Emperor's Clouds and Mist

Green Tea
Green Tea
Asparagus, Carrot, Peat Moss, Spinach, Vegetal, Green, Smoked, Plants, Seaweed, Soap, Butter, Grass, Straw, Broccoli, Moss, Mineral
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaHeez

From Teavana

Praised as ‘green gold’ for centuries, this smooth green tea with a lingering aftertaste was a favorite amongst Chinese Emperors for many dynasties. One bud and two leaves are handpicked at 3,500 feet elevation where the tea trees are always shrouded in clouds and mist. This pure green tea makes an excellent cup anytime of the day.

About Teavana View company

A good green tea never goes bitter, no matter the temperature of the water (Don’t believe me? Send me a message and I will refer you to some reputable sources to back up my claim). This tea fetches a price that says it will not go bitter. But alas, it gets bitter even if the temperature is slightly over 175 or whatever. What’s more, it doesn’t even taste as good as a bag of Celestial Seasonings Authentic green tea! I don’t understand why people would pay this much

It is clean, its perfect, its pure, the aftertaste is unbelievable. Its the tea that you have been looking for if what your looking for is a pure clean Chinese green tea

This tea blew me away, it has such a smooth aftertaste and a hint of honey that i adore

Light and smooth, very faintly fruity. This is one of my favorite “everyday” teas.

My favourite green tea from Starbucks, got it in my lunch break from work today. This green tea is really smooth and full-bodied. It doesn’t smell or taste too grassy (or like seaweed, thank god). It’s pretty plain and simple, but very enjoyable.

I personally made this account to rate how disgusting this tea is! I would not recommend it to even my worst enemy. This tea tastes like someone boiled carrots and asparagus and then poured the water into my cup. I tried even putting honey, sugar, and lemon into it and it still tastes like pee. Every time I think of the smell, or taste of his tea I automatically want to throw up. I literally feel ill now after drinking this tea. I also am an avid tea drinker and this is the worst tea I have ever tasted in my entire life. If you like this tea there is something wrong with your taste buds and should probably go see a doctor.

Flavors: Asparagus, Carrot, Peat Moss, Spinach, Vegetal

First off: Starbucks, you need to tone it down a bit. Yes, I want hot tea. No, I do not want it THAT hot. No, I’m not a big baby, my tongue had an actual mark/burn taste on it for several days after blindly taking a sip of this. I’ve never had this kind of experience with this coffee so what are you doing?

Now onto the tea itself. I can definitely tell where the flavors divide in the tea. I think I liked the middle part the best. I might drink this again, with my own temperature set.

Flavors: Green, Smoked

Like most of my experience with Teavana, this was a “hmm…let’s just see what it’s like” choice. I will note that I do feel like I have a cold coming on, and thus my tasting ability may be impacted, but this was not a great experiment. At first I got a pretty seaweed-y punch. If not that, definitely a pretty strong plant flavour. That kind of subsided into a refreshing bean sprout note—by far my favourite level of this tea. If it had ended there I probably would’ve finished the cup, but as it cooled it progressed into a pretty strong soap flavour (at first lemon dish soap, followed by straight up white bar soap). Not overly pleasant. Wouldn’t buy again.

Flavors: Plants, Seaweed, Soap

One of my favorites, so I had a cup last night. Lovely light vegetal notes :)

Picked this one tonight because, if Teavana’s information can be trusted, it is low in caffeine. I was at the store the other day to buy a Glass Perfect Tea Maker and they were sampling this tea. I think it is pretty good. I am getting a barely perceptible vegetal note. I am getting a buttery note. The steepster writeup also says notes of broccoli and spinach. These are imaginable for this tea although not strong. Overall it is a very mild tasting tea. It is already one of my favorite greens.

I brewed this once in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 175 degree water for 1 min.

Flavors: Butter, Vegetal