Silver Needle

White Tea
Honeysuckle, Straw, Cream, Floral, Hay, Honey, Chestnut, Citrusy, Cut grass, Earth, Autumn Leaf Pile, Corn Husk, Grass
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by 35mmfilm

From Teavana

Also known as Yin Zhen, this well guarded secret of Chinese emperors is a rare delicacy for a Western table. The most tender white downy tea buds are harvested only two days out of each year using the centuries old techniques of Imperial Gathering. This exceptional tea was reserved for the Chinese imperial family until just a few decades ago when it became available to the general public. Famous for its subtle taste, pale infusion, and extraordinary purity.

About Teavana View company

I’ve been drinking my way through two ounces of this over the past two months. It’s a great winter cup. There’s an awful lot of fractured pieces in the batch I received, but it still yields a juicy, fresh cup. Strawberries, honey, and oats. Soft and sweet. Steeps many times longer than I expected it to.

I tried this tea in my local Teavana store. I really liked it. It has a grassy taste to it, but I don’t mind it at all.

This silverneedle I’s good.

I like this first thing in the morning, saving something with a caffeine hit for later.

My very favorite by far. I highly recommend steeping for 7-8 min at only 160 degrees as apposed to higher temps. Also good 2 to 3 steeps but I increase the steeping time by 4 min each additional steep.

I really loved this tea when I tried it. It was subtle yet full of flavor. I found it to be a very calming tea.

Very light and delicate. Great to unwind with after a long, stressful week.

A nice delicate flavor perfect after a day of ruling an Empire!