Moroccan Mint

Green Tea
Plants, Spearmint, Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by Krystal

• “I really need more self control when it comes to tea. Having fallen in love with Tin Roof Teas Moroccan Mint, I wanted to taste others. I had my daughter pick this up in Raleigh last night so I...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1848 tasting notes
  • “Today is the first full day of school for both of my kids, and I am enjoying the quiet (and attempting to not worry about them too much) with one of my favorite teas. I don't think I can adequately...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 773 tasting notes
  • “Cold brewed - 4 tsp. leaves in 750 ml. water. Left for approximately 20 hours, with no sweeteners added/needed. This is a tea that I know well, in terms of the amount of tea leaves needed, the...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 805 tasting notes
  • “*Tea #24 from Another Traveling Tea Box* I'm starting to realise I've gotten really sensitive to smoky teas in the last year or two. I used to really like gunpowder greens, but I'm just finding...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Teavana

A refreshing blend of Chinese Gunpowder green tea with spearmint. This traditional Moroccan drink is a wonderful digestive aid, famous for its anti-heartburn properties.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175-180 degrees and steep for 1 minute. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Gunpowder green tea with spearmint leaves.

About Teavana View company

Dry Leaf Nose: Minty with a hint of fruit, smokey and vegetal (herbal)

Liquor: Golden yellow

Flavour: Vegetal (herbal), Minty, Strong, Jagged “mouthfeel”, slightly dry at the end

Please Note: This review was done by my sister.
Second Note: 10 sec. wash was done

I was given 4 ounces of this as a present in a blue tin with a diamond pattern. I keep most of my tea out in a cabinet in a common area, but I’ve been hoarding this one on a shelf in my room. It’s dumb, but I like seeing the packaging when I get up, and honestly that’s what I use this tea for. It’s not the strong, bracing type that hauls your sleep-deprived ass to class, but it’s light and it has a good flavor with just enough mint to keep you aware.

To be honest, the mint is light in this one. I was hoping for something a little stronger since the green tea used as the base is pretty average. Still, I can be very happy with the subtle chill that builds up after drinking a tall cup. It’s not perfect, but I wouldn’t warn you off it.

I’ve been told it’s great iced, but I haven’t tried it yet. Maybe when I can get at it again. Also, for anyone with steady hands, you can try a long pour from a good height above your cup and see if you can build a Moroccan-style foam on your tea! I don’t really have the facilities right now, but if you manage to do this, I’d love to know.

I snagged a couple teaspoons of this from a friend who had a major Teavana haul, and I was pretty excited because the stuff smells so good! It smells pretty minty with a distinct green tea hint that I was itching to try out.

After popping it into my teapot and setting it to steep for a minute or two, I poured it out and took a sip. I was…disappointed. The taste was pretty flat. I threw the strainer basket back in, while the water was still piping hot, and let it steep for another couple minutes. I poured another cup and was met with the same result. Bland, flat green tea, with a minty scent but no minty taste.

Thinking maybe it hadn’t steeped long enough, I boiled up more water for a second steep after finishing what I had already brewed. I let it steep for longer, only to be met with the same results, if not worse. This time, just uninspired green tea, with no mint to be found anywhere. I’m glad I only had a sample instead of a whole bag.

I was so excited to try this after having a couple other peppermint and spearmint herbal/green teas. Sadly, this one pales in comparison. The gunpowder green taste is definitely more prominent than the mint, which is hardly even noticeable (despite the promising minty scent). It’s way too light and bland. I couldn’t even get it to taste stronger when I used more leaves. If you like a nice strong minty tea, this DEFINITELY isn’t it.

Solid, typical Moroccan Mint

Very nice for what it is (nice flavor; economical; easy, multiple steeps; etc.) — but it’s doomed from the beginning. Combining a one-minute/175 tea with a 5-minute/212 tea is rather unfair to both. Shall we understeep the spearmint (as recommended by Teavana), oversteep the green (ugh!), or find some middle way that ruins them both? Alas, poor spearmint, it’s just along for the ride…

I didn’t like this one for some reason, I suppose I’m just not a big fan of mint.

The mint taste wasn’t that over powering though – just remember to occasionally shake the bag as the mint will settle to the bottom over time.

Really enjoyed this tea. I wasn’t quite sure what to get when i was on the teavana website but this one stood out for some reason. I’m a fan of green teas and this one doesn’t dissapoint, it’s aroma is very soothing and tastes wonderful. Definitely recommend it to other people.

…like a cooling breeze coming from the desert….
Great tea during summer time. Very refreshing indeed.

But no doubt that the chosen tea leafs (probably from Zhejiang province, China) for the base of this blend are below second class quality. Well, which tea grower would cover his painfully nurtured harvest with mint oils and fragrances?

Still…a great tea to have if for the length of a cup you manage to forget the above.

This is usually my go-to tea when I’m feeling under the weather. Stomach ache, sore throat, sinus congestion? This may not cure it, but it just makes me feel good!