma. The taste is just the same as the smell, light and sweet with a pleasant, lingering vegetal aftertaste. This tea is always lighter in color than I expect so I end up adding a bit of extra time and it doesn’t affect the bitterness.

Evidently I like to overbrew my tea, because I let this one go for 4 minutes in my tea steeper.

I was all set to sing its praises, but for some reason this cup turned out rather weak. Maybe next time.