Emperor's Clouds and Mist

Low
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaHeez

From Teavana

Praised as ‘green gold’ for centuries, this smooth green tea with a lingering aftertaste was a favorite amongst Chinese Emperors for many dynasties. One bud and two leaves are handpicked at 3,500 feet elevation where the tea trees are always shrouded in clouds and mist. This pure green tea makes an excellent cup anytime of the day.

About Teavana View company

One of my favorite green teas. It’s lite and sweet and has a very simple misty taste. It really does taste like a misty morning on a high mountain. If you’re not a fan of the more vegital and earthy green teas this one would be good to try.

Flavors: Mineral, Plants

I’m brewing this tea hotter than normal, but it seems to take the heat quite well. The extra heat seems to make it a bit more vibrant. The leaves look a little like gunpowder, and has very little dry aroma. The moment water hits it, its very fragrant, sweet, green and buttery. It has little bitterness, and a decent amount of theanine sweetness.

195 °F / 90 °C

This is one tea that I find myself craving. The flavor profile leaves little to be desired. It is both full bodied and light. I enjoy drinking this at any time of the day and take each sip as a chance to relax.

This tea has a very light liquor and delicate aroma. The taste is just the same as the smell, light and sweet with a pleasant, lingering vegetal aftertaste. This tea is always lighter in color than I expect so I end up adding a bit of extra time and it doesn’t affect the bitterness.

Evidently I like to overbrew my tea, because I let this one go for 4 minutes in my tea steeper.

I was all set to sing its praises, but for some reason this cup turned out rather weak. Maybe next time.

Strong enough to be a Japnese green but subtle enough to be a Chinese. For some reason they want you to brew it at 175? I’m getting the impression that TeaVana think all their teas are so delicate they need to be brewed cool. It’s simply not true.

Very smooth tea. Reminds me a lot of Lung Ching (DragonWell). It goes very well trough 3 to 4 steeps.

The leaves when dried are bright green and tightly rolled into little twists and curls. On a first steep, they unroll partially and have a very vegetal aroma. The tea liquor is a very light green and smells grassy. It has a very light, clear taste. It’s mellow and delicate with notes of honey and almond, and has a smooth, lingering finish.

Another light tea, I like to drink this first thing in the morning, helps clear my sinuses.