Silver Needle

White Tea
Chestnut, Citrusy, Cut grass, Earth, Autumn Leaf Pile, Corn Husk, Grass, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Teavana

Also known as Yin Zhen, this well guarded secret of Chinese emperors is a rare delicacy for a Western table. The most tender white downy tea buds are harvested only two days out of each year using the centuries old techniques of Imperial Gathering. This exceptional tea was reserved for the Chinese imperial family until just a few decades ago when it became available to the general public. Famous for its subtle taste, pale infusion, and extraordinary purity.

About Teavana View company

I find this tea really relaxing. One of my favs for sure

This is a tea I drink after a day of working, a time to wind down and relax. The antioxidants within the tea are refreshing and help calm my nerves. Good blended with a flavoured tea or not, both ways are I find relaxing and calming, something to fill the senses and to settle down after a long day.

Nice light tea to help rehydrate the body.

I don’t think I’ve ever had this tea buy itself. I normally just blend it with and oolong or green tea or I’ll throw some in my coca mate on occasion. I do enjoy it though

So, I hadn’t been in awhile, but I decided to give teavana one more go. Honestly I was looking mainly for a double-walled glass tea tumbler, but I decided to get some silver needles tea as well. I’ve tried silver needle tea from lots of different tea shops, and was disappointed with this one. First of all, 15$ for 2 oz? That’s pretty steep, but this is supposed to be a good tea, right? Well, not in this case. I’m not sure what to think really, it just doesn’t taste as natural, very bland even for a white tea. The leaves are extremely broken for a premium chinese tea; I wonder if it was processed in a factory. It’s drinkable, has very light floral notes etc., but not near actual white tea standards, and definitely not worth what they charged me for it. I think next time I’ll go with my mainstays, Tao of Tea, and Townshend’s Tea from Portland, Oregon. They both tend to be cheaper and of higher quality. It’s no wonder almost all of Teavana’s teas are mixed with some sort of dried fruit.

As bizarre as it may seem to those of you who read this, the flavor of this tea reminds me of the scent of freshly mowed grass.

I’ve been drinking my way through two ounces of this over the past two months. It’s a great winter cup. There’s an awful lot of fractured pieces in the batch I received, but it still yields a juicy, fresh cup. Strawberries, honey, and oats. Soft and sweet. Steeps many times longer than I expected it to.

I tried this tea in my local Teavana store. I really liked it. It has a grassy taste to it, but I don’t mind it at all.

This silverneedle I’s good.

I like this first thing in the morning, saving something with a caffeine hit for later.