Moroccan Mint

Green Tea
Mint, Spearmint
Edit tea info Last updated by Krystal

• “I really need more self control when it comes to tea. Having fallen in love with Tin Roof Teas Moroccan Mint, I wanted to taste others. I had my daughter pick this up in Raleigh last night so I...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1825 tasting notes
  • “Today is the first full day of school for both of my kids, and I am enjoying the quiet (and attempting to not worry about them too much) with one of my favorite teas. I don't think I can adequately...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 720 tasting notes
  • “Cold brewed - 4 tsp. leaves in 750 ml. water. Left for approximately 20 hours, with no sweeteners added/needed. This is a tea that I know well, in terms of the amount of tea leaves needed, the...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “*Tea #24 from Another Traveling Tea Box* I'm starting to realise I've gotten really sensitive to smoky teas in the last year or two. I used to really like gunpowder greens, but I'm just finding...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Teavana

A refreshing blend of Chinese Gunpowder green tea with spearmint. This traditional Moroccan drink is a wonderful digestive aid, famous for its anti-heartburn properties.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175-180 degrees and steep for 1 minute. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Gunpowder green tea with spearmint leaves.

About Teavana View company

This tea has spearmint instead of peppermint, which was why I bought it. Testing it tonight for the first time, my opinion is that this is only “ok”. Only “ok” isn’t good enough, so I’m going to play around with steep times etc., as there seems to be a wide variable for this one. I’m also going to try iced, as JoonS. makes such a compelling case for it : )

I’ve had this tea for a while and I’ve made disgusting cups and I’ve made wonderful cups. Most of the bad tasting cups came from my own inexperience on how to properly brew green teas, normally the water would be far too hot and i would steep it for way too long. Now I get the water a bit below boiling and steep it for no more than 3 minutes although 2 minutes and around 30 seconds seems to work much better. I’ve been using this tea as heartburn relief this past week and its been great. I think this will end up as a staple tea for me.

I am enjoying a cup of this lovely tea as I sit and relax while reading a book on tea I picked up at the library.

I really enjoy this one. It’s a very nice balance of mint and green tea. I was afraid it’d be too minty but it’s just right. The gun powder green tea is very smooth too. Plus the leave are fun to watch unfurl more with each steep (I usually get 3 good steeps out of this).

It’s a great refreshing tea for the afternoon. Might even be nice with sweetener if that’s your taste. I just prefer my green teas without any.

Teavana’s Moroccan Mint is one of my favorite morning blends. The minty and smoky flavor, when properly brewed, is refreshing and pleasant – just the right medley of mint and gunpowder green. If you like a stronger tea (like me) I add a heaping teaspoon per 8 oz of water and brew almost three minutes. I do recommend being careful about the temperature. I guesstimate well below boiling; that is how I enjoy it. The flavor is uplifting and refreshing – even as a hot tea in the heat of summer. This is delicious iced as well.

Clean, crisp and minty…I like to drink this when I have a cold or a sore throat, it’s very soothing.

Finally! A version of Morroccan mint tea that I like! It’s the spearmint that makes this such a soft, beautiful tea. I find the usual peppermint + green tea too strong a combo for my liking so this was a welcome surprise. I absolutely love this tea hot at any time of day.

Wanted to try this when I was the shop last week, then I remember I had some. It smells nicely minty. The flavour is kinda bland though. Perhaps I made it wrong (or let it cool too much during my shower), but I prefer plain mint herbals.

Flavors: Mint, Spearmint

This is a great after dinner tea. It might keep me up, but I need to be up working anyway. I’m not much for green tea, but I really like it like this, in combination with mint. I had a Moroccan Mint for the first time at a little coffee shop in Bethesda a couple of weekends ago. There, I had it iced, which I highly recommend. This one by Teavana is pretty similar from what I remember. I like how the green tea grounds the mint and gives it more dimension and I like how the mint is super refreshing. That is all :-) Thanks, carol who for sending this to me!

Flavors: Mint

I used to live in morocco and had tea daily, and since then never order because I assume I will be miserable about it. I winged it and ordered this and am obsessed. It is about as perfect as I can imagine pre-packaged. If someone knows a better one know !

1 tsp 300 OZ / 8872 ML