Blueberry Kona Pop Tea Blend

Fruit Herbal Rooibos Blend
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by lolainred

From Teavana

Deliciously fruity and refreshing! This blend of our Blueberry Bliss Rooibos tea and Pineapple Kona Pop herbal tea makes a wonderful iced tea treat when paired with our German Rock Sugar. It is a caffeine-free delight that is great for the whole family. Includes 4oz of tea.

Preparation / Ingredients Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just boiling (208 degrees) and steep for five minutes. For iced tea, double the amount of tea and the steep time. 8oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons of tea.

Ingredients: Green rooibos tea, apple pieces, blueberries, candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar), raisins, rose blossom leaves, rosebuds, marigold blossoms, mallow blossoms, black currants, rosehip peels, orange blossoms, beetroot pieces, hibiscus flowers, cornflower blossoms and flavoring.

About Teavana View company

Tastes good with german rock sugar!

170 °F / 76 °C 8 min or more

Another infamous Teavana tea that’s better iced than hot. I enjoyed it as a fan of the flavor profile of blueberries and pineapple. I take my teas sweet, and, like other reviewers have mentioned, it’s pretty sweet. However, I take it iced with a teaspoon of sugar, and overall, it’s a pretty delightful summertime beverage.

I want to like this tea. I really, really do. I got a sample of it with a recent order with teavana and didn’t really stop to check the ingredients. The first cup of it I made was absolutely revolting. It was FAR too sweet for my tastes. I figured it must be the candied pineapple and I’d pick it out before making my next cup. I poured one ‘perfect teaspoon’ of tea into a tiny bowl (it’s a teaspoon I purchased from my local DavidsTea) and was really unimpressed with the amount of added sugar I found. About half of what I scooped out was sugar!
Now this probably works just fine for someone who enjoys sweetened teas (i.e. my boyfriend) but I rarely add sweetener to my teas, and almost never to fruity blends. When I do, it’s often agave or honey, never sugar. I found it just a bit too weak but this is probably because after I picked out all the sugar I didn’t have enough for an actual serving.
I would really like to try this tea again and was seriously contemplating purchasing a blend but I’m wondering if it comes with sugar already added? Can anyone help me out?

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

So like the Chateau Blanc, this isn’t technically a sipdown since there’s the last of the “leaf” brewing, but unlike the Chateau Blanc, this was one I really enjoyed. Drinking rooibos really helps with my inflammation and stomach woes and it’s really a delicious iced drink, even unsweetened, a major plus in my book. I’m actually having a big 20oz tumbler of it now.

Just tart enough to be refreshing and just sweet enough to stand on its own without an additives. Wouldn’t repurchase right away since the minimum purchase is 4oz and I have quite a few teas at the moment that are perfect for drinking iced, but I’ll definitely keep it in mind for a future order (though instead, I may just buy the two components of this separately as there’s no cost benefit to buying the premixed blend).

Kind of can’t believe I have 2 Teavana sipdowns in one day!

Always a nice evening treat.

Aroma: Strong, sweet, fruity
Liquor Color: Light red/pink
Liquor Flavor: Sweet, artificial fruit flavor, weird aftertaste
Notes: Sample does not taste like the sample in store, although this one is a lot less sweet, it’s still not that great. The scent out of the bag was overpowering, once brewed, I thought it had a weird after taste.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Ok. Confession time. This is the tea that got me hooked. I was casually strolling through the mall, minding my own business when out of nowhere, a sweet little old lady asked “Try some iced-tea?”

WHO DOESN’T LOVE ICED TEA? And in my defense, she was a very nice lady. So I took her little cup and gave it a swig. I was shocked at how much I loved it. So shocked, I immediately wandered into the store to see what this tea nonsense was all about.

$70 later I walked out with 8oz. of Blueberry Kona Pop, some rock sugar, a tea mug/infuser combo, a citrus tin for the tea, and an over-whelming sense of “WHAT JUST HAPPENED?”

All that said…this is a delightful tea. One of the only ones I will actually buy from Teavana. It is great iced or hot. With sugar or without. I don’t think it tastes overly artificial. I think it is a refreshing blend of pineapple and blueberry. I highly recommend this decaf gem.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
lolainred

I laughed so hard reading this because I had basically the same first teavana experience right down to walking out with a large tin of this exact tea. It really is absolutely lovely iced.

They always have this iced for samplings. Tastes like blueberry juice. So good.

I steeped this blend for 15 minutes and poured over ice. It was the closest I’ve been able to make it to what they serve in the store.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I tasted this for the first time in the Teavana store. It was served cold and sweetened with their German rock sugar. It was cool and refreshing. I really enjoyed it and it will be great when the hot summer months come around. I was just sent a sample of this and can’t wait to make some lovely iced tea.