Moroccan Mint

Green Tea
Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by Krystal

• “I really need more self control when it comes to tea. Having fallen in love with Tin Roof Teas Moroccan Mint, I wanted to taste others. I had my daughter pick this up in Raleigh last night so I...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1798 tasting notes
  • “Today is the first full day of school for both of my kids, and I am enjoying the quiet (and attempting to not worry about them too much) with one of my favorite teas. I don't think I can adequately...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 649 tasting notes
  • “Cold brewed - 4 tsp. leaves in 750 ml. water. Left for approximately 20 hours, with no sweeteners added/needed. This is a tea that I know well, in terms of the amount of tea leaves needed, the...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “*Tea #24 from Another Traveling Tea Box* I'm starting to realise I've gotten really sensitive to smoky teas in the last year or two. I used to really like gunpowder greens, but I'm just finding...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Teavana

A refreshing blend of Chinese Gunpowder green tea with spearmint. This traditional Moroccan drink is a wonderful digestive aid, famous for its anti-heartburn properties.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175-180 degrees and steep for 1 minute. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Gunpowder green tea with spearmint leaves.

About Teavana View company

I was so excited to try this after having a couple other peppermint and spearmint herbal/green teas. Sadly, this one pales in comparison. The gunpowder green taste is definitely more prominent than the mint, which is hardly even noticeable (despite the promising minty scent). It’s way too light and bland. I couldn’t even get it to taste stronger when I used more leaves. If you like a nice strong minty tea, this DEFINITELY isn’t it.

Solid, typical Moroccan Mint

Very nice for what it is (nice flavor; economical; easy, multiple steeps; etc.) — but it’s doomed from the beginning. Combining a one-minute/175 tea with a 5-minute/212 tea is rather unfair to both. Shall we understeep the spearmint (as recommended by Teavana), oversteep the green (ugh!), or find some middle way that ruins them both? Alas, poor spearmint, it’s just along for the ride…

I didn’t like this one for some reason, I suppose I’m just not a big fan of mint.

The mint taste wasn’t that over powering though – just remember to occasionally shake the bag as the mint will settle to the bottom over time.

Really enjoyed this tea. I wasn’t quite sure what to get when i was on the teavana website but this one stood out for some reason. I’m a fan of green teas and this one doesn’t dissapoint, it’s aroma is very soothing and tastes wonderful. Definitely recommend it to other people.

…like a cooling breeze coming from the desert….
Great tea during summer time. Very refreshing indeed.

But no doubt that the chosen tea leafs (probably from Zhejiang province, China) for the base of this blend are below second class quality. Well, which tea grower would cover his painfully nurtured harvest with mint oils and fragrances?

Still…a great tea to have if for the length of a cup you manage to forget the above.

This is usually my go-to tea when I’m feeling under the weather. Stomach ache, sore throat, sinus congestion? This may not cure it, but it just makes me feel good!

As far as Moroccan Mint teas go, this is definitely not the best. Maybe it’s because because the mint and leaves have been mixed in together for a period of time, or just because Teavana tends to have low-quality, but it tasted a bit stale to me when I did a comparison to Moroccan Mint I blended myself with tea from other sources.
Your best bet is getting it somewhere else, or, at the very least, buying the two ingredients separately, whether from Teavana or elsewhere. An advantage to the latter option is that you have more control over the green to mint ratio.

It makes my mouth feel clean, and it smells amazing. The mint isn’t overpowering, which is really nice. A lot of green mint teas fall into the trap of attacking the tastebuds with the mint flavor and the mint flavor alone. This tea however, gracefully avoided that, you can taste the mint and the green tea, so yay.

I’ve tried this tea for the past few evenings and it has become one of my favorite Morrocan mint teas. It has a nice smokey flavor with the perfect touch of mintiness.