Emperor's Clouds and Mist

Green Tea
Green Tea
Plants, Seaweed, Soap, Butter, Vegetal, Grass, Straw, Broccoli, Green, Moss, Spinach, Mineral
Low
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaHeez

From Teavana

Praised as ‘green gold’ for centuries, this smooth green tea with a lingering aftertaste was a favorite amongst Chinese Emperors for many dynasties. One bud and two leaves are handpicked at 3,500 feet elevation where the tea trees are always shrouded in clouds and mist. This pure green tea makes an excellent cup anytime of the day.

About Teavana View company

A good green tea never goes bitter, no matter the temperature of the water (Don’t believe me? Send me a message and I will refer you to some reputable sources to back up my claim). This tea fetches a price that says it will not go bitter. But alas, it gets bitter even if the temperature is slightly over 175 or whatever. What’s more, it doesn’t even taste as good as a bag of Celestial Seasonings Authentic green tea! I don’t understand why people would pay this much

It is clean, its perfect, its pure, the aftertaste is unbelievable. Its the tea that you have been looking for if what your looking for is a pure clean Chinese green tea

This tea blew me away, it has such a smooth aftertaste and a hint of honey that i adore

Light and smooth, very faintly fruity. This is one of my favorite “everyday” teas.

Like most of my experience with Teavana, this was a “hmm…let’s just see what it’s like” choice. I will note that I do feel like I have a cold coming on, and thus my tasting ability may be impacted, but this was not a great experiment. At first I got a pretty seaweed-y punch. If not that, definitely a pretty strong plant flavour. That kind of subsided into a refreshing bean sprout note—by far my favourite level of this tea. If it had ended there I probably would’ve finished the cup, but as it cooled it progressed into a pretty strong soap flavour (at first lemon dish soap, followed by straight up white bar soap). Not overly pleasant. Wouldn’t buy again.

Flavors: Plants, Seaweed, Soap

One of my favorites, so I had a cup last night. Lovely light vegetal notes :)

Picked this one tonight because, if Teavana’s information can be trusted, it is low in caffeine. I was at the store the other day to buy a Glass Perfect Tea Maker and they were sampling this tea. I think it is pretty good. I am getting a barely perceptible vegetal note. I am getting a buttery note. The steepster writeup also says notes of broccoli and spinach. These are imaginable for this tea although not strong. Overall it is a very mild tasting tea. It is already one of my favorite greens.

I brewed this once in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 175 degree water for 1 min.

Flavors: Butter, Vegetal

I received Teavana’s Green tea Essentials gift box for Christmas, adn this is the first one I am trying. I’d never been to a Teavana before, or had anything of theirs. They always seemed like a shopping mall version of a quality tea store. I had only seen their locations in places I hate going, the mall, Sanata Row, etc, so I always assumed they would be pretentious and overpriced for a product slightly better then boxed store bought tea bags.

I hope I’m wrong, of course. Let’s find out:

They recommend 1 teaspoon per 8 ounces of water, so that would mean 4 teaspoons in my 32 ounce Bodum Assam. I like a little bigger tea, so I put a full 2 tablespoons, which is about 6 teaspoons. Ish. I rinsed the leaves and then tumbled 175 degree water over the leaves, letting them steep for 1 minutes.

Here we go:

The color is a nice light, clear yellow. Straw colored, if you will. The scent is very light, with hints of straw, wet grass, earth and butter. The standards for good green teas.

I’ll be honest, the smell was a little lacking, and that had me worried on the taste. But to my surprise, the taste is full of wet grass and straw with hints of butter. They say it has an initial taste smokey taste, I’m not really getting much of that. But the grass, straw, and butter taste that is there is wonderful.

This is a great green tea. It’s going to be great on damp Spring mornings, waiting for the Sun to pop out so I can get out on the bike.

So, I was wrong, Teavana puts out a great product. But I still don’t like their stores.

Flavors: Butter, Grass, Straw

I’ve not been too pleased with Teavana in the past. Their prices are very high, but I don’t feel like I’m getting my money’s worth (in part because I find that I have to use more leaves to get flavor). So it was with hesitation that I ordered this from Starbucks today (it was my brother’s first day back at work after a long illness, so I went to say hi).

I was very pleased. The result was one of the better green teas I’ve had in a while, to be sure. It’s subtle, sweet, and vegetal. I’m withholding judgement until I buy a tin and see just how many leaves I have to use, but I really enjoyed the tea bag that I had today. I tentatively recommend it.

Gave this one another shot. It’s a good tea, just not my favorite. A little weak for my liking…it has similarities to gyokuro, but doesn’t have quite the bite and sencha grassiness. I’ll finish out the 1 oz sample, but I doubt I’ll buy it again. We’ll see…maybe I’ll change my mind.