Emperor's Clouds and Mist

Green Tea
Green Tea
Green, Toasty, Astringent, Grass, Smoked, Vegetal, Asparagus, Carrot, Peat Moss, Spinach, Plants, Seaweed, Soap, Butter, Straw, Broccoli, Moss, Mineral
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Brian J Henry

From Teavana

Praised as ‘green gold’ for centuries, this smooth green tea with a lingering aftertaste was a favorite amongst Chinese Emperors for many dynasties. One bud and two leaves are handpicked at 3,500 feet elevation where the tea trees are always shrouded in clouds and mist. This pure green tea makes an excellent cup anytime of the day.

About Teavana View company

A good green tea never goes bitter, no matter the temperature of the water (Don’t believe me? Send me a message and I will refer you to some reputable sources to back up my claim). This tea fetches a price that says it will not go bitter. But alas, it gets bitter even if the temperature is slightly over 175 or whatever. What’s more, it doesn’t even taste as good as a bag of Celestial Seasonings Authentic green tea! I don’t understand why people would pay this much

It is clean, its perfect, its pure, the aftertaste is unbelievable. Its the tea that you have been looking for if what your looking for is a pure clean Chinese green tea

This tea blew me away, it has such a smooth aftertaste and a hint of honey that i adore

Light and smooth, very faintly fruity. This is one of my favorite “everyday” teas.

My first true loose leaf tea. Take review with a grain of salt. I really enjoy this tea, but don’t necessarily know how it compares to other teas.

After the third steep, hints of citrus appear and the depth of flavor is greatly reduced, as is the “toastiness”. I prefer the taste of the first two steeps.

Edit: This is still my favorite tea, but I can tell that it is of lower quality now that I have tasted reserve teas. If there were a reserve version of this tea, it would get a 95+ rating.

Flavors: Green, Toasty

My favorite green tea; smoky, astringent, and maybe a little bit sweet. A heavenly, relaxing tea that is the perfect de-stressor. First time I tried it I was blown away, and I’m still in love. The loose leaves are definitely expensive, but I think it’s worth trying at least once.

Flavors: Astringent, Grass, Smoked, Vegetal

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 2 tsp

Nope nope nope. Not a fan. I love straight, vegetal green teas. This one, however, is bitter and gross no matter how many different ways I try to steep it. Blech, not a fan.

Flavors: Grass

Grabbed a cup of this from Starbucks today. The tea smelled lovely while steeping, very fresh and vegetal. Of course the fact that Starbucks uses boiling water to brew every tea, even green, meant that this cup turned out more bitter and acidic than it was meant to, which was a shame, because it really is a good quality tea and shouldn’t be abused.

This is a very nice, light tea…we need to provide PSAs to cafes not to use boiling water for green teas, none of them seem to know.

Yeah, I know they’re not well set up for it — they get the hot water straight out of the machine — but a PSA would be nice.

Yeah…we need more tea places…definitely a dream to leave the daily office grind and start one myself one day. :)

That would be cool :)

Study time tea! Loving the earthy, grassy sencha-like flavour of this tea right now. Really full-bodied and leaves a nice aftertaste.

In other news, I finally got my November Tea Sparrow box, really looking forward to trying the new teas as well as chugging that Buddha Bamboo! Hopefully it will last me more than two days.

A couple days ago I tried cold brewing that White pearl of Fuijan. I don’t know why I keep thinking this tea will be better cold. It is NOT BETTER COLD. It gets suuuper bitter for some reason, and when I tried to balance it out with rock sugar (and regular sugar, which is a first for me, when it was still too bitter) it just tasted sickly sweet and bad tasting. The one thing I noticed was that cold brewing it brought out its apricot flavours really strongly, something I didn’t find in the hot brew. I just wish I knew how to make it taste at least decent when cold. I’m gonna stick to the hot version of this tea. Someone please remind me not to ice thing thing again. It would just be a waste of leaves at that point.

I personally made this account to rate how disgusting this tea is! I would not recommend it to even my worst enemy. This tea tastes like someone boiled carrots and asparagus and then poured the water into my cup. I tried even putting honey, sugar, and lemon into it and it still tastes like pee. Every time I think of the smell, or taste of his tea I automatically want to throw up. I literally feel ill now after drinking this tea. I also am an avid tea drinker and this is the worst tea I have ever tasted in my entire life. If you like this tea there is something wrong with your taste buds and should probably go see a doctor.

Flavors: Asparagus, Carrot, Peat Moss, Spinach, Vegetal