Silver Needle

White Tea
Autumn Leaf Pile, Corn Husk, Grass, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Teavana

Also known as Yin Zhen, this well guarded secret of Chinese emperors is a rare delicacy for a Western table. The most tender white downy tea buds are harvested only two days out of each year using the centuries old techniques of Imperial Gathering. This exceptional tea was reserved for the Chinese imperial family until just a few decades ago when it became available to the general public. Famous for its subtle taste, pale infusion, and extraordinary purity.

About Teavana View company

Silver Needle from Teavana is the first flush/first leaf. The best. It is wonderful alone and perfect to pair. I add it to any tea I want to tone down or to add hydration and detox to.

Indescribable, you just have to taste it for yourself.. Reminds me of spring.

With a little peppermint and honey to cure my birthday party hang over!

I purchased this tea as a show-and-tell item for my tea class. I decided to try it, since I blew $18 on it, and decided not to return it. White teas aren’t always my thing, but this was very lovely. Subtle, resteeps well, and is a fantastic companion to late-night computing.

I enjoyed this subtle tea. Even with over-brewing it was delicious! The leaves smell great and I like how soft and downy they look.

One of the best Whites ever. I enjoy it hot with rock sugar, or with a nice strawberry lemonade iced down mix on a hot day

So refreshing! My favourite is drinking this cold when I need something to quench my thirst. Very mild taste however.

This is true tea “soup.” The pale infusion possesses a very milky mouthfeel with a similarly lactic tang in the form of refreshing acidity. The taste is crisp and complementary to fermented foods; its unctuousness and bright savoriness capture distant echoes of soy. The aroma, though floral, can be damp and almost slightly gamy. Because of this, I prefer to brew this at room temperature for an hour or so.

I find this tea really relaxing. One of my favs for sure

This is a tea I drink after a day of working, a time to wind down and relax. The antioxidants within the tea are refreshing and help calm my nerves. Good blended with a flavoured tea or not, both ways are I find relaxing and calming, something to fill the senses and to settle down after a long day.