Emperor's Clouds and Mist

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by johnquix

From Teavana

Praised as ‘green gold’ for centuries, this smooth green tea with a lingering aftertaste was a favorite amongst Chinese Emperors for many dynasties. One bud and two leaves are handpicked at 3,500 feet elevation where the tea trees are always shrouded in clouds and mist. This pure green tea makes an excellent cup anytime of the day.

About Teavana View company

A good green tea never goes bitter, no matter the temperature of the water (Don’t believe me? Send me a message and I will refer you to some reputable sources to back up my claim). This tea fetches a price that says it will not go bitter. But alas, it gets bitter even if the temperature is slightly over 175 or whatever. What’s more, it doesn’t even taste as good as a bag of Celestial Seasonings Authentic green tea! I don’t understand why people would pay this much

It is clean, its perfect, its pure, the aftertaste is unbelievable. Its the tea that you have been looking for if what your looking for is a pure clean Chinese green tea

This tea blew me away, it has such a smooth aftertaste and a hint of honey that i adore

Light and smooth, very faintly fruity. This is one of my favorite “everyday” teas.

I’m brewing this tea hotter than normal, but it seems to take the heat quite well. The extra heat seems to make it a bit more vibrant. The leaves look a little like gunpowder, and has very little dry aroma. The moment water hits it, its very fragrant, sweet, green and buttery. It has little bitterness, and a decent amount of theanine sweetness.

195 °F / 90 °C

This is one tea that I find myself craving. The flavor profile leaves little to be desired. It is both full bodied and light. I enjoy drinking this at any time of the day and take each sip as a chance to relax.

This tea has a very light liquor and delicate aroma. The taste is just the same as the smell, light and sweet with a pleasant, lingering vegetal aftertaste. This tea is always lighter in color than I expect so I end up adding a bit of extra time and it doesn’t affect the bitterness.

Evidently I like to overbrew my tea, because I let this one go for 4 minutes in my tea steeper.

I was all set to sing its praises, but for some reason this cup turned out rather weak. Maybe next time.

Strong enough to be a Japnese green but subtle enough to be a Chinese. For some reason they want you to brew it at 175? I’m getting the impression that TeaVana think all their teas are so delicate they need to be brewed cool. It’s simply not true.