Moroccan Mint

Green Tea
Green Tea, Spearmint
Mint, Smoke, Spearmint, Plants
Edit tea info Last updated by Sabrael D. Carroll

• “I really need more self control when it comes to tea. Having fallen in love with Tin Roof Teas Moroccan Mint, I wanted to taste others. I had my daughter pick this up in Raleigh last night so I...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 2077 tasting notes
  • “This is a decent Moroccan Mint. The smokiness of the gunpowder green tea and the spearmint pair well together. I like that there’s no peppermint in the blend. The green tea is easier to taste...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 1050 tasting notes
  • “Cold brewed – 4 tsp. leaves in 750 ml. water. Left for approximately 20 hours, with no sweeteners added/needed. This is a tea that I know well, in terms of the amount of tea leaves needed,...” Read full tasting note
    joonsusanna 863 tasting notes
  • Tea #24 from Another Traveling Tea Box I’m starting to realise I’ve gotten really sensitive to smoky teas in the last year or two. I used to really like gunpowder...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Teavana

A refreshing blend of Chinese Gunpowder green tea with spearmint. This traditional Moroccan drink is a wonderful digestive aid, famous for its anti-heartburn properties.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175-180 degrees and steep for 1 minute. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Gunpowder green tea with spearmint leaves.

About Teavana View company

This tea has spearmint instead of peppermint, which was why I bought it. Testing it tonight for the first time, my opinion is that this is only “ok”. Only “ok” isn’t good enough, so I’m going to play around with steep times etc., as there seems to be a wide variable for this one. I’m also going to try iced, as JoonS. makes such a compelling case for it : )

I’ve had this tea for a while and I’ve made disgusting cups and I’ve made wonderful cups. Most of the bad tasting cups came from my own inexperience on how to properly brew green teas, normally the water would be far too hot and i would steep it for way too long. Now I get the water a bit below boiling and steep it for no more than 3 minutes although 2 minutes and around 30 seconds seems to work much better. I’ve been using this tea as heartburn relief this past week and its been great. I think this will end up as a staple tea for me.

I am enjoying a cup of this lovely tea as I sit and relax while reading a book on tea I picked up at the library.

I really enjoy this one. It’s a very nice balance of mint and green tea. I was afraid it’d be too minty but it’s just right. The gun powder green tea is very smooth too. Plus the leave are fun to watch unfurl more with each steep (I usually get 3 good steeps out of this).

It’s a great refreshing tea for the afternoon. Might even be nice with sweetener if that’s your taste. I just prefer my green teas without any.

Teavana’s Moroccan Mint is one of my favorite morning blends. The minty and smoky flavor, when properly brewed, is refreshing and pleasant – just the right medley of mint and gunpowder green. If you like a stronger tea (like me) I add a heaping teaspoon per 8 oz of water and brew almost three minutes. I do recommend being careful about the temperature. I guesstimate well below boiling; that is how I enjoy it. The flavor is uplifting and refreshing – even as a hot tea in the heat of summer. This is delicious iced as well.

Clean, crisp and minty…I like to drink this when I have a cold or a sore throat, it’s very soothing.

Finally! A version of Morroccan mint tea that I like! It’s the spearmint that makes this such a soft, beautiful tea. I find the usual peppermint + green tea too strong a combo for my liking so this was a welcome surprise. I absolutely love this tea hot at any time of day.

The 4th selection from Teavana’s Green Tea Essentials box set. In my opinion, the better pf the two mint teas in the box. This one is more similar to the higher grade mint teas I have tried, but there is still something not quite right. The flavors just mix a little too much, resulting in a sort of bland mesh of green tea and mint. The flavors don’t shine on their own, and there is almost a sour taste to it.

I would say, much like the rest of the Teavana selections I have tried, that they are better than the low and mid grade grocery store boxed teas, and on par with the higher quality grocery store stuff.

I guess I just expect more from a tea house that calls itself high quality, high grade tea. Not super impressed.

Brewed this beauty with a touch of clover honey for some added sweetness this morning. On its own, this tea isn’t particularly sweet, and its flavor is smooth, somewhat smokey mint. The smokey flavor works well with the bold mint taste, and I like this mint tea because it doesn’t have the sometimes overwhelming sharpness present in peppermint teas. This tea tastes more natural and vegetal, and while it is not a complex tea, the flavors are good and I find this brew to be very calming.

Flavors: Mint, Smoke, Spearmint

Had tummy problems all day so one cup of this was all I had, a serious cut back from what I usually have! I’ve made this many times before and it always tasted bitter and burned when I made it and I think it was because my water was too hot because my roommate made this cup for me and she actually checked the temp. and it was awesome! I’ll be keeping this one around for sour tummy days to come.

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML